Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: When is LL worth it?  (Read 17166 times)

helloworld

Re: When is LL worth it?
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »

1) No

Have you tried?
Most people do feel more confident when they are tall compared to others.
So I feel less comfortable in the Netherlands, where most people look down on me, than in Mexico, where most people look up to me.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

biggerdreams

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »

People will always look at your overall height first and most people will never take a second to look at proportions. Women, especially, are not keen to look at torso length unless it is freakishly abnormal.

Even as attentive as I am to height, I'm rarely looking at torso length.

James24

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »

You quoted Zac Efron in an earlier post.

Yes, he can get girls. But hes not only handsome, hesa multi millionaire who went hollywood.

I don't see people commenting on how they love him for his fame or money

Every girl is freaking out over his looks

Some admit he's short and state that , and i quote, "He makes up for it with his muscles".
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

Ryda

• Visitor
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2017, 10:54:04 PM »

At 5.8 most people look relatively short unless they have very long (for their height legs).
I look better than the average 5.8-5.9 man only because I did LL.
Yves on the opposite seems on the shorter side because his legs are short compared to his torso but that makes him a very good LL candidate and he will look much better after LL.

And yes, the other men in the pic are the same height or shorter so the comparison has no meaning.
If I was in a picture with 5.6-5.7 guys I would look much better but still compared with completely average men or taller I'd look short.
So we talk about each person individually here and Yves asked for our honest opinion.
It is stupid to say, from this pic at least, that he is completely ok and that his height is not a problem because it clearly is and LL would help a lot to make his body look much better.
Well said Body Builder👏
Its worth the wait😊

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2017, 11:10:59 PM »

At 5.8 most people look relatively short unless they have very long (for their height legs).
I look better than the average 5.8-5.9 man only because I did LL.
Yves on the opposite seems on the shorter side because his legs are short compared to his torso but that makes him a very good LL candidate and he will look much better after LL.

And yes, the other men in the pic are the same height or shorter so the comparison has no meaning.
If I was in a picture with 5.6-5.7 guys I would look much better but still compared with completely average men or taller I'd look short.
So we talk about each person individually here and Yves asked for our honest opinion.
It is stupid to say, from this pic at least, that he is completely ok and that his height is not a problem because it clearly is and LL would help a lot to make his body look much better.

His height is shorter than average but not by a lot so there is no problem with his height unless he feels bad about it. You can say that LL can make his body look better but if he's somewhat alright with his body he definitely SHOULD NOT do this surgery as it will hinder his athletic abilities for life.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Body Builder

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2017, 12:19:40 AM »

His height is shorter than average but not by a lot so there is no problem with his height unless he feels bad about it. You can say that LL can make his body look better but if he's somewhat alright with his body he definitely SHOULD NOT do this surgery as it will hinder his athletic abilities for life.
Whether he feels bad with his height or not, his body looks and IS shorter than average and this is obvious from the photo.
And I don't oblige anyone to do LL but if someone wants my opinion about if LL will benefit him, I say my honest opinion.
Yves will be much benefited from LL, another scrawny 5.10 guy who wanted our opiniom in another topic I wrote to him that his height is not a problem, he only needs to bulk.
I always write what I believe and I really think that Yves body looks on the short side but with LL he will look much better as he has short legs, so for sure it will benefit him.
Whether he wants to do LL or not is his decision and only, but if he was alright with his body I don't think he would asked for opinions in a LL forum.
So for sure he is not ok with his body as almost all of us who are here.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2017, 04:05:43 AM »

Whether he feels bad with his height or not, his body looks and IS shorter than average and this is obvious from the photo.
And I don't oblige anyone to do LL but if someone wants my opinion about if LL will benefit him, I say my honest opinion.
Yves will be much benefited from LL, another scrawny 5.10 guy who wanted our opiniom in another topic I wrote to him that his height is not a problem, he only needs to bulk.
I always write what I believe and I really think that Yves body looks on the short side but with LL he will look much better as he has short legs, so for sure it will benefit him.
Whether he wants to do LL or not is his decision and only, but if he was alright with his body I don't think he would asked for opinions in a LL forum.
So for sure he is not ok with his body as almost all of us who are here.

What I mean is that people might get unrealistic expectations. You cannot say LL will "much benefit" because it may cause permanent problems and reduce athletism in exchange for physical appearance. A scrawny 5'10 guy needs to bulk for what? If he is considering LL because he thinks it will make him alpha, he needs a psychiatrist, not a gym. So a lot of people are unhappy with their height I know I would even if I were 5'8 - 5'10, but would I submit myself to a dangerous surgery or recommend it to someone as a great idea that will MUCH help? Of course not.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

biggerdreams

« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2017, 07:10:14 AM »

What I mean is that people might get unrealistic expectations. You cannot say LL will "much benefit" because it may cause permanent problems and reduce athletism in exchange for physical appearance. A scrawny 5'10 guy needs to bulk for what? If he is considering LL because he thinks it will make him alpha, he needs a psychiatrist, not a gym. So a lot of people are unhappy with their height I know I would even if I were 5'8 - 5'10, but would I submit myself to a dangerous surgery or recommend it to someone as a great idea that will MUCH help? Of course not.

I agree, we need to be more careful about the way we give advice. We might be here to cheer them on for all the right reasons but (God forbid) if they end up cripple, our encouraging words won't be able to make it better. Everyone should be warned that these opinions are only that; just opinions.

James24

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2017, 08:20:04 AM »

I agree, we need to be more careful about the way we give advice. We might be here to cheer them on for all the right reasons but (God forbid) if they end up cripple, our encouraging words won't be able to make it better. Everyone should be warned that these opinions are only that; just opinions.

couldn't have said it better myself :)
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

yyes

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2017, 01:12:20 AM »

I'll be doing 5.2 cm with Dr Pili. I'll be doing externals since I don't want permanent knee pain

biggerdreams

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2017, 07:17:41 AM »

I'll be doing 5.2 cm with Dr Pili. I'll be doing externals since I don't want permanent knee pain

Have you decided when?

Bry

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »

I'm 5'5.5 and want to become 5'8, even if I already have long legs, around 48% of body height.

I also want to do it for at max 15k dollars in south america. :)

yyes

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2017, 06:41:03 PM »

Have you decided when?

I'm thinking next year. The only issue is that if I do externals with Pili I will be out 6 months before walking normal again. That's time missed from work that I'm not even sure they would give me.

But I'm thinking of starting my own copy writing business and eventually pull 5 figures per month. That's ideal situation since I can do copywriting from home. That's the plan but then again nothing ever goes according to plan :/

onemorefoot

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »

After Unicorns case I am scared of internal nails, I might go for the external way, Will you be staying in Milan during the entire time or just for the lengthening?
Budget will determine my future.

yyes

« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »

After Unicorns case I am scared of internal nails, I might go for the external way, Will you be staying in Milan during the entire time or just for the lengthening?

I would be staying just for the lengthening phase.

However, does anyone here have more info on the pros and cons of externals?

And is 6 months to walk normal again without crutches too optimistic?

biggerdreams

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2017, 12:35:46 AM »

I would be staying just for the lengthening phase.

However, does anyone here have more info on the pros and cons of externals?

And is 6 months to walk normal again without crutches too optimistic?

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=95.0

Datum

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2017, 01:30:39 AM »

Both are bad. Problems with internals are :o. With externals too. But they are cheaper.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Bander72

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2017, 01:53:13 AM »

Her case is a very complicated one with neglect from guichet and factors working against her being female and asian. Not to mention the tourture device that is the guichet nail compare to precise so you cant really compare them as the same. I sure as hell would rather do precise from paley rozburch or parihar, catgni than ever doing externals but they are cheaper so it will be easier for me to get the funds to do the surgery.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »

Her case is a very complicated one with neglect from guichet and factors working against her being female and asian. Not to mention the tourture device that is the guichet nail compare to precise so you cant really compare them as the same. I sure as hell would rather do precise from paley rozburch or parihar, catgni than ever doing externals but they are cheaper so it will be easier for me to get the funds to do the surgery.
Yes, but we cant forget that Internal nails are riskier than externals, If I ever con for the Internal way I Will do one leg per time, do you think It would minimize the risk of fracture?

Bander72

« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »

Yes, but we cant forget that Internal nails are riskier than externals, If I ever con for the Internal way I Will do one leg per time, do you think It would minimize the risk of fracture?

I think the cons of doing one leg at a time outweight any benefit. With a compotent doctor internal will not pose the same amount risk that you are mentioning. There is a reason it is expensive besides the cost of nail it usualy is a smoother experience than external.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

biggerdreams

« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:44 PM »

Most doctors recommend internal because of faster and smoother recovery. I wonder how much of it is sound information vs hidden agenda.

Body Builder

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

The only risk that mininizes is thrombosis and nothing more.
But having double surgeries with double anaesthesia and double the time needed to walk normally again at your new height is more than enough for me to never consider doing one leg at a time.
And yes, externals is less risky as a surgery but still the time needed with bulk frames are enough to prefer internals if you have enough money.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »

The only risk that mininizes is thrombosis and nothing more.
But having double surgeries with double anaesthesia and double the time needed to walk normally again at your new height is more than enough for me to never consider doing one leg at a time.
And yes, externals is less risky as a surgery but still the time needed with bulk frames are enough to prefer internals if you have enough money.

There are advantages for sure. It reduces immobility and risk of thrombosis/fat embolism. It is more tolerable to lengthen one leg (less stiffness, better sleep). With the non weight bearing nails, there is a time you have to be on a wheelchair with all the social problems it comes with. With unilateral lengthening you are functional faster, you do not require help, and walk with crutches very soon. This is important for people who work in office jobs or at home. This is the only condition in which I would do unilateral.

However, I think double surgery is double trouble and it takes more time to achieve your goals. Ultimately, you make your decisions considering your personal possibilities.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »

In my case I am scared of bilateral internal lengthening, becuase is easy that nails can get bent( no iatrogenic fracture or complete fracture) although if you are very, very careful It wont happen, with one leg, screws can fail, but fractures are less common, about the anesthesia, hmmm, dont know, very controversial topic.

realpatient

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »

Musicmaker had the fracture when she had done one leg
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

onemorefoot

« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2017, 12:21:40 AM »

Musicmaker had the fracture when she had done one leg
Even if you dont put weight, there is a risk, dont understand.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2017, 02:54:36 AM »

I think for both Musicmaker and Unicorn, the fractures were from nail insertion. The bone is not perfectly straight, it has a small curve which can be bigger in Asian, vitamin D deficiency, etc. In comparison, the nail is straight and during the insertion in patients which frail bones there can be a small "crack". Without proper immobilisation, this crack unstable and simply slides causing a fracture especially after weight bearing.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2017, 02:58:17 AM »

In my case I am scared of bilateral internal lengthening, becuase is easy that nails can get bent( no iatrogenic fracture or complete fracture) although if you are very, very careful It wont happen, with one leg, screws can fail, but fractures are less common, about the anesthesia, hmmm, dont know, very controversial topic.

Yes, another example as to why I preferred a weight bearing nail, and would definitely consider unilateral. Imagine you have a non union with bilateral non weight bearing internal nails, you are basically wheelchair-bound for a long time.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

alps

« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2017, 03:18:18 AM »

The biggest problem with unilateral is matching equal lengths on both legs. What if you do 7cm on one leg because it was easy and get serious nerve pain at 4cm on the other leg?

onemorefoot

« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2017, 05:03:41 AM »

The biggest problem with unilateral is matching equal lengths on both legs. What if you do 7cm on one leg because it was easy and get serious nerve pain at 4cm on the other leg?
I would lengthen maximum 6 cm in femurs, 7 becuase bone is curved And angle q is a bitch, I am thinking that insertion from the knee May not cause that crack, but knee can be injured. Almost nobody have nerve damage after 4 cm, that happens when you are a pure genius And want 100 cm in one stage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up