Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculously messed up wingspan?  (Read 3958 times)

Rush

• Visitor
Ridiculously messed up wingspan?
« on: November 28, 2015, 11:06:44 PM »

Hey everyone. I found a tape measure, and I thought I'd decided to measure myself again.

So, I leaned against the wall with both hands as outstretched and parallel to the ground as possible. I had the fingertips of one hand against the corner of a wall, and I marked the other one with a pencil.
The mark was at a little less than 5ft4 or 162cm.
I measured again a few times, and I kept getting the same result, if not smaller.

Did I measure wrong? Or is my wingspan just an outlier in the negative?

I've been up for over a day, and my back is really tight, so would that be a factor? Probably not enough to make an 8cm deficit from the norm.
Starting/current height: 167cm
Desired height: 180cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Alittletooshort

Re: Ridiculously messed up wingspan?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »

Some people do have a negative ape index, do you have narrow shoulders?

Rush

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:14:58 AM »

I think it'd be called a t-rex index lol.
I actually think I have above average shoulders.
Welp, at least I don't even have to think about LLing over 180cm in the future  :P

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »

My wingspan is 4 cm less than my height, it's due to having a thin build although my arms are slightly short as well.

theuprising

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:33 AM »

Do you have any pictures of this? Arm lengthening would probably be needed in your case if you want 175cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »

3 inches shorter than your wingspan is a bit weird. But I still don't think you need arm lengthening. Overkill.

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 10:06:19 AM »

3 inches shorter than your wingspan is a bit weird. But I still don't think you need arm lengthening. Overkill.

Huh? At 175cm he'll be 13cm over wingspan.

Deads

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »

If someone can have a wingspan of 8cm under their height naturally and it goes unnoticed, then what the hell are we all worried about wingspans for?

Even Uppland has a wingspan 4cm below his height.. I think wingspans are a bit over-rated. The only thing that I think you truely have to take into consideration is the difference in build between someone your own height and someone 3-4 inches taller than you. People taller generally have a proportionately bigger skeletal build.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »

If someone can have a wingspan of 8cm under their height naturally and it goes unnoticed, then what the hell are we all worried about wingspans for?

Even Uppland has a wingspan 4cm below his height.. I think wingspans are a bit over-rated. The only thing that I think you truely have to take into consideration is the difference in build between someone your own height and someone 3-4 inches taller than you. People taller generally have a proportionately bigger skeletal build.
At the end of the day, what really matters is how you view yourself after lengthening. Some people care more about proportions than others. Easiest way to find out if you like your new proportions is to just wear some shoe lifts and stand in front of a full lengthen mirror. Like what you see? Go ahead and lengthen by that much. I don't know where one could get 3" shoe lifts, though. Might just have to simulate it by standing on your tippy toes while wearing shoes.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Rush

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »

Welp, turns out I'm an idiot.

I read a post somewhere saying measuring wingspan by yourself is tricky and that laying down with arms outstretched is a good way.

This made me realized that I was measuring with a protracted shoulder blade because my back was facing away from the wall.

Remeasure laying on ground: 5'6~ 168cm

theuprising

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

Welp, turns out I'm an idiot.

I read a post somewhere saying measuring wingspan by yourself is tricky and that laying down with arms outstretched is a good way.

This made me realized that I was measuring with a protracted shoulder blade because my back was facing away from the wall.

Remeasure laying on ground: 5'6~ 168cm

Haha thought this was the case since 5cm over wingspan is noticeable no doubt you would have been called the t-rex growing up if you naturally were 8cm!
Pages: [1]   Go Up