Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 Year old 5'8 looking to grow 2-3 inches. Serious advice and help needed  (Read 19261 times)

yyes

Hi guys, I dont know where to start. I guess I can start with funds. I have 10 grand available for this. Also, the reason I want to have this procedure done is to have a bit more success in the dating world. I have definitely dated in the past. I have had a total of maybe 2 serious relationships and 4 other relationships that werent too serious but nevertheless romantic.

Honestly, my face is of average looks. Many people say I am good looking, but I feel that I am average. I am latino as well.

I am providing all this information so that you guys can help me evalute from an unbiased point of view.

I have heard that in life, to be successful with girls, you either have to be extremely good looking from the face, or be tall with an average face. However, someone with average looks and an average face is not deemed attractive. In fact, studies have shown that an average face, is rated less than average by females. I can provide links if necessary.

This might sound silly to you guys and many might find it pathetic and not respond. I however am dead serious about this and wanted to know your opinions.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Taller

Girls care less about looks than you think. As long as you're not ugly, are physically fit, and are 5'8 or taller, you can get any girl if you have enough game. But game makes the difference. I've seen average looking 5'9 guys get way way hotter girls than really good looking 6'0+ guys just by having really smooth social skills and game. Actually, this happens quite a bit.

yyes

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Just for reference. I dont expect you to read the article so in a nutshell, the article basically confirms that women have very high expectations.

These arent just beautiful women, but also the ones that are not deemed beautiful.

Now some men are satisfied with any woman, others are satisfied with average looks, others with pretty, and others only date drop dead gorgeous.

For the sake of clarification, lets assume we are talking about average and pretty girls, since its almost impossible to date drop dead gorgeous girls unless you are extremely good looking yourself

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

It's good that you started by mentioning funds, because I can tell you right now that you don't have enough.  You'll need at least $15k to get it done even by an inexpensive doctor such as Dr. Sarin.  $10k for the surgery and another $5k for living expenses would just barely cover it.  And then there's the plane tickets to India and back...

I don't think you're pathetic.  You're a short guy who's not happy with his height, like most of the posters here.

yyes

It's good that you started by mentioning funds, because I can tell you right now that you don't have enough.  You'll need at least $15k to get it done even by an inexpensive doctor such as Dr. Sarin.  $10k for the surgery and another $5k for living expenses would just barely cover it.  And then there's the plane tickets to India and back...

I don't think you're pathetic.  You're a short guy who's not happy with his height, like most of the posters here.

Im actually glad you responded Medium Drink of Water.

Hope you dont mind if I ask you a few questions

1) Do you think going from 5'8 to 5'10 will make a significant difference in the dating world all things considered equal? Or should I just stick to wearing lifts ?

2) Are you happy with your decision and have you noticed more success in the dating world?

3) How much did you pay for your surgery?>

Thank you

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Going from 5'8 (slightly below average) to 5'10 (slightly above average) will most likely improve your dating life.  Women care about height.

I'm very happy with my decision and I have noticed that women look at me differently and treat me differently.  Maybe that's just because I have more self confidence and not because of the actual height itself, but it doesn't matter.  LL changed my life for the better, regardless of whether it's all in my head or not.

I paid $25,000 for the surgery in 2007.  Dr. Peng has since raised his price to $35,000.

yyes

Wow 35 grand is not bad at all. Would you say at 26 i am too old for this procedure though? Sorry for all the questions hehe.

My biggest concern with LL is that I will end up amputated or with a fat embolism or something like that.

Penguinn

You're definitely not too old for this. I think most people get it done in their 20s, some in their 30s too.
And 5'8 and an average face isn't pathetic at all.
And 10K isn't nearly enough, sadly.

microman

your height isn't holding you back with women, you will be unhappy with the results if you are expecting a rather large change to yourself after the operation.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

My biggest concern with LL is that I will end up amputated or with a fat embolism or something like that.

Yep, those are concerns that could definitely happen.  LL is a major surgery, so you've gotta really, really want it and be willing to take that risk.

Penguinn

Re: 26 Year old 5'8 looking to grow 2-3 inches. Serious advice and help needed
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »

Yep, those are concerns that could definitely happen.  LL is a major surgery, so you've gotta really, really want it and be willing to take that risk.

How many LLers have been amputated? Especially those that were healthy before and went for cosmetic LL?

Tibiafibula

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 01:47:07 PM »

If you have 10$ its more then enaugh for ilizarov external ive done mine for 7000$ in moscow with Dr Bagirov this july  i strongly recommend this doctor he uses half ring very comfortable for sleeping and very strong for walking lenthened for 7cm you dont have to stay in moscow for entire lenthening coz its waste of time he does the surgery and you can leave and lenthen by your self he will teach you how to do it its very simple as long as you follow what he says you wont have any problems for 7cm it took me 2.5month and now i am consalidatiolng i have another 3 month to remive my frames as my healing is going very well so in total i will be wearing this frame for 6month and 17days from the day of the surgery and until i take off the frames 

Ozymandias

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »

Even Dr. Franz Birkholtz, who seems to be a very cautious doctor, stated that the risk of amputation with a competent doctor is zero or very close to zero.

Fat embolism seems to be a serious concern only with bilateral femurs. If you have a low budget you will probably go for tibias. And if you do femurs, you can do a two stage procedure to reduce risks, as Dr. Baumgart or Dr. Monegal recommend.

yyes

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »

If you have 10$ its more then enaugh for ilizarov external ive done mine for 7000$ in moscow with Dr Bagirov this july  i strongly recommend this doctor he uses half ring very comfortable for sleeping and very strong for walking lenthened for 7cm you dont have to stay in moscow for entire lenthening coz its waste of time he does the surgery and you can leave and lenthen by your self he will teach you how to do it its very simple as long as you follow what he says you wont have any problems for 7cm it took me 2.5month and now i am consalidatiolng i have another 3 month to remive my frames as my healing is going very well so in total i will be wearing this frame for 6month and 17days from the day of the surgery and until i take off the frames

Do you have before and afters to see your progress?

yyes

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 05:17:11 PM »

your height isn't holding you back with women, you will be unhappy with the results if you are expecting a rather large change to yourself after the operation.

Even with an average face, you dont think my height is holding me back huh?

yyes

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »

Even Dr. Franz Birkholtz, who seems to be a very cautious doctor, stated that the risk of amputation with a competent doctor is zero or very close to zero.

Fat embolism seems to be a serious concern only with bilateral femurs. If you have a low budget you will probably go for tibias. And if you do femurs, you can do a two stage procedure to reduce risks, as Dr. Baumgart or Dr. Monegal recommend.

Yeah I am thinking of doing tibias. However something that gives me peace of mind is the fact that the surgery takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half. I have had other cosmetic procedures that have taken 3-4 hours so thats pretty cool.

Whats a good low budget doctor that does tibias ?

Devildog 0331

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 05:26:54 PM »

Maybe I'm just too short 5' 4" but I have been successful with girls until now. I was told I'm very good looking but very short.

I find 5' 8" a perfect height maybe it's because after LL I will only be 5' 6.5". That will be an extreme boast for me.

I don't think your current height is the problem or turns girl off there has to be something else. Only you could answer that question.

I think it's more in your mind than anything else because that is a decent height. But you only have one life and you are still young. 2 inches will definitely make a huge difference in appearance and boast your confidence. So continue to save that bread lol

microman

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »

why don't you ask girls what they think of your height specifically.

i think you will find they will say you have a 'good', 'fine' or 'decent' height.

if you tell them about LL and they understand it they will say it is not worth it.

but don't take my word, just see what they say.

Ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »

why don't you ask girls what they think of your height specifically.

i think you will find they will say you have a 'good', 'fine' or 'decent' height.

if you tell them about LL and they understand it they will say it is not worth it.

but don't take my word, just see what they say.

No girl will be honest about that. They will say that height is not important, that they only value confidence, intelligence, etc... It's more or less if a chubby girl ask you about her weight. We are all hypocrites.

Also, doing LL just for being accepted by girls is not worth the effort, IMO

Alu

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »

I'm gonna be harsh: come back when you have at least 50-70k saved up and a better reason to go through with LL.

You seem to want to do this for dating reasons which is at the bottom of the barrel for a primary reason— especially considering your own starting height. You're overthinking it and at the same time not fully weighing the risk and rewards for undergoing LL. You're sacrificing your body to meet other's selfish needs and demands. You will lose so much with LL: time, money, social activities, athleticism, proportionality, and so on. If something were to happen during or after LL and in your mind the primary focus for LL was women, then trust me you will regret it immensely. '

Focus on other factors in your life, like becoming more fit and charming.

Tibiafibula

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »

I do have before after pictures send me personal massage with your phone number and i can send it to you i cannot publicly post my picture for personal reasons

Uppland

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »

I do have before after pictures send me personal massage with your phone number and i can send it to you i cannot publicly post my picture for personal reasons

You can't send them in a forum pm?

I promise I will not share.

programdude

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:34 PM »

If your goal is results with the girls, it really is incredible the difference going from 5 8 to 5 11- This coming from someone who did great with them before, but the comments and reverence that height get is definitely nice.

That being said if you aren't already getting girls, and girls is your only reason for doing this, and you don't have massive savings.... I'd probably strike it from your mind. It takes a lot of money, time, pain, recovery. I am still far from recovered for those 3 inches that I paid a lot for.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

please

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 07:44:42 PM »

Why go to India or China if you can have it done in Europe with the best surgeons with a fear amount of money?
There is a very successful diary running now from a guy "lumiere" who had it done in Italy with Catagni.
I believe he spent around 20K.

Here is the link to his diary.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2161.msg43683;topicseen#msg43683

yyes

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 08:41:19 PM »

I appreciate all of your guys responses. It is great to see replies from unbiased people.

I ask around and most people tell me that for being latino I would not be considered short. However, when comparing myself to caucasian people, they are all 5'10 and up.

Here are some pictures so that you guys know what I am talking about. I have had "some" success with girls. Never with white girls or anything like that, all have been latina girls. These girls have been very pretty but I cant seem to keep them for some reason. I attribute it to my height or looks.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmaThVVHNpY1h6dGs&usp=sharing

50-70 k is not something that i see myself getting until I am around 30. By that time, I feel that my youth would be over and I wouldnt be able to enjoy my height change. Its like a catch 22.

Taller

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »

Honestly, you need to work on your wardrobe. That will make a big difference. The gray suit you have on in that one pic looks really sharp though. Besides that, go for more of a GQ look and grow out your hair a bit. I find that many Latinos can pull off that look really well, but few go for it, instead opting for buzz cuts and oversized shirts.

I think a change in wardrobe will really set you apart and make a big difference in your dating life.

Also, work out. Lose fat and gain muscle.

Work on your game with girls. Don't be creepy! Having platonic female friends is a great way to be comfortable talking to girls and understanding how their minds work. Then you can apply that comfort and confidence to dating, and since you have lots platonic gal friends, your chances of being seen as creepy by a date go down to almost nothing. Be casual, confident, funny, and fun to be around.

Do all this and I think you'll be really happy with your dating life without needing LL

yyes

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »

Honestly, you need to work on your wardrobe. That will make a big difference. The gray suit you have on in that one pic looks really sharp though. Besides that, go for more of a GQ look and grow out your hair a bit. I find that many Latinos can pull off that look really well, but few go for it, instead opting for buzz cuts and oversized shirts.

I think a change in wardrobe will really set you apart and make a big difference in your dating life.

Also, work out. Lose fat and gain muscle.

Work on your game with girls. Don't be creepy!

Do all this and I think you'll be really happy with your dating life without needing LL

So you dont think it has to do with my looks or height?

Rather it has to do with my wardrobe?

Thats interesting as many people say that I know how to dress really well and some even go as far as saying that they thought I was gay since I dressed like a metrosexual according to them.

Taller

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 09:54:27 PM »

I think your look is nothing special as most Latinos I've met dress that way. Go for a GQ look, casual and relaxed but classier, and grow out your hair a bit and you'll look pretty good.

You can top it all off by getting in shape. It's worth it and gives you a priceless confidence and self esteem boost.

yyes

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »

I think your look is nothing special as most Latinos I've met dress that way. Go for a GQ look, casual and relaxed but classier, and grow out your hair a bit and you'll look pretty good.

You can top it all off by getting in shape. It's worth it and gives you a priceless confidence and self esteem boost.

im wondering if im skinny fat. i weigh 165 and play soccer twice a week. maybe gain more muscle??

so bottomline now that you have seen me shall i do LL or forget about it?

G-Man

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 10:46:43 PM »

Get a hairstyle, hit the gym, work on your wardrobe.  The gym part is huge, you will see the difference with the ladies.  If you are still not satisfied, save more money and get a decent doctor for LL.

treemonger

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2015, 11:50:47 PM »

I have heard that in life, to be successful with girls, you either have to be extremely good looking from the face, or be tall with an average face. However, someone with average looks and an average face is not deemed attractive. In fact, studies have shown that an average face, is rated less than average by females. I can provide links if necessary.

yves, what you wrote showed a level of immaturity and tells me you're probably not a good candidate for LL. From what you're suggesting, a 5'8 Latino investment banker from Harvard who is only average in looks is surely going to fail with the ladies. Serious?

You're a 26 year old man, taller than most in your ethnic group, and read a study that told you average looking people are not attractive? Did you think that average looking people will look anything other than average?

What about the other qualities that can set you apart? Like education, profession, demeanor with the ladies, manner of speech, hobbies, sense of humor, emotional intelligence. You didn't mention any of these things, but I suggest you start there because these things don't change on their own with LL.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up