Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The truth about height  (Read 1300 times)

wants2growtaller

The truth about height
« on: August 14, 2021, 04:38:24 AM »

1. There is no correlation between height and intelligence. Short people can be as smart if not more smarter than tall people. And vice versa.

2. Height has nothing to do with talent.

3. Height has no influence on character. Tall and short people can be criminals.

4. Height has nothing to do with health. However it is said that short people can live longer.

5. Height has nothing to do with athletic abilities. Michael Phelps over six feet tall is a decorated Olympian. Simone Biles 4 feet8 also a decorative Olympian.

6. Height has nothing to do with health . Anyone can get sick.

7. When it comes to beauty, Beauty is subjective. Tall height is considered beautiful but not everyone who is tall is attractive. And there has been some short people who were attractive like Ariana Grande.

Just because someone is tall it doesn't mean they are perfect or flawless. They could have another weakness that is invisible. And just because someone is short,, if being short is considered a flaw it doesn't mean that person doesn't have other great strengths.

uman beings have both strengths and weaknesses. We all do. We are not perfect. We know our weaknesses but we hide them out of fear of rejection.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:13:26 AM by wants2growtaller »
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

-

Re: The truth about height
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 06:07:46 AM »

1. There is no correlation between height and intelligence. Short people can be as smart if not more smarter than tall people. And vice versa.

3. Height has no influence on character. Tall and short people can be criminals.

4. Height has nothing to do with health. However it is said that short people can live longer.

5. Height has nothing to do with athletic abilities. Michael Phelps over six feet tall is a decorated Olympian. Simone Biles 4 feet8 also a decorative Olympian.

7. When it comes to beauty, Beauty is subjective. Tall height is considered beautiful but not everyone who is tall is attractive. And there has been some short people who were attractive like Ariana Grande.

Just because someone is tall it doesn't mean they are perfect or flawless. They could have another weakness that is invisible. And just because someone is short,, if being short is considered a flaw it doesn't mean that person doesn't have other great strengths.

uman beings have both strengths and weaknesses. We all do. We are not perfect. We know our weaknesses but we hide them out of fear of rejection.

Just shut up man.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 08:04:27 AM »

Its the truth.But sadly many will choose to be bigots.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 09:10:22 AM by wants2growtaller »
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Aquahoma2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »

The amount of logical fallacies for the sake of self-comforting is astonishing. Keep going, and who knows, it might be that one day your heightlessness becomes an invaluable part of your identity.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 10:06:42 AM »

Everything I stated is true. The only purpose that tall height serves is its considered attractive. But as far as character, talent, health, intelligence, athleticism height has nothing to do with that.

Its just human beings in general are shallow. And care more about appearance than anything else.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 10:13:21 AM »

Everything I said is true.  The only time height might matters is in dating. But everything else height isnt needed. Its just bullies. Bullies like to pick on people. Society in my opinion is the biggest bully.
Well, if you said it's true, than it is of course the truth.

However, like it or not, you behave like a bigot yourself with those speeches. I'm sorry, but the passion with which you speak makes them neither persuasive nor true (I hate this word already).

Height itself might not matter, - it's debatable, but let's suppose so. However, absense of it absolutely diminishes the quality of life in every way.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 10:17:47 AM »

It is true what I stated. But no way does it stop the prejudices against short people. Society is shallow, arrogant, and not very nice. That is the reality..But simply to say someone is inferior just on the premise ofheight is completely inaccurate.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 10:23:05 AM »

I am not a bigot. I dont treat people badly just because of their appearance or things that do not matter. I treat people the way they treat me, or how I would like to be treated. It is sad that society believes in these false concepts such as inferior or superior people.

The reality is. There isnt anyone on this earth who is inferior nor superior. Its a delusion in their mind to feel better about themselves by putting others down because of their insecurity. Everyone on this earth is imperfect. No matter how much we try, or think we are perfect or strive to be perfect it will NEVER happen.

Everyone on this earth has strengths and weaknesses. Everyone on this earth has something to offer. And everyone on this earth can learn from someone else. This is a true fact.  If more people had those type of thinking, society wouldnt have these ridiiculous prejudices such as heightism, or racism or any other isms.

We were never meant to be perfect. Because we arent. Why is it so hard for humanity to accept that?

Aquahoma2

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:51 AM »

It is true what I stated. But no way does it stop the prejudices against short people. Society is shallow, arrogant, and not very nice. That is the reality..But simply to say someone is inferior just on the premise ofheight is completely inaccurate.
What a bad society, huh? Of course, we should fight it, we should protest against prejudices, huh, ok. Gotcha.

But why all those struggles for the sake of great justice if you can simply. Change. Yourself. Surgically?

I will follow your points, to demonstrate what greater height can do.

2) You might be able to better represent your talent, be more appealing to an audience, and not be ashamed of yourself.

3) It might have influence on your character. There is no need to reach extremes, - generally, a short person suffering from BDD will be happier overall, and this can significantly influence their character.

4), 6) You're wrong. Let's play Darwinian, - greater height up till certain extent associates with better health and is overall more appealing. It's also speculative at best that short people live longer. Can't comment on sicknesses, since it's just too broad and vague topic to discuss.

5) Height has SOMEthing to do with athletic abilities. Simone Biles can't be a swimmer like Phelps even if she wishes very, very hard. Also, Phelps couldn't be, you know, Phelps, had he not his stature and proportions. (Vice versa, of course, Phelps can never be someone like Biles).

Different sports require different heights, and that's true. However, what can you say to a boy like me who couldn't compete with other boys in swimming after puberty anymore, I don't know. Advice to change sports, huh?)

7) Beauty is subjective, but not that subjective. Again, we play Darwinian here. Greater height up till certain extent associates with better health and is overall more appealing. Yes, you said that there are handsome short people and there are ugly tall people. But be they taller, short ones would be even prettier, and be they shorter, tall ones would be uglier. Sad, but true.

I missed the first 1) obviously, since mechanical change of height can't increase your intelligence, which is obvious. However, again, taller people are more likely to be smarter than their short buddies, since, again, it's all about genes and environment (the latter we consider to be equivalent for everyone, for the sake of argument). Sorry.

In closing, greater height provides you more opportunities. But of course, we should fight with prejudices instead.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 11:05:40 AM »

I am not a bigot. I dont treat people badly just because of their appearance or things that do not matter. I treat people the way they treat me, or how I would like to be treated. It is sad that society believes in these false concepts such as inferior or superior people.

The reality is. There isnt anyone on this earth who is inferior nor superior. Its a delusion in their mind to feel better about themselves by putting others down because of their insecurity. Everyone on this earth is imperfect. No matter how much we try, or think we are perfect or strive to be perfect it will NEVER happen.

Everyone on this earth has strengths and weaknesses. Everyone on this earth has something to offer. And everyone on this earth can learn from someone else. This is a true fact.  If more people had those type of thinking, society wouldnt have these ridiiculous prejudices such as heightism, or racism or any other isms.

We were never meant to be perfect. Because we arent. Why is it so hard for humanity to accept that?

It's not about being perfect. For some people, perhaps. But overall, it's not about perfection. It's about improving the quality of your life.

I - and assume everyone sane on this very website - don't need abc truths. Neither do we need a senseless struggle. All we need is the improvement of our lives.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 11:10:23 AM »

wants2growtaller

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »

1. There is no scientific evidence that tall people are smarter than short people. There are well known short people who are brilliant and have done a lot of great things. As well as tall people as we.. That is just bias that people think that taller people somehow  are more intelligence but again no sceintifical evidence to support this.If society didnt marginalize short people so much, especially short people of color, I am confident that is untapped intelligence in short people.

2. Again no scientific evidence that lack of talent or more talent has to do with short height.  Being short is not a crime. What exactly is there to be ashamed of? Yes being taller gives more opportunities but thats because of prejudice against short people. And discrimination. That has nothing to do with short people having talent or not having talent. Again you failed to prove your point.

3. Again you failed to provide any scientific research where it says that short height has to do with not being a good moral person.  It doesnt. it is true that sometimes behavior can be triggered by environment, negative influences, and neurological defects. But not  on height. short height has nothing to do with that. What you are talking about is heightism. Heightism is an outside occurence that can influence others react a certain way. But outside traumatic events can happen to tall people as well.

4. When I mean about when height has something to do with ahtletic. is there is a negative stigma where people think that just  because a person is short they can not do any sports at all. Which is not true. There are sports that short people can excel at and sports where tall people can excel at. And that has been proven in both Simone Biles and Michael Phelps.

5. Beauty standards is subjective and greatly influence by the society. An example is black beauty. Dark skin use to be stigmatized and considered as unattractive but now a days more and more people are seeing the beauty in dark skin. As well as the beauty in plus size people

You failed to disprove any of my point

And as far as Darwin theory. Thats just a theory.  human beings f ollowing concepts like natural selection, survival of the fittest , superiority  complex, inferiority vomplex has done a lot of damage. concepts such as inferior/superior is what a lot of bigots believe etc

I stand what i said before. And you failed to have any arguments of substance. Heightism is wrong. We should never treat anyone based on what we think that person deserves. But treat people the way we or they want to be treated. THAT IS HUMANE.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 11:46:02 AM »

1. There is no scientific evidence that tall people are smarter than short people. There are well known short people who are brilliant and have done a lot of great things. As well as tall people as we.. That is just bias that people think that taller people somehow  are more intelligence but again no sceintifical evidence to support this.If society didnt marginalize short people so much, especially short people of color, I am confident that is untapped intelligence in short people.

2. Again no scientific evidence that lack of talent or more talent has to do with short height.  Being short is not a crime. What exactly is there to be ashamed of? Yes being taller gives more opportunities but thats because of prejudice against short people. And discrimination. That has nothing to do with short people having talent or not having talent. Again you failed to prove your point.

3. Again you failed to provide any scientific research where it says that short height has to do with not being a good moral person.  It doesnt. it is true that sometimes behavior can be triggered by environment, negative influences, and neurological defects. But not  on height. short height has nothing to do with that. What you are talking about is heightism. Heightism is an outside occurence that can influence others react a certain way. But outside traumatic events can happen to tall people as well.

4. When I mean about when height has something to do with ahtletic. is there is a negative stigma where people think that just  because a person is short they can not do any sports at all. Which is not true. There are sports that short people can excel at and sports where tall people can excel at. And that has been proven in both Simone Biles and Michael Phelps.

5. Beauty standards is subjective and greatly influence by the society. An example is black beauty. Dark skin use to be stigmatized and considered as unattractive but now a days more and more people are seeing the beauty in dark skin. As well as the beauty in plus size people

You failed to disprove any of my point

1. There are numerous scientific results on this topic. See, for instance, (https://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-03-genetic-link-height-iq.html), or even wiki article. No doubt, it's a very difficult correlation to study, and the reasons for such might be more than just that. However, there is a positive statistical correlation between height and intelligence. As it is conjectured, the matter is in correlation between height and certain volumes of the brain. Again, this is a statistical study. What you say, well, that there exist brilliant short people, brilliant tall people, dumb shorts and dumb talls. I agree. Everyone does. However, it's about a statisical likelihood that a random short person you pick will be smarter than any other random tall person. Bets aren't on your side. Examples that you provide are either exceptions, or, better say, less probable outcomes.

None of this has something to do with LL surgery, of course.

2. I haven't said nothing about talent, but mere about certain situations when you can't deliver your talent. Imagine a very talented actor who cannot go on stage because, you know, short people look ridiculous on stage.

Being short is not a crime. It's inconvenience and discomfort.

What exactly is the to be ashamed of? Of your appearance. Of inability to stand on par with 95%+ male people on street. Of being paid less than a normal guy just for the same amount for work. Of inability to date someone or even anyone. Etc. There can be many reasons why an extremely short guy can be ashamed of his shortness. You might say that's not his fault. I don't care, frankly speaking. Since it's not about fault and guilt and is about quality of life, it's the major obstacle you have to remove.

3. Frankly speaking, I don't care for goodness or evilness, or for morality itself. What I said is that your character and mood can significantly improve after LL. Depression can be gone. You can be more kind, just you used to be. Etc. Or can be not.

4. Never heard of such a stigma. What is true, though, that short people can do less amount of sports. I can imagine of only gymnastics and horse riding (being a jockey). Can't really think of anything else.

5. Again, it's a difficult genetical and cultural mutual dependence to judge beauty standards, and it's correct that beauty standards change. I'm aware of no culture, though, where male shortness is considered good and handsome and tallness is not. At best, it's not that relevant (something asian-like). At worst, you know for yourself. Why so? Because it's pretty much sxxual dimorphism, - for our species males are larger and taller than females on average. For asians it's not that significant difference, yet quite noticable, of course; for whites and blacks, though, the difference is extemely noticable.

You might argue that it's all irrational, and heightism is just prejudices, but people are irrational creatures, and it's not rational to fight a senseless struggle against something like sxxual dimorphism when you have an opportunity to eliminate your problem.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 12:04:35 PM »

1. I am a short woman and I am brilliant. I have always competed at an advance level in my academic. I am empathetic, compassion, insightful, talented and very artistic. Anything that I put my mind to I can learn easily and and excel. My father is an average height man and he speaks a total of seven languages. He went to university on a university scholoarship. My sister isnt very tall , went to full time university on a scholarship as well. in school, most of my friends coincidentally were short and born in the same month. All briliant. What about Napoleon Bonapart. The man was 5'7 and would be considered short in our day led a very successful army and colonize many countries around the world. It takes a high level intelligence to accomplish that. How about hollywood. Short people are thriving in hollywood. From actors, directos many of them are extreemly short , talented and very popular. Lady Gaga is 5'2, Ariana Grande 5'1, Kevin Hart 5'3, Snooki 4'8, Martin Scorcese 5'6, . What about Peter Dinklage he is a little person and He was one of the most beloved character on Games thrones.  Prince was 5'2. He was a very successful musician.  So i dont know what you are talking about your ridiculousness saying the likehood of a short person being brilliant is less. When Hollywood has A LOT of short people who are brilliant. Lets not forget the Late Stephan Hawkins, who was short AN d severely disabled and have a genuis level mind. As well as nic vujici who has no arms nor legs but was able to make a highly successful career as a motivational speaker, Has a beautiful family.

2. Short people look ridiculous on stage? Prince? Ariana Grande? Lady Gaga? Bruno Mars? Kevin Hart? They are all very short.  Nicki Minaj?  Liza Koshy? They are all very short and people love them. The shame that you associate with being short, in my opinion comes from heightism. However these well known celebrities are short and talented.

3. There is nothing to be ashame of being short. Heightism is the problem. Its people who refuse to say the value of short people, and are stuck on prejudice.  As a short woman nothing is really physically challenging. i can still reach high cupboard, i can walk, I pretty much am physically able to do anything. I understand why people are doing this surgery. Heightism is a HUGE barrier. And the way that human beings mind are set up is not easy to combat. But it doesnt mean what they think about short people is right or true. Because it isnt. I feel that you have internalize alot of the negative biases that society sees in short people.  Being short is NOT the problem. Heightism is the problem.

4. Depression and depression treatment can be caused or ''cured about anything.  What you are talking is heightism.  Heightism is prejudice towards short people that does cause problems. However just because someone is short it doesnt mean they are a bad person or a good person. Thats the individual choice to be either one. And that goes with a tall person. After surgery the short person can also be arrogant as well. And may believe that he or she achieved a certain level of privilege. Again that is subjective and it is up to a persons choice to be good or evil. Short height doesnt automatically equal bad person or vice versa.

6. Beauty standards does change. At the moment because heightism is very prevalent, society looks down on short people. However it wasnt like that always. Michael J Fox was a short actor in the 80's and was well loved. I do believe the lack of short male actors contributed to heightism towards men.

I do not deny the gravity of heightism. Nor am I or anyone against doing this surgery to ultimately avoid the social consequence of being short. However, it doesn't eliminate heightism in this world. It doesn't change human consciousness to care about things about truly matter. Instead humans focus is on THE OUTSIDE.  What they see. Which is extremely shallow and not very progressive.

I am going to continue to speak out against heightism. Because the idea that short people are completely inferior is a LIE. Its not just to treat anyone based on any physical characteristics.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 12:23:54 PM »

1. I am a short woman and I am brilliant. I have always competed at an advance level in my academic. I am empathetic, compassion, insightful, talented and very artistic. Anything that I put my mind to I can learn easily and and excel. My father is an average height man and he speaks a total of seven languages. He went to university on a university scholoarship. My sister isnt very tall , went to full time university on a scholarship as well. in school, most of my friends coincidentally were short and born in the same month. All briliant. What about Napoleon Bonapart. The man was 5'7 and would be considered short in our day led a very successful army and colonize many countries around the world. It takes a high level intelligence to accomplish that. How about hollywood. Short people are thriving in hollywood. From actors, directos many of them are extreemly short , talented and very popular. Lady Gaga is 5'2, Ariana Grande 5'1, Kevin Hart 5'3, Snooki 4'8, Martin Scorcese 5'6, . What about Peter Dinklage he is a little person and He was one of the most beloved character on Games thrones.  Prince was 5'2. He was a very successful musician.  So i dont know what you are talking about your ridiculousness saying the likehood of a short person being brilliant is less. When Hollywood has A LOT of short people who are brilliant.

You might be not just a brilliant, but Cullinan itself! It doesn't matter anyway, since you do not read really carefully what I am writing. We discussed, - or at least I did, - intelligence. Not general brilliance and other talents. Let me comment anyway on the rest (I'll put aside your bold statements about yourself):

Your father is average - we've been talking about extremely short people, mostly men.

Your sister is not very tall, which is fine for women.

Napoleon and the others, - might be short, but again, a good example of exception.

Hollywood, - no, short people are not thriving in Hollywood. I talk about male actors here, since for women heels exist, and if Scorcese and any other director is happy, I'm happy for them too. Male actors occupy a certain niche where they fit, - mostly comedy. I can't even think of anyone except possibly Dustin Hoffman who's able (I mean, is allowed) to play a great range of roles. Still, I believe he suffered from his height during professional career. For the others mentioned: Peter Dinklage plays dwarfs, it's a certain niche, and he's a very sick man who should not belong in this discussion, and Prince wore ridicolously high heels cause otherwise, you know, you wouldn't see him on stage.

Again, OK, Hollywood can have a lot of short people. It has much more of normal and tall people. Much more. Much much more. Much much much... Not to mention that a) it's quite a selective place where your appearance plays a role, so in terms of statistics it's not a good set b) again, I've been talking about regular population. That's what statistics is about.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 12:37:22 PM »

In this heightist culture, average height on a male can still be stigmatized. However he is brilliant.  I am a short woman and I experience lots of heightism. Heightism is experience by both male and female gender.  It is true that short men face greater challenges in dating. But short women face challenge as well. There are short women on here, including myself who has been outspoken about the negative bias they face as a short person, that has influence them to do this surgery.   Napoleon is not an exception. tons of intelligent and talented short people. Its just because of our heightist world is not promoted.

Appearance does count in hollywood. And I named you few short and female celebrities in hollywoo.d Here is more Seth Green, Daniel Ratcliffe,  Lil Kim, Lil wayne, Melisa Mcarthy. There is more I just not going to name everyone. The point is that These short people ARe very talented. And they have a fan base.  Yes  you are right there are ''taller'' people in Hollywood. But both tall and short actors have a fan base. I mean look at Bruno Mars. He is short , ethnic yet very successful.

And tall height doesnt automatically equal perfect person, flawless, good person, more talented etc its bones! Peter Dinklage is a little person. He did play a dwarf in Games of thrones. But the writers did not minimize his importance and role on GOT. Peter Dinklage also played in many movies where his height was not the main focus. Yes there is a difference between constitutional short stature and a little person. Nonethess Peter Dinklage has great presence as an actor as a little person.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »

2. Short people look ridiculous on stage? Prince? Ariana Grande? Lady Gaga? Bruno Mars? Kevin Hart? They are all very short.  Nicki Minaj?  Liza Koshy? They are all very short and people love them. The shame that you associate with being short, in my opinion comes from heightism. However these well known celebrities are short and talented.

3. There is nothing to be ashame of being short. Heightism is the problem. Its people who refuse to say the value of short people, and are stuck on prejudice.  As a short woman nothing is really physically challenging. i can still reach high cupboard, i can walk, I pretty much am physically able to do anything. I understand why people are doing this surgery. Heightism is a HUGE barrier. And the way that human beings mind are set up is not easy to combat. But it doesnt mean what they think about short people is right or true. Because it isnt. I feel that you have internalize alot of the negative biases that society sees in short people.  Being short is NOT the problem. Heightism is the problem.

4. Depression and depression treatment can be caused or ''cured about anything.  What you are talking is heightism.  Heightism is prejudice towards short people that does cause problems. However just because someone is short it doesnt mean they are a bad person or a good person. Thats the individual choice to be either one. And that goes with a tall person. After surgery the short person can also be arrogant as well. And may believe that he or she achieved a certain level of privilege. Again that is subjective and it is up to a persons choice to be good or evil. Short height doesnt automatically equal bad person or vice versa.

6. Beauty standards does change. At the moment because heightism is very prevalent, society looks down on short people. However it wasnt like that always. Michael J Fox was a short actor in the 80's and was well loved. I do believe the lack of short male actors contributed to heightism towards men.

I do not deny the gravity of heightism. Nor am I or anyone against doing this surgery to ultimately avoid the social consequence of being short. However, it doesn't eliminate heightism in this world. It doesn't change human consciousness to care about things about truly matter. Instead humans focus is on THE OUTSIDE.  What they see. Which is extremely shallow and not very progressive.

I am going to continue to speak out against heightism. Because the idea that short people are completely inferior is a LIE. Its not just to treat anyone based on any physical characteristics.

2. Yes, they do. Especially for males. Females can wear heels, males have to adjust the stage itself. Should be shot properly to look normal. Etc.

3. It does not matter after all, what is right and what is wrong. Let's be rational: shame is an emotion. Everything you said is about emotions and ethics. I don't care. What I care about, though, it that if there is an issue which affects quality of my life and which is curable by LL, I'm going with the surgery.

4. Again this word with -ism. I don't care whether it's good or bad, whether it's a problem or not. I know about sxxual demorphism and that I violate its principle so badly that I'm shorter than every other woman. Sorry, but I can't buy that it's all in our minds.

6. Just as I told you, - standards change, but for the all human history, it has never been a place that a short guy considered prettier than a tall one. Everyone loves Michael J Fox, yes. He's a charming actor who is very well shot. On screen. I bet many girls would be extremely disappointed in real life. But even it does not matter. I don't say that short people can't do this or that. I say, that they're less chances to success in almost every possible field. Also, just imagine how much more J Fox could have achived had he been a taller guy.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »

Short women face a lot of heightism as well. I know i have face it in my life. The women on here who want t o do limb lengthening surgery has also stated the problems they face as a short woman. Short women are often not taken very seriously in business, workplace or serious settings. Short women are labelled as cute, adorable, . Names associated with being child like. Men who usually want to date short women often do it as a fetish, or are secretly pedophiles  who date a short woman to live out their sick fantasy. Some men date short women because they want to feel superior over them, and view them as weak, inferior and need of protection.  When short women speak about their heightis experience they are unsupportive by other short men and society in general. Men and women can wear heels. in fact many men on here wear heels so people dont know they are short.

3. Okay you may not care about ethics.  Morality is based on the individual choice, despite circumstances that can positively or negatively a person not solely based because they are short or tall.

Michael J Fox was very popular as a short man. Even after he got diagnosed with parkin disease he was still very popular. Yousay how much popular he would acheive received as a tall person.. well to be quite honest the movies he made ..made him extremely popular and he still well known after all of these years despite having a neurological diseases etc. There may be as many ''short male actors'' however when their talent is undeniable. That becomes the main focus.  I mean look at Danny Devito. He is Five feet 1 and is still starring in movies.Danny Devito still has a fan base.

ilovescience

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 08:44:54 PM »

There are a lot of successful people in the history that are short right? Like General Napoleon! And does height matter when it comes to select a chairman or ceo or president? There are some presidents not very tall. Also have you heard of Jack Ma? He's very successful in business and he is not tall. Yom Cruise is he tall??? He's the face of the franchise in Hollywood.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 09:19:40 PM »

Heightism is still a barrier in society. This post wasnt about if short height has a negative impact in society, because it surely does.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2021, 01:03:40 AM »

There are a lot of successful people in the history that are short right? Like General Napoleon! And does height matter when it comes to select a chairman or ceo or president? There are some presidents not very tall. Also have you heard of Jack Ma? He's very successful in business and he is not tall. Yom Cruise is he tall??? He's the face of the franchise in Hollywood.

He wasn't even short compared to averages at the time.  Portraying him as short was just a way to make fun of him. :'(

Atlas

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »

Tom cruise got attractive face compared to his age 7/10 which is quite rare

Justin Bieber also got attractive, can fk with any girls under 18 at his prime even he is not musician.

It's not his talent personality you guys make it up 100% completely by both of his face which is considered very attractive. 

Because Justin Bieber and Tom curise exits everyone now bring it up and trying to say height dosent matter and forget that they are billion of people suffering from heightism.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2021, 05:00:59 PM »

Tom cruise got attractive face compared to his age 7/10 which is quite rare

Justin Bieber also got attractive, can fk with any girls under 18 at his prime even he is not musician.

It's not his talent personality you guys make it up 100% completely by both of his face which is considered very attractive. 

Because Justin Bieber and Tom curise exits everyone now bring it up and trying to say height dosent matter and forget that they are billion of people suffering from heightism.

Height doesnt determine intelligence, character, health, talent, personality and sometimes athleticism. Thats what really matters in life.

ilovescience

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2021, 05:17:51 PM »

He wasn't even short compared to averages at the time.  Portraying him as short was just a way to make fun of him. :'(

Maybe I read the wrong books. I thought he was 150cm tall?

Sambollio

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2021, 08:24:32 PM »

This is blatantly wrong, it’s a well known “sceintifical” fact that height and intelligence are correlated.

Sambollio

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 08:28:36 PM »

All of your posts are just empty platitudes, why are you posting on a limb lengthening forum about heightism? You are literally preaching to the choir. If this is something you actually care about changing, go do a Ted talk or something. But posting all this copy paste   is literally like a Christian trying to convert people to Christianity in their own church.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 09:32:12 PM »

I am not against limb lengthening surgery. I understand the gravity of heightism and how for some short or even average height people that limb lengthening could be a solution for them in order to avoid social consequences. This section is the ''other'' section. I wrote this post in response to another post. Again I understand why people want to do limb lengthening surgery, but I wanted all short people to know that short height has nothing to do with whats important in life.  A persons height has nothing to do with their character, intelligence, talent, athleticism, and health. All of these traits are more valuable than tall height. Society caring more about how short or tall someone is a very superficial and shallow value.

Sambollio

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 09:55:14 PM »

No one disagrees though. You said all of this multiple times. There is absolutely zero reason to keep posting this pap. If you want to help address heightism there are a million better ways to go about it.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 10:01:42 PM »

That is why i posted on off topic. This is the off topic section by the way.  Be more upset about heightism than my post. Whether or not someone does this surgery it will not eliminate heightism in this world.  Once a person completes the surgery, and is able to get to gain some sort of tall height privilege. What will they do with their new tall height privilege? Will they continue to ignore heightism? Will they try to fight against heightism?  That would be an individual choice. But what good is a new found privilege if not to benefit oneself and others? Anyways i will not keep commenting on these posts. I wish everyone well. Good luck with your surgeries.

AimHigh

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 12:59:51 AM »

Thank You Sister, we are all precious regardless of height - I was same person after CLL surgery (with less knee/leg flexibility and more pain in my legs), but it saddened me (when thinking of the discriminations that shorter people can face) to see that post CLL I was perceived differently (more attractive/confident) just because my Physical presence had changed.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Sorcerer

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2021, 02:48:33 AM »

Plz shut down offtopic or cast away these fools running months about how bad being a short man is cuz I really had enough of them.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up