Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on realistic height goal.  (Read 1332 times)

Usernam3

Advice on realistic height goal.
« on: May 31, 2021, 08:39:40 PM »

After working alot and shilling a ton of   coins I finally have enough money to afford LL.

I am 19 years old and am 181cm. Before you go 181 is tall bla bla bla, please visit the Netherlands once and you'll understand me.

I have considered LL for a long time. When I was 12 years old the school doctor predicted me to become about 190 to 195cm, but weirdly at 15 I suddenly stopped growing in height and started getting a beard and started developing wider shoulders, I feel robbed by my stupid puberty hormones.

Thankfully my proportions are pretty promising;

Wingspan: 189cm
Feet size: 44 eu / 11.5 us /  11 uk

I really want to be 190cm or taller IF realistic.

I just need someone to be honest and tell me what height is realistic and plenty safe to do.

Usernam3

Re: Advice on realistic height goal.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 08:42:52 PM »

Also another question; does the size of your ankles matter?

I read that ankle circumference tells a lot about the density of your lower body bones. Mine are weirdly big (28cm top 0,1%) so I am kinda worried that the bones in my lower body are too dense/big to do something like LL or stryde method. Or could this be more beneficial for recovery?

Thorfinnn

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 10:52:25 PM »

You should do 8 cm femurs with an internal nail.

Usernam3

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »

No I'd rather split them up in 2 fragments doing 5.5 cm on femur and 3.5 on tibia. I think since I am already pretty tall my bones might be able to endure more lengthening so if its safe id go 7 femur and 5 cm tibia. But for now 5.5 and 3.5 seem the most safe.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 12:22:24 PM »

No I'd rather split them up in 2 fragments doing 5.5 cm on femur and 3.5 on tibia. I think since I am already pretty tall my bones might be able to endure more lengthening so if its safe id go 7 femur and 5 cm tibia. But for now 5.5 and 3.5 seem the most safe.
Troll 100%
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

5ft5

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 02:25:28 PM »

You should consult this with a doctor but I'd like to know why two segments though? 2 segments = double trauma to legs. Plus you said that since you're tall you could endure more lengthening so you could go for 8 cm in the femur directly, re-break again, and gain a few more cms in the femur again.

Usernam3

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 11:21:34 PM »

Troll 100%

Not a troll, I am just legit a noob and I don't really know what I am talking about. That's why I made this thread. My femurs already look kinda tall compared to my tibia so I rather keep the proportion as good as I can, hence why it seemed logical for me to do 2 segments. I will do them in safe parameters and listen to what my doctor thinks is best. I just really want to touch that 190cm without getting comical-looking legs.

Usernam3

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »

You should consult this with a doctor but I'd like to know why two segments though? 2 segments = double trauma to legs. Plus you said that since you're tall you could endure more lengthening so you could go for 8 cm in the femur directly, re-break again, and gain a few more cms in the femur again.

As my reply above mentions, I am afraid doing only one segment would cause a disturbance in proportions specifically the tibia and femur proportion. And of course, I am not that delusional to think 181cm is short, I just happened to be in an environment where I am pretty much surrounded by very tall people. Besides that, I was always expected to be tall, the tallest guy in class, the tallest guy on my football team. I kinda miss the feeling of being the biggest guy in the room, and the disappointment of ''just'' ending up to be 181cm is deep in there.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 12:19:27 AM »

Bro are you sure you want to do two segments it’s double the money time and effort. I know your worried about your femur being too long but in the real world nobody will care. It may look a little off when your nked but it doesn’t matter when your clothed. Get 8 cm with internal nail and get to 189 cm I know it’s not 190 but it’s just 1 cm off.

HeightGain

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 09:29:57 AM »

Doctors predictions are just that predictions. Many people were tall when you get buy turned out average and many the opposite happened. You weren't cheated, you are basing your expectation on incomplete data.

Your proportions, arms and feet are pretty standard for your height.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

Unless you actually live in the Netherlands and don’t just “visit” it, you don’t sound like you have height neurosis.  You just kinda wish you were a bit taller.  That’s fine and all, but if that’s all that’s motivating you, I can promise you that you will not be going through quadrilateral lengthening.  I have bad height neurosis despite being similar to the average for my country and I barely went through with it.  I’m almost positive I’ll never do another segment.  This surgery is brutal.  Most people who are 5’11” or higher here or who consult with doctors don’t end up doing the surgery.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »

Better do 2cm on femurs and 0,8 on tibias to be even safer, as brrqking 4 bones and doing very major surgeries are not dangerous but lengthening 5cm on tibias instead of 3 is...

Anyway you are a boy so I won't be more harsh.
Afte 5-6 years that you'll become almost a man come here to talk again about LL.
Most probably you won't even remember what it is.

Usernam3

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »

Unless you actually live in the Netherlands and don’t just “visit” it, you don’t sound like you have height neurosis.  You just kinda wish you were a bit taller.  That’s fine and all, but if that’s all that’s motivating you, I can promise you that you will not be going through quadrilateral lengthening.  I have bad height neurosis despite being similar to the average for my country and I barely went through with it.  I’m almost positive I’ll never do another segment.  This surgery is brutal.  Most people who are 5’11” or higher here or who consult with doctors don’t end up doing the surgery.

Yes, I live in the Netherlands, and I am 100% sure this surgery won't be a big deal for me. I got circumcision without anesthesia, and it didn't bother me one bit so my pain tolerance won't be a problem. I have an iron mentality and will go through with this.

Usernam3

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 09:18:18 AM »

Better do 2cm on femurs and 0,8 on tibias to be even safer, as brrqking 4 bones and doing very major surgeries are not dangerous but lengthening 5cm on tibias instead of 3 is...

Anyway you are a boy so I won't be more harsh.
Afte 5-6 years that you'll become almost a man come here to talk again about LL.
Most probably you won't even remember what it is.

Haha so funny, mocking my limited knowledge. I came here for advice on a realistic height goal. And after 5-6 years I have done my leg lengthening long ago. I am planning to get one within 2 to 3 years, I saved enough to do two segments and am willing to do so if it means I won't get weird un-proportional legs.

TinyTL

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 03:33:21 PM »

here's a bit of an advice from LL'er; go home. your drunk.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 06:05:47 PM »

here's a bit of an advice from LL'er; go home. your drunk.

Being 5’11” in the Netherlands is kind of like being 5’9” in the United States, so since he actually is Dutch I actually think he has a case.  Paley has written specifically about a Dutch guy he operated on who was 5’11” because he felt small.  6’0” is average for young Dutch natives (though don’t believe the Dutch people who lie and say it’s like 6’2” or whatever, it’s definitely not, even in universities… even the Dutch lie about height a lot, perhaps especially since it’s their source of national pride) so 5’11” is a reasonable height for a Dutch candidate.

OP: Do 5cm femurs and then decide from there.  You’ll be 186cm which might cure your neurosis.  If you don’t like it then either continue the nail until it maxes out at 8cm and you’re 189cm (I recommend this) or wait a year and then do tibias.  Regardless if you stop at 186 or 189 I think you’ll be happy and probably not want to do tibias later.  Just don’t do them at the same time, quadrilateral is really torture and more than twice as hard.  Quadrilateral being used to get to 8cm I think is madness, I wouldn’t consider it for any height goal under 10cm.  Often the candidates who do it use it to get from 5’3” to 5’8” or so, rare that someone around average height does it.

Usernam3

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »

Being 5’11” in the Netherlands is kind of like being 5’9” in the United States, so since he actually is Dutch I actually think he has a case.  Paley has written specifically about a Dutch guy he operated on who was 5’11” because he felt small.  6’0” is average for young Dutch natives (though don’t believe the Dutch people who lie and say it’s like 6’2” or whatever, it’s definitely not, even in universities… even the Dutch lie about height a lot, perhaps especially since it’s their source of national pride) so 5’11” is a reasonable height for a Dutch candidate.

OP: Do 5cm femurs and then decide from there.  You’ll be 186cm which might cure your neurosis.  If you don’t like it then either continue the nail until it maxes out at 8cm and you’re 189cm (I recommend this) or wait a year and then do tibias.  Regardless if you stop at 186 or 189 I think you’ll be happy and probably not want to do tibias later.  Just don’t do them at the same time, quadrilateral is really torture and more than twice as hard.  Quadrilateral being used to get to 8cm I think is madness, I wouldn’t consider it for any height goal under 10cm.  Often the candidates who do it use it to get from 5’3” to 5’8” or so, rare that someone around average height does it.

Thanks for the serious response, I wasn’t aware of how impactful the operation would be if I’d do them at the same time. I will follow your advice you really changed my mind. I will go for 189cm. And probably will be happy with it. If not I can do tibia and get between 192cm and 194cm (Which honestly is my dream height.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up