Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height neurosis cure  (Read 1080 times)

bobbybr21

• Visitor
Height neurosis cure
« on: June 24, 2021, 01:33:36 PM »

Can height neurosis gone by itself ? Or it will remain whole your life ?
Maybe someone used to it and can give some advice.
I hate this feeling to pay attention on people height , especially women’s .
And ironically I like a tall women’s .So this   drive me crazy like a hell.
Thing that ll is only cure ,but I want to be wrong.

Jokerhastowait2022

Re: Height neurosis cure
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 02:14:56 PM »

If it has been affecting you for a long time and occupies your mind severely, then I'm sorry pal CLL is the only answer to truly cure it once and for all.
even if you manage to be successful at other aspects of your life, there will be a sense of deficiency originating from height insecurity.

bobbybr21

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 03:34:48 PM »

sad, but you r are fcng right. Think if i will decide to not do ll it will remain with me whole life.
Only thing that stops me from LL now, is that i am afraid of complications.
And this hard fight, inside my head, leave it as is, or take a risk and a chance to get rid once and for all.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 02:46:17 AM »

Heigh neurosis/ dysphoria is one thing. Heightism is another.
If you are average height you can definitely treat/cure height neurosis.
But if you're are below the 5% percentile of height for a male your problem is not height neurosis but heightism.
And the only cure if LL, as you cannot change something that is genetically ingrained in all the other people around you.

Dark

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 07:29:00 PM »

Out of the 30ish CLL patients I've spoken to, probably half had some sort of mental issue related to their height prior to the surgery.
Yet not a single one still had height neurosis after the surgery, regardless of how much their starting height was or how much they've lengthened.

fun fact: this surgery is especially popular with Turkish Germans who felt inferior in terms of height to their taller German counterparts.

Sambollio

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 07:57:34 PM »

I think the problem with curing height neurosis through something like therapy is that it is based in reality. If you are a short male you will constantly be reminded of that and made to feel less than. Height affects so much in a mans life from pay to respect to dating. There is a very large literature on the effects on psychology, pay etc. With something like dysphoria around being fat when you are actually thin, therapy can cure it because it’s a delusion, it’s not based in reality where as height neurosis is based in reality. Therapy may help to some extent, but I highly doubt it can be truly cured for a male that either is short or simply not tall. P.s I’m a psych major if that means anything.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 09:27:05 PM »

It probably has to do with relative height tbh

Like your whole life you lived at X height. Now all of a sudden you are X + 2 height so you feel better. You may still not be tall or your ideal height, but relative to before you're better off so that's why it cures your height neurosis

Sorcerer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 11:41:21 PM »

I think literal encouragements not adapt to any LLer cuz whether relative quotes or shrinks,they have indulged stloads of time on them but still no work eventually.That's why u and me need LL to save our lives.
I think for me if it weren't for LL I could've committed suicide cuz even there is one surgery called LL I've been suicidal all along the way.So I daren't accept the world without LL.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

Cure

1) Do LL

2) Move to a country with shorter people

3) Do both
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Sorcerer

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »

It seems to me that height neurosis can't fade away as time moves forwards unless I finish LL.

I think height neurosis depends on how severely short you are and if you are natal with under 5' male

embryo,I think it's only when you are having a good dream that you'll forgive pains from short.

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 02:47:22 AM »

If you figure out the answer to the cure mentally let me know... my height really doesn't affect me at all in anything I luckily still find friends and women to talk to.. the height thing is all in my head and everyone tells me that, but I just can't "cure" it...

ilovescience

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 03:27:18 AM »

If you figure out the answer to the cure mentally let me know... my height really doesn't affect me at all in anything I luckily still find friends and women to talk to.. the height thing is all in my head and everyone tells me that, but I just can't "cure" it...

You can make a lot of friends as a short person. It depends on personality and background. Right?

Growing

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 05:19:01 AM »

Cure

1) Do LL

2) Move to a country with shorter people

3) Do both

😂😂 funny but accurate
Pages: [1]   Go Up