Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the best way to eradicate unfair treatments from height?  (Read 532 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
What is the best way to eradicate unfair treatments from height?
« on: December 16, 2021, 01:41:31 PM »

The most radical way is, as we all know, to do surgeries or genetic editing/reopening growth plates in the future.
The most gentle way is to wait for the whole society to be more informed that height discirminations are killing short people and people must learn how to treat them fairly, and it has been proven just a daydream.
But surgery is not flawless, not only when it comes to its risks, but also if when surgery/genetic editing/reopening plates becomes a commonplace in the future(near or far), tall people can also get entitled to increase their heights if they are still not satisfied with what they have got, thus we short people are still shorter than them. So what's the point?

ilovescience

Re: What is the best way to eradicate unfair treatments from height?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »

The most radical way is, as we all know, to do surgeries or genetic editing/reopening growth plates in the future.
The most gentle way is to wait for the whole society to be more informed that height discirminations are killing short people and people must learn how to treat them fairly, and it has been proven just a daydream.
But surgery is not flawless, not only when it comes to its risks, but also if when surgery/genetic editing/reopening plates becomes a commonplace in the future(near or far), tall people can also get entitled to increase their heights if they are still not satisfied with what they have got, thus we short people are still shorter than them. So what's the point?

About the genetic editing or reopening growth plate, do you think some people are already researching into them? They won't become affordable for everyone once they are available?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 03:51:45 PM »

By the time the genetic thing and the growplates thing will come to reality, we will be old and height will not be a factor for us anymore .
Even if , the same concept applies to us : we could get even taller at the point !
It will always come to a cost and it will take very long for this to be painless or very very very safe without side or long term effects .
I don't see why this is even a concern for you in 2021 .

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 04:50:25 PM »

By the time the genetic thing and the growplates thing will come to reality, we will be old and height will not be a factor for us anymore .
Even if , the same concept applies to us : we could get even taller at the point !
It will always come to a cost and it will take very long for this to be painless or very very very safe without side or long term effects .

I think when it comes to reality, it may take two decades for that to happen. By the time most of us are probably in our 60s to 90s. Dating at older or senior age, height won't be a factor anymore? I know wisdom is important when it comes to old people dating. Height not important?

Exxon

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 10:07:58 PM »

I think when it comes to reality, it may take two decades for that to happen. By the time most of us are probably in our 60s to 90s. Dating at older or senior age, height won't be a factor anymore? I know wisdom is important when it comes to old people dating. Height not important?

Hopefully not, one can only hope this technology comes out in the 30s-40s.

Blas_Jochen

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »

About the genetic editing or reopening growth plate, do you think some people are already researching into them? They won't become affordable for everyone once they are available?
The Chinese are researching it. In contrast to our woke fkers in the West they don't have such concerns...  ;D

Highest

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 11:37:38 PM »

I don't think many people understand how long it takes for these treatments to come to fruition. I remember hearing about studies showing humans will be able to regrow teeth soon. That was over 15 years ago and still hasn't happened! You're right when you said we'll all be old by the time genetic editing etc comes into existence which is far more complex than growing teeth.

OP get the surgery and move on.

173to187USTORUSSIA

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 02:32:42 AM »

I don't think many people understand how long it takes for these treatments to come to fruition. I remember hearing about studies showing humans will be able to regrow teeth soon. That was over 15 years ago and still hasn't happened! You're right when you said we'll all be old by the time genetic editing etc comes into existence which is far more complex than growing teeth.

OP get the surgery and move on.

Just like foreskin restoration. They've been talking about Foregen, a stemcell based treatment for TWO DECADES now. In that time men could have restored their whole foreskin using devices, air and manual techniques!

Like you said, get the surgery and move on.

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »

The Chinese are researching it. In contrast to our woke fkers in the West they don't have such concerns...  ;D

If the top scientists from everywhere collaborate with each other on working to find a way to reopen growth plate so people can still grow, it may soon become a reality thanks to our better understanding of anatomy.

Sorcerer

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 02:06:49 PM »

There is a hearsay that at the end of last century, America has invented genetic editing but in the end they discovered that some parents were not hoping their children to become handsomer, taller, more clever, and etc. but wanting to give lessons to them that short, deaf, stupid, ugly people are suffering from discriminations and they were thinking that their children must learn this lesson. So at last America prohibited this kind of genetic surgeries, didn't it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 02:35:03 PM »

There is a hearsay that at the end of last century, America has invented genetic editing but in the end they discovered that some parents were not hoping their children to become handsomer, taller, more clever, and etc. but wanting to give lessons to them that short, deaf, stupid, ugly people are suffering from discriminations and they were thinking that their children must learn this lesson. So at last America prohibited this kind of genetic surgeries, didn't it?

Sounds like Wu Miao talk.

The technology is in its infancy and isn't commercially available.  Even if it were mature and available, there would be a lot of ethical and religious debate before it would be considered for legalization.

Sorcerer

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »

Sounds like Wu Miao talk.

The technology is in its infancy and isn't commercially available.  Even if it were mature and available, there would be a lot of ethical and religious debate before it would be considered for legalization.
What is 'Wu Miao'? I think you mean 'Wu Mao'?
And there is also a hearsay that a top secret plan named 'tittytainment' was discussed in April, 1995 by President Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Bill Gates and other famous people in San Francisco, that they wanna create an environment where poor people would be being entertained by Internet to eradicate potiential resentments induced from the poverty gap like Pareto principle, and as the result, poor people would be only overwhelmed in entertainments online like Tiktok, Douyin, Reddit, Facebook and etc. so that they would forget they were living in an unfair social environment and rich people could rejoice over their possessions with ease, quoted from <Die Globalisierungsfalle: Der Angriff auf Demokratie und Wohlstand>.
Although I haven't read this book, I think it was another piece of lie told by Wu Mao.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »

You can't, really. Natural hierarchies are biologically ingrained; eliminating them would require an in-depth genetic understanding of why humans (and animals) have them and a total genetic makeover of humanity. In short, it's not happening--nor is it clear we'd want such a thing to happen.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 07:46:49 PM »

What is 'Wu Miao'? I think you mean 'Wu Mao'?
And there is also a hearsay that a top secret plan named 'tittytainment' was discussed in April, 1995 by President Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Bill Gates and other famous people in San Francisco, that they wanna create an environment where poor people would be being entertained by Internet to eradicate potiential resentments induced from the poverty gap like Pareto principle, and as the result, poor people would be only overwhelmed in entertainments online like Tiktok, Douyin, Reddit, Facebook and etc. so that they would forget they were living in an unfair social environment and rich people could rejoice over their possessions with ease, quoted from <Die Globalisierungsfalle: Der Angriff auf Demokratie und Wohlstand>.
Although I haven't read this book, I think it was another piece of lie told by Wu Mao.

Yeah, Wu Mao.  Been a while since I've spoken Chinese.

They don't need to plan anything like that.  It's going to happen regardless.  The metaverse will be the new opiate of the masses once automation takes everyone's jobs.

Sorcerer

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 08:09:44 PM »

You can't, really. Natural hierarchies are biologically ingrained; eliminating them would require an in-depth genetic understanding of why humans (and animals) have them and a total genetic makeover of humanity. In short, it's not happening--nor is it clear we'd want such a thing to happen.
Dammit Darwin put it too right by Natural Selection and height is a role in natural eliminating LOL. So I did learn something from what you said and I think plastic surgeries or LL are just bridging the gap but the gap will never disappear once you are a human. On the other hand, resources are limited but population has no ceiling unless human ceases to reproduce, what some countries are carrying out in reality. So it's necessary for God to design a biologic mechanism where some of inferior human are being eliminated to guarantee resources are never gonna be run out by excessive population.

Sorcerer

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 08:13:46 PM »

Yeah, Wu Mao.  Been a while since I've spoken Chinese.

They don't need to plan anything like that.  It's going to happen regardless.  The metaverse will be the new opiate of the masses once automation takes everyone's jobs.
I was also thinking that this is another bs told by Wu Mao or some paranoia patients into Conspiracy Theory and you know China is ingraining ideologies that are not giving Western countries and Japan good looks into Chineses so everytime I see someone exclaiming America/Japan is conspiring a secret strategy that can mitigate Chineses' physical and mental health like opiates imported from Britain that year, I will laugh him/her off and divert myself into what I am really interested in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up