Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal  (Read 293892 times)

greatheight

• Newbi
Re: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »

Hi forum.
I had my other surgery with doctor Monegal, my right leg, the 11 on july. I was in clinica diagonal, with cooper, musicmaker, and other guy from spain too. Now i have lengthen 2cm more or less. I can walk with cructches in my home. The worst are the firsts two weeks, when i had more pain. The third week is better, and before this, the procedure is much more easy.
My goal is 6cm, and i hope finish in the second week of september.
congrats bro. it seems others have been less lucky
keep well

paco1

« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »

I started with this surgery the 18 on february, i would like to finish in september.

concernedmom

« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »

I started with this surgery the 18 on february, i would like to finish in september.
Paco.How is you other leg? Fully functional?

paco1

« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »

Yes, my other leg is very well. Now i'm walking with crutches and i'm weight bearing with my left leg, the leg which it was operates firts.
I walk a lot in the corridor during the day with crutches.

concernedmom

« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »

Yes, my other leg is very well. Now i'm walking with crutches and i'm weight bearing with my left leg, the leg which it was operates firts.
I walk a lot in the corridor during the day with crutches.
I am very happy for you.

paco1

« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »

Thank you. I'M doing 6cm in my tibias.

concernedmom

« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »

Thank you. I'M doing 6cm in my tibias.
Tibias are harder to recover from. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Taller

« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:20 PM »

How did you deal with the leg length discrepancy before operating your second leg?

paco1

« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:23 PM »

In my first leg i lengthened 5,7 cm and in this leg i will lengthen 6.

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2015, 11:12:38 PM »

Hi can you confirm what height you were prior to any lengthening surgery and what height you hope to be when all is fully complete?

Will you be lengthening in the femur on each leg also?

Would you say it is possible to be able to work during the lengthening process? I don't yet have the funds and work commitmentst may mean it is a few years before I can do it, but it is something I hope to do and im quite impressed reading of Dr Monegal.

Thanks, and well done on your lengthening to date  :)

paco1

« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »

My height was 1,63 and after the surgery it is 1,69.
I'm doing only my tibias. If you work in office or something like that you can work in three weeks or one month, i think.

paco1

« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »

This week on friday i will arrive to 5cm. And then another 10 days and i will arrive to 6cm and i will finish with this adventure, which it started on 18 in february. The worst in process it has been, the boredom and the lonely. But this surgery be worth the effort whithout doubt.

ouroboros

« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

@paco1   Hey paco, how are you doing?  I figured you are finished lengthening the second leg.   How is it consolidating?  Which leg gave you a harder time?   Any ballerina?  Sorry for so many questions..... thanks for writing about your experience   

paco1

« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

Hi ouroborus.
I finished my second leg lengthening, this past friday. Now i started to walk with one crutch since this sunday, only two days after finish my second lengthening because this is my right leg and in this leg i have more strenght. perhaps in one month i can walk without any cructh. I started my lengthening on 18 in february, finished my firts lenthening in two months and one week. i did my second lengthenig, the rigth leg, on 11 in july, and i finished this lengthening this past friday. I think in 8 months i can finish this process, and walk without crutch. I lengthened 6cm.

Taller

« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »

Would you be comfortable posting a picture of your proportions post-lengthening? I am also interested in lengthening 5 or 6 CM on the tibiae.

paco1

« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

My proportions are very, very well.

concernedmom

« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Paco!
Question? Actually several. Was the pain bearable if you were doing only one leg. How the physical therapy if you were doing one leg at a time? Also, Can you walk already with the leg that was operated first?

concernedmom

« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2015, 09:27:44 PM »

Yes. It is awesome to see encouraging results. Every body is different though.

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #297 on: September 25, 2015, 12:55:57 PM »

I am happy that a doctor of great excellence is available at such a reasonable price.Just wanna thank this doctor right here.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

concernedmom

« Reply #298 on: September 25, 2015, 05:29:16 PM »

Being a great human being comes first. You cannot find very compassionate doctors that are willing to answer your questions without charging money for the consulatation :)

Taller

« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »

How much does it cost to meet with Dr. Monegal for a consultation, where we determine  tibia/femur ratio and which segment would be best to lengthen?

paco1

« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:51 PM »

90 euros, i think. More or less.

Taller

« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »

90 euros, i think. More or less.

Wow, that's not bad! Does that include an X-ray?

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »

Dear all

The rate set by the Clinic for a first consultation is 120€. This fee will be discounted from surgery amount If patient finally decides to have surgery here in Barcelona.
Price does not include the x rays. In case the patients bring their own x rays and They are good for planning We can use them. Otherwise We can do It at the clinic or at University Hospital which is much cheaper. Price for a standing telemetry at hospital is 60€.

Kind regards
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

ouroboros

« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:03 AM »

thank you Dr. Monegal for clarifying these inquiries.  I was about to ask these exact same questions about the expenses.
Gathering accurate information of all aspects of this surgery is important to all of us that are considering LL

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »

Some months ago ForcedPuberty was tough on Dr Monegal because there were things he didn't like:

1) he didn't like Dr Monegal's two-stage procedure
2) he thought doing tibia and femur of the same leg at the same time didn't make sense.

Curiously enough, this doctor does bilateral femurs now, even if he said it was very dangerous, and opts for crosslateral approach when doing four segments. Forcedpuberty was right at the end.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Makeitorbreak

• Visitor
« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »

Hi guys,new here,is Dr Alex's email address still the same? What's the best way to contact him? He hasn't replied to my email..

Ozymandias

« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »

Curiously enough, this doctor does bilateral femurs now, even if he said it was very dangerous, and opts for crosslateral approach when doing four segments. Forcedpuberty was right at the end.

Monegal always recommends 2-stage procedures. Always. I had a consultation with him (and I know some people who also had consultations) and he is very clear on that. For patients overseas, however, he understand that going 2-stage is too tiring/expensive, so he accepts going 1-stage.

I never asked him about doing four segments, but I guess that with crosslateral (1 tibia + 1 femur) the risk of fat embolism is low when compared to 2 femurs.

Hi guys,new here,is Dr Alex's email address still the same? What's the best way to contact him? He hasn't replied to my email..

Yep, it's the same. We are on a public holiday today in Spain, so maybe he is having some rest days.

Makeitorbreak

• Visitor
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »

Thanks for the information!

aspirant185

« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2015, 11:19:27 AM »

Since I have no diary, I am using this thread to show publicly my support to Dr Monegal after the last events. I have no words to express my gratitude towards him.  :-* :-* :-* If you choose him, you will be in good hands. I promise.

What are the past events ? Something happened with him ?

I am also looking for his e-mail. Can somebody post it here or send it to me via pM ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2015, 01:34:27 AM »

You should read the thread Doctors or salesmen: cases of dishonesty in LL

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2954.msg46124;topicseen#msg46124

Dr Monegal doesn’t tell the truth about his patients. He uses to prepare a tour for his prospective patients, like a salesman does. He shows them the clinic and the guesthouse but he only shows what he wants them to know.

In October some prospective patients visited Dr Monegal’s center and met some actual patients. I have visited the center. Glenn described this tour in his diary. Everything seemed fine but the doctor didn’t tell all the truth to his future patients. He introduced these people to all his current patients but one girl who was also at the guesthouse and who has had very serious complications (Musicmaker??). This is for me a case of dishonesty. I learnt about this after my trip.

I can understand that this is a difficult surgery and sometimes things go wrong, but doctor said none of his patients had had complications which wasn’t true.

After the trip, I made some research. I asked some people (patients and people from the forum) and got to know that it’s not only this girl who had problems, but other people. It seems there is one American guy whose implant failed. Dr told him that he had to be exfixed and he had to pay around 7000 eur. Finally the company sent a free implant for him but it failed too and he had to go to OR again. It isn’t about money but about all the trauma and suffering for that guy. It seems he hasn’t been compensated.

I don’t have more evidence of this than what I have been told.  Perhaps patients and doctor himself can explain but I think people should know about this. I feel deceived by the doctor. Dr Monegal should have acted like honest doctors do and say, ‘Look, guys, I try my best, but sometimes complications occur and these are the complications I have had’. But he lied. He said all his surgeries were fantastic and it seems there were at least two people with major complications and other people with other problems like misalignments, screws getting loose and nerve problems which required additional surgeries and consultations with other surgeons.

There are many LL doctors like that. They are businessmen instead of doctors. It seems LL corrupts doctors.

I’m annoyed by some of your accusations. I’m a respectful user using his freedom of speech. I’ve merely posted my personal opinion and asked the doctor and his patients to clarify some aspects I wasn’t sure about. You can’t take legal action against me because basically I’m telling the truth. When I wasn’t sure about details, I asked you to clarify. I haven’t committed any offense.
That day in October you told your future patients that you didn’t have any bad cases and when you visited the guesthouse with them you hid the girl from the prospective patients because she was having very serious complications. None of you have denied that fact. This is NOT a honest approach. A good doctor should have recognized that he has bad cases and show how he solves problems. Guichet shows his statistics to all his prospective patients; you tell all your future patients only positive things as salesmen do. I want people to know that you aren’t telling the whole truth when they visit you because such an important surgical decision must be taken only when having all the data in mind.
After my trip, I talked to some people and I learned about that girl (Musicmaker in the forum) and more patients with complications like problems with screws, nerve damage, malfunction of implants... Some people said that you used to answer all their emails thoroughly but later became carelessness (forgetting prescription of heparine shots). I’m sorry but people are in their right to know that you aren’t playing fair. It isn’t defamation. It’s just freedom of speech.
You can ask your patients to defend you, but nobody will take them seriously because they are still under your supervision and will be until you remove their nails in 2 years. Besides, if you pushed them to lie, you would be committing a crime, abuse of power.
And your patients, we can’t blame your patients if they are too scared to speak publicly. We have all witnessed your tantrums.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Up