Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?  (Read 8299 times)

c

Re: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2022, 09:07:00 AM »

thank you,who was the doctor who first operated on you?

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2022, 10:13:00 AM »

thank you,who was the doctor who first operated on you?

Sure, You can DM me,  I will let you know his name
I will file a complaint against him, and my lawyer suggested not mentioning his name in public, so he will not claim that I'm trying to use defamation.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2022, 06:32:23 PM »

https://ibb.co/3RNxdkr
https://ibb.co/b5Dctrd

update, 

I did my surgery on the right side ( a broken femur)   three weeks ago, and an x-ray was taken last week,  doctor replaced the broken nail with a normal rod. With this procedure, I already fixed the deformity that occurred with the first lengthening surgery. still, my right side is shorter than the left side around two cms and I  should be waiting for good healing before Lengthen then Lengthen over the same nail (LON), or replace it with a new precise nail ( 12.4 mm ).

I had my surgery with a free public hospital,  I did not have it with dr Yasser in Cairo cause he want to do bone grat and insert normal road which I did in a public hospital the same without bone grat and for free.

To avoid the nail being broken,  I did shortening the left side and still, there is a risk. Total gain height is almost 3.5 on the left side, and around most 2.5 on the right side, the right side initially is shorter than the left in 0.6  before lengthening surgery. 

result:
1) on year on wheelchair and walkers
3.5 total gain  hight
2) limping on the right side and needing more surgery to fix limping on the right side.

Bob

« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:19:08 PM by Bob »

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2023, 05:46:37 PM »

update  after almost 3 years post op

my x ray

https://ibb.co/6wdb0G0

have fully recovered and am now considering a new surgery on my right femur to correct my limp. The plan is to implant a precise nail in the right femur, lengthening it by 3.2 cm to match the length of the left femur. Additionally, I am contemplating undergoing a lengthening procedure on both femurs. This would allow me to extend the left femur by an extra 2 cm, resulting in a potential lengthening of the right femur by up to 5.2 cm

I'm concerned about my proportions. Currently, here are my measurements. What are your thoughts? Should I focus solely on correcting the limp, or should I consider additional lengthening? Please note that I've already lengthened my left femur by 4 cm before the nail in my right femur broke

Right Leg:
Tibia to Femur Ratio = Right Tibia Length / Right Femur Length
Tibia to Femur Ratio = 33.7 / 40.9 ≈ 0.825

Left Leg:
Tibia to Femur Ratio = Left Tibia Length / Left Femur Length
Tibia to Femur Ratio = 33.8 / 44.2 ≈ 0.765

So, the tibia to femur ratio for the right leg is approximately 0.825, and for the left leg, it is approximately 0.765.

what do you think?

Beemer m3

« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2023, 12:35:26 PM »

The cost will run u about 80k. I will go for lengthening both legs to the same. One side slower than the other. If they already operating on u why not just do the full surgery. At least it will keep u busy and ur going to go through physical therapy so both leg can be worth it.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2023, 06:06:58 PM »

Yeah, you make a good point. Doing both legs together does seem like it could be a better idea in the long run. I'm open to looking into it further. Thanks for your advice, and I'll definitely talk to my doctor about it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up