Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 Year old 5'8 looking to grow 2-3 inches. Serious advice and help needed  (Read 19259 times)

yyes

Re: 26 Year old 5'8 looking to grow 2-3 inches. Serious advice and help needed
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »

yves, what you wrote showed a level of immaturity and tells me you're probably not a good candidate for LL. From what you're suggesting, a 5'8 Latino investment banker from Harvard who is only average in looks is surely going to fail with the ladies. Serious?

You're a 26 year old man, taller than most in your ethnic group, and read a study that told you average looking people are not attractive? Did you think that average looking people will look anything other than average?

What about the other qualities that can set you apart? Like education, profession, demeanor with the ladies, manner of speech, hobbies, sense of humor, emotional intelligence. You didn't mention any of these things, but I suggest you start there because these things don't change on their own with LL.

Im not sure that I agree with you treemonger. Sure, being funny, having a good career, being smart, and emotionally mature are all factors that make someone attractive. But to think that physical attributes such as being good looking and being tall is not important, then you would simply be wrong. Study after study shows that looks and height are incredibly important.

Deep down, a large percentage of people here are looking to get taller, with reasons including self esteem, gaining an advantage in the workplace, dating life, etc. If height werent important and it was shown that being shorter was an advantage in life, limb lengthening would be the furthest thing from peoples mind.

Ozymandias

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 12:54:06 AM »

I just reread your first post:

Also, the reason I want to have this procedure done is to have a bit more success in the dating world.

Honestly, do you think this is a good reason for having this surgery? Just for having "a bit more success" with ladies?

With your budget, LL implies going to Russia or China, get your tibias snapped, and spend up to a year with cages while fighting with pain, infections and ballerina feet. And just for having a bit more success in the dating pool? It seems like you are trying to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

yyes

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 01:00:59 AM »

I just reread your first post:

Honestly, do you think this is a good reason for having this surgery? Just for having "a bit more success" with ladies?

With your budget, LL implies going to Russia or China, get your tibias snapped, and spend up to a year with cages while fighting with pain, infections and ballerina feet. And just for having a bit more success in the dating pool? It seems like you are trying to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

So when do you think it would be considered to be "worth it"?

When is LL worth it in your opinion? I honestly want to know.

Alu

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 01:20:36 AM »

When you're facing bigger problems then simply wanting to be more attractive to women. Let's face it, with the added height you can draw a lot more women simply by being taller then what you are (considering you don't fk up your proportions and look like a freak): it's a great added bonus. But that should never, ever be the sole purpose of LL. Everyone has their reason for it, some better then others. Ultimately, it all boils down to getting rid of some pain we feel by being shorter (than average for some).

It's more worth it when someone has deep rooted mental issues that can never go away unless they grow vertically. It's worth it when you can ensure that you look the absolute best after LL. It's worth it when there are more than 1 reason why you want to go through with LL.

In your case just forget as best you can about LL. At 5'8, Latino, you are just 1 inch above average among us Latinos. You'd have no problems attracting Latinas, whom speaking from experience, care less about height then any other race, and are on average 5'3>. Even among Caucasian women your height shouldn't impose much of a problem.

blahblah

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 02:19:21 AM »

When you're facing bigger problems then simply wanting to be more attractive to women. Let's face it, with the added height you can draw a lot more women simply by being taller then what you are (considering you don't fk up your proportions and look like a freak): it's a great added bonus. But that should never, ever be the sole purpose of LL. Everyone has their reason for it, some better then others. Ultimately, it all boils down to getting rid of some pain we feel by being shorter (than average for some).

It's more worth it when someone has deep rooted mental issues that can never go away unless they grow vertically. It's worth it when you can ensure that you look the absolute best after LL. It's worth it when there are more than 1 reason why you want to go through with LL.

In your case just forget as best you can about LL. At 5'8, Latino, you are just 1 inch above average among us Latinos. You'd have no problems attracting Latinas, whom speaking from experience, care less about height then any other race, and are on average 5'3>. Even among Caucasian women your height shouldn't impose much of a problem.

You are a good height and I doubt going from 5'8 to 5'10 will make you that much more attractive to girls. A guy your height who is successful, funny, and charming is much more attractive to females then someone who is broke at 5'10. Another thing is what programdude said... if you are not getting girls at 5'8 you wont be getting them at 5'10, 6', or 6'5.  The extra 2 inched you want is a BONUS, not the actual factor. It's not your height thats the problem its your confidence, the way you act around them, or the things you say to them that is the problem. Also I looked at your pics and can't say you look short; therefore, highly doubt any girl thinks you are short either.

treemonger

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 02:39:11 AM »

But to think that physical attributes such as being good looking and being tall is not important, then you would simply be wrong. Study after study shows that looks and height are incredibly important.

yves, everyone in this forum including me thinks that height is important, that is why we're here. No one is disagreeing with you on that point. However, you are so hyperfocused on height that you are not considering improving other facets of your personhood.

What I did convey is that all those other qualities (education, career, demeanor) are just as important as height, and they're easier to improve on and fetch you greater gains with women than spending all your money and breaking your legs. After all, you are just looking for just "a bit more success."

Going back to my analogy, 5'8 investment banker who lights his cigar with $100 bills vs 5'10 burger flipper who lives at home. If you think women prefer the latter, I rest my case.

LL is done as a last resort, after one has exhausted all other options, failing to overcome one's height neurosis.

blahblah

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 04:01:45 AM »

yves, everyone in this forum including me thinks that height is important, that is why we're here. No one is disagreeing with you on that point. However, you are so hyperfocused on height that you are not considering improving other facets of your personhood.

What I did convey is that all those other qualities (education, career, demeanor) are just as important as height, and they're easier to improve on and fetch you greater gains with women than spending all your money and breaking your legs. After all, you are just looking for just "a bit more success."

Going back to my analogy, 5'8 investment banker who lights his cigar with $100 bills vs 5'10 burger flipper who lives at home. If you think women prefer the latter, I rest my case.

LL is done as a last resort, after one has exhausted all other options, failing to overcome one's height neurosis.

Please listen to the above from treemonger. This is fact!!!!! Case closed ;)!

yyes

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »

You are a good height and I doubt going from 5'8 to 5'10 will make you that much more attractive to girls. A guy your height who is successful, funny, and charming is much more attractive to females then someone who is broke at 5'10. Another thing is what programdude said... if you are not getting girls at 5'8 you wont be getting them at 5'10, 6', or 6'5.  The extra 2 inched you want is a BONUS, not the actual factor. It's not your height thats the problem its your confidence, the way you act around them, or the things you say to them that is the problem. Also I looked at your pics and can't say you look short; therefore, highly doubt any girl thinks you are short either.

Really, I am at a good height? Well this is good to hear. I just took a body fat percentage test and I feel that I might be skinny fat. I am at 17 percent. So maybe I can work on that rather than worry about LL?

And treemonger, this I can agree on. From what I gather, you are saying that adding two inches wont drastically change my world. It will be minimal at best I am assuming?

blahblah

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »

Yes, 17% is not good especially since you do not have a good muscle base. Trust me dude, put on 10-15lbs muscle and get down to 10% body fat and you will be laughing about even thinking about this stuff. You will have girls checking you out all the time. Others here are either really on the short side - which 2-3 inches will be drastic, or have really bad height neurosis (like myself). As other have said.... achieve and improve all other aspects of your life and let this be last resort. Programdude is a good example. He was already top physical shape, did well for himself financially, and had plenty of girls. This was last resort and this should be the same for all - not just you.

Ozymandias

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 06:48:00 AM »

So when do you think it would be considered to be "worth it"?

When is LL worth it in your opinion? I honestly want to know.

Basically what Alu said:

That's it. Height neurosis is way more complex than just wanting to have "a bit more success" with girls. Height is the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about before sleep. It sucks 24/7, even if there is no girl around.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »

I agree I don't believe your height is the problem there must be something else wrong.

Thatdude950

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »

Women will not fall into your lap just because you go from 5'8 to 5'10.

You will have the same face, the same body, the same personality. And post LL you'll have much less money. And you're weaker. And you have the stigma of having gone through a traumatic, unnecessary surgery when your height is normal. Huge sign of mental instability and a massive red flag.

Gee, what a catch! I'm sure the ladies will be lining up. ::)

chineseguy

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »

phew.   hard to understand english but still read it.   

you lack confidence.  you are no ugly.    it will not change.   go to gym. 

cant say many.   have hard to say english

yyes

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »

Women will not fall into your lap just because you go from 5'8 to 5'10.

You will have the same face, the same body, the same personality. And post LL you'll have much less money. And you're weaker. And you have the stigma of having gone through a traumatic, unnecessary surgery when your height is normal. Huge sign of mental instability and a massive red flag.

Gee, what a catch! I'm sure the ladies will be lining up. ::)

Wait, how am I showing mental instability? Does this mean that people that went from five eight to five eleven were also unstable. What about the ones that went over six feet? It seems pretty judgemental to call someone mentally unstable just because they want to know people's opinions about the procedure. There's no need to offend

Thatdude950

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

Wait, how am I showing mental instability? Does this mean that people that went from five eight to five eleven were also unstable. What about the ones that went over six feet? It seems pretty judgemental to call someone mentally unstable just because they want to know people's opinions about the procedure. There's no need to offend

Whether you are or aren't mentally stable doesn't make a difference. Society decides that for you. Society thinks that someone who voluntarily breaks their own legs for 2 inches of height is crazy. End of story. It might be normal in some small pockets, like this forum, but out in the real world where you'll live your life people think it's crazy.

If you think people have height prejudice, wait and see how they treat you if they find out about LL.

yyes

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »

Whether you are or aren't doesn't matter - that's how it looks to society. If you think people have height prejudice, wait and see how they treat you if they find out about LL.

This I can agree with you on. If people were to ever find out I had LL, they would judge me for the rest of my life.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2015, 02:20:42 AM »

Im 5' 4" top reasons for wanting LL

1     Im scared and embarass to purchase a moto-cyle because I cant even reach the floor

2      When I want to buy a suit I have to look for a 38Short

3     Literally everyone looks down on me because of my height

4      Im constantly depress because I feel my life is passing me by and im not happy because of     
        my height

5       I get funny looks from people because I'm so short

6        Most times people don't even notice my exsistance

7        I have 3 kids and I dress up for them Spiderman, Batman ect. In public places. People
          comment wow that spiderman or batman is so short.

8         I want to burst my confidence progress in life and its sad to say but appearance plays a
           huge role in life

9          No matter what I do Im viewed as a very short man.

10         I want to be more appealing to woman I only attract young woman because of my height

11         I want to go in a little deeper in the beach water without swallowing a load of sea water.

There are other reasons I just wish I was at least 5' 6" that would make my life so much easier

Devildog 0331

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2015, 02:33:58 AM »

My definitionof height standards

5'                      Dwarf  this height you are FUC$!!
5' 1"- 5' 2"         Extremely Short
5' 3"- 5' 4"          Very Short (ME)
5' 5"- 5' 6"          Short
5' 7"- 5' 8"          Average

Anyone please jump in and tell me what you think

I live in New York and people say the average height for a woman is 5' 4" that's BS i think its
5' 5"-5' 6". High School girls are taller than me.

I dont ask for much I just want to go from (very short to Short)

Devildog 0331

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:45 AM »

Another thing im tired of telling women to bend dog while im banging them doggy style or most times i have to tippy toe.

When I usually dance at the club the girl's ass is rubbing on my stomach

Be grateful you are 5' 8"

yyes

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 04:28:50 AM »

Another thing im tired of telling women to bend dog while im banging them doggy style or most times i have to tippy toe.

When I usually dance at the club the girl's ass is rubbing on my stomach

Be grateful you are 5' 8"

It's all about perspective. When this is comin from someone that is 5'4 then Yeah I consider myself extremely grateful, however when guys taller than me call me short then I also wish I were taller.

G-Man

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »

And post LL you'll have much less money.

Don't mind Thatdude, he wants everybody to invest in boring stuff and lead a boring life like him. ;D  He doesn't get that (I rarely say that) money isn't everything in life.

Thatdude950

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »

Money is always lurking in the background my friend ;)

But one thing it can't buy is a healthy, functioning body. That's down to your choices - and you're stuck with them. $$$ won't help when you reach the point of no return. It's not me that needs a lesson in what money can and can't do ...

G-Man

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

It's risk management, to each is own strategy.  If you do 4cm pure externals, extremely low risk, on tibs with let's say Catagni, you should retain a healthy, functioning body.

Considering the return on investment, I would choose this any day over mutual funds or stock.  30k would give me what after taxes for interests or dividends, 300$, 1200$ per year?  Peanuts, I'll take the 4cm for the rest of my life tyvm!

Thatdude950

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »

30,000 is a very low estimate. Including indirect costs like missed work, additional complications ... most people will be down 50k, probably closer to 100k.

Market returns an average of 10% ... So I'd say you're losing between 5k - 10k passive income per year, which only becomes more as it compounds ....

You can also borrow more with that as a deposit, so let's pick the middle amount and say instead of 75k invested you borrow the same amount to get 150k total ... 10% return is 15k, minus taxes/interest, probably about 11k. Nothing to sneeze at.

I'd rather let my money work for me and watch it grow , do odd jobs, improve myself in other ways and travel the world rather than use it to hospitalise myself for 2 extra inches. Good luck with your strategy, you'll need it.

G-Man

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »

50-100k for tibs, borrowing money instead to get to 150k?  Wth are you talking about?  You are delusional and grossly exaggerating facts in a pathetic attempt to prove your point.  Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.  You went from mildly entertaining to desperate.

Thatdude950

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »

50-100k for tibs, borrowing money instead to get to 150k?  Wth are you talking about?  You are delusional and grossly exaggerating facts in a pathetic attempt to prove your point.  Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.  You went from mildly entertaining to desperate.

Your own signature says that your goal is to do femurs smart guy. And it's no secret that the best doctors cost well over 50k. Add to that lost income from not working and you see where I get those numbers.

And have you heard of a margin loan? Borrowing to invest is common. Put down 75k of your own money, borrow another 75 from the bank and you have 150k working for you. Nothing I've said is inaccurate.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »

Get taller through LL, which is impossible to do any other way, or borrow money to gamble with in the stock market to get something I can get many other ways.  Tough choice, but I'll go with LL.

G-Man

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:57 PM »

Your own signature says that your goal is to do femurs smart guy. And it's no secret that the best doctors cost well over 50k. Add to that lost income from not working and you see where I get those numbers.

And have you heard of a margin loan? Borrowing to invest is common. Put down 75k of your own money, borrow another 75 from the bank and you have 150k working for you. Nothing I've said is inaccurate.

Ya, ideally I would go to Guichet but could also go to Catagni for 30k if I choose so.  For me, LL wouldn't be time wasted in a hospital but rather a positive experience in a foreign country that I plan to fully embrace.  What can I say, I have a good attitude unlike some that ooze negativity.

Margin loan, borrowing 75k to double your money?  Pretty archaic, have you heard of margin account where you can open a position of 100k on a cfd with 5000$?

Thatdude950

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2015, 03:07:54 AM »

Yeah, I do ooze negativity re: LL. I think breaking your legs and spending tends of thousands + for the pleasure is absolutely crazy. A reasonable person should be extremely skeptical and negative. If you wanna talk about women, money, travel ... i.e good stuff, I am very positive :D

I haven't heard of that specifically, but I know that you can borrow a lot with a little if you just want to gamble and potentially lose everything/owe even more from a small fluctuation in price. The amount I'm talking about allows for a conservative LVR which would ride out a market correction, and hopefully a crash. 

G-Man

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2015, 04:22:55 AM »

I haven't heard of that specifically, but I know that you can borrow a lot with a little if you just want to gamble and potentially lose everything/owe even more from a small fluctuation in price. The amount I'm talking about allows for a conservative LVR which would ride out a market correction, and hopefully a crash.

Oh I see.  You haven't heard of that specifically so you have no idea what you are talking about but yet you are suddenly an expert saying that it's a gamble that "you could possibly lose everything/owe even more with a small fluctuation in price"??  And of course, your method is better and would ride out a market correction just like magic!

Actually playing with cfd are safer and more stable since this market is open 24h so if something happens overnite your stop loss will actually work and protect your positions.  As per the stock market, if there is a market correction or a crash overnite there is nothing you can do since when it opens at 9h30, it will be already well below your stop sale so you are screwed, there lies the real danger but hey! what do I know since you're the expert!

You should stop suggesting people to borrow money for the market.  You NEVER do that unless you really know what you are doing and you have a positive track record either real or on a sim platform.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2015, 06:50:54 PM »

It's all about perspective. When this is comin from someone that is 5'4 then Yeah I consider myself extremely grateful, however when guys taller than me call me short then I also wish I were taller.

I was thinking about this and you are right. We could only advise you but reality is you need to do what makes you happy. Dont worry about age Im currently 30 and Im doing my surgery in 2 years? Simply because I dont want to do externals. You just need to save your money.

Take my advise your life starts when you are in your 30s. This is when things are more solid. And more important. You will definitely look better at 5' 10-5' 11". Just save your money you are worth every penny.

PS this post got off topic
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up