Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 or 15cm safe  (Read 3359 times)

oklama

13 or 15cm safe
« on: May 18, 2022, 05:45:54 PM »

I see Mahboubian doing these lengths quadrilateral, bringing a 5'2.5 person to 5'9. From what I see I believe he is a good and safe doctor, although he may be heavy handed in the marketing. However, wouldn't you be in considerable pain after doing 13cm or 15cm? 8 femur + 5 tib (or 7 tib) or would you still be able to run and be flexible? Debiparshad also claims to be able to do 6 inches.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

JJ299

Re: 13 or 15cm safe
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 08:38:02 PM »

I doubt lengthening 13 cm let alone 15 cm is safe. At that point you are basically doing this trade off: gain 4-5 in but lose athleticism ( can still do minor things like walking - but expect to run like you are in your 50s ), proportion will definitely look weird 4 in+, and augmented short/long term complications ( internals for femur is a must ).

For reference according to Dr. Lee and Dr. Chung ( both with 1000s of cases ) have stated lengthening 6cm results in 80% athleticism and 7cm results in 50% ( this is however for only tibia lengthening ).

There are lot of people on JP Twitter that are doing quads though primarily in Turkey, but they all have realistic trade offs and know they won't be returning to pre-operation athleticism.

oklama

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 10:56:39 PM »

this is where my confusion is, 13cm would be 8cm in the femurs and 5 in the tibia. which both are considered safe lengths, the muscles in each section stretch independently, so I would assume combined its a bit more of a athletic loss than just doing one section alone, but Im not sure if doing it would have you running badly (If you took PT serious). nobody really has a straight answer that I can tell. either they say you'll be completely like normal or you'll be debilitated and i'm pretty sure neither are true.
19 yrs old

ReadRothbard

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 02:13:30 AM »

The answer is yes, but with caveats.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

oklama

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 03:05:05 AM »

if I did it with a USA doctor do you think id be able to be flexible and run after for 13cm? I'd probably only do 8cm in my femurs but i'm like 165cm so being barely 5'8 would be annoying and Idk if id feel completely comfortable at that height, assuming the 8cm didn't present me any issues id probably go for an extra 5cm to be 5'10 which is a slightly above average height if I had the time and money
19 yrs old

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 03:20:54 AM »

Doing it with a Western doc doesn't mean you'll suddenly be able to do more lengthening. A lot of it depends on your soft tissues. Also, 5'8 would still be an enormous benefit over 5'5 socially. Since you've never been above that height, how do you know that you won't be happy at 5'8? Take a year to recover after your first lengthening and see how your body responds to it along with how others start treating you compared to before. You may find that a second lengthening is not necessary and now you've saved a lot of time and money.

if I did it with a USA doctor do you think id be able to be flexible and run after for 13cm? I'd probably only do 8cm in my femurs but i'm like 165cm so being barely 5'8 would be annoying and Idk if id feel completely comfortable at that height, assuming the 8cm didn't present me any issues id probably go for an extra 5cm to be 5'10 which is a slightly above average height if I had the time and money
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

oklama

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 03:36:08 AM »

thats the plan. yeah im aware the doctor doesn't change your physical capabilities, but it seems that they are more aware what each patients limitations are and what to do regarding complications vs people like Betz or budulu (idk how to spell it)

a lot of people on here are 5'8 and get CLL and it seems that 5'8 is still considered short by society so thats why I think I may go for 2 procedures
19 yrs old

AllinStryde

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »

I did Stryde in femurs.  I hit 5'8"...and as cool as it would be to hit 5'10"...there's just no way I'd put myself through all that again.  It was rough, even with Stryde.  Glad I did it, would I do it again, no way.  Do one procedure, see how you feel.  A huge percentage of people find neurosis disappears after a singular procedure.

djimbo9

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 06:34:53 PM »

I'm 5'8 and it's terrible. It's not a manly structure.

Oswego

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 07:07:51 PM »

I did Stryde in femurs.  I hit 5'8"...and as cool as it would be to hit 5'10"...there's just no way I'd put myself through all that again.  It was rough, even with Stryde.  Glad I did it, would I do it again, no way.  Do one procedure, see how you feel.  A huge percentage of people find neurosis disappears after a singular procedure.
This is how I'm hoping to feel at 5'5" right now. 5'10" sounds really great, but just getting to 5'8" would be super nice, and having not even gone through the pain/time/energy once, I have a hard time telling myself I'd do tibias after femurs.
Current height: 165cm

Goal height: 173cm with Dr. Paley

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 07:39:24 PM »

I would ideally like to hit about 6'1, which is 15 cm, but I need to see my options first.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Limbfan2020

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 07:42:20 PM »

Being 5'7 to 5'8 really suckz since you are on a borderline. It's not short but it's also not tall.

djimbo9

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 08:00:24 PM »

Being 5'7 to 5'8 really suckz since you are on a borderline. It's not short but it's also not tall.

It's definitely short.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 08:18:10 PM »

It's definitely short.

It's not short in the US, but it's kind of borderline.

Future space tycoon

zaozari

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 08:51:24 PM »

It's definitely short.

I don’t understand very well this aspect of the forum when people just vent their judgement about other people's body and height when it's out of context and out of any meaningful contribution.
Of course it's different if we are discussing the case in terms of each one experience and its plans, objectives  frustrations, asks opinions about options of lenghtening amount , etc.
But just saying X cm is being short to a guy that will never be able to grow past the "personal" criteria of somebody about what should the ideal human being height. It is arrogant, even sounds a bit racist and is definitely not nice. We should support each other, people with heightism discrmination views only contribute to more individual discrimination and more suffering. I don't know what "heightists" come to do here . In my view they just don't have a place here unless we want a forum mainly dedicated to eugenism and body mechanics where short and "short" people are hurt and in a way almost insulted. Are we ready to decide and "tell" that somebody is fat, or is from a short height "race", with "bad genes".
Or maybe those guys are either already in a high degree of height neurosis or are just kids, still too young to not really know what they vent out their mouth.

informationispower

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 09:00:08 PM »

I don’t understand very well this aspect of the forum when people just vent their judgement about other people's body and height when it's out of context and out of any meaningful contribution.
Of course it's different if we are discussing the case in terms of each one experience and its plans, objectives  frustrations, asks opinions about options of lenghtening amount , etc.
But just saying X cm is being short to a guy that will never be able to grow past the "personal" criteria of somebody about what should the ideal human being height. It is arrogant, even sounds a bit racist and is definitely not nice. We should support each other, people with heightism discrmination views only contribute to more individual discrimination and more suffering. I don't know what "heightists" come to do here . In my view they just don't have a place here unless we want a forum mainly dedicated to eugenism and body mechanics where short and "short" people are hurt and in a way almost insulted. Are we ready to decide and "tell" that somebody is fat, or is from a short height "race", with "bad genes".
Or maybe those guys are either already in a high degree of height neurosis or are just kids, still too young to not really know what they vent out their mouth.

Look at his post history. He is an incel... let him be

zaozari

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »

Sorry to say like this but it's intended more like an eye opening, not an insult.
Why are you planning to possibly completely  f**k your body for going past 5,8"?!
And why on earth would you be saffer and "problem solved" in the USA compared to in Europe in developed countries?. Don't build illusion "legends".  If you need going from 5"8 to 5,10" it means you don't like yourself enough and need to solve that before taking (sorry) irresponsible decisions.
Take care of yourself. This is already a huge fight for each centimetre gain..Look at the example of the moderator, he regrets having done 7 cm instead of 5 cm....

Upgrade

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:30 PM »

The quadrilateral price tag is at least 100,000 USD for internal nails. If you want to do it in the USA, it is at least 150,000 USD. If you don't have that type of money, why even think about quadrilateral?

You can always do quadrilateral LON for way cheaper.

oklama

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 10:22:47 PM »

I didn't mean usa is safer vs developed Europe countries, i meant places like turkey or ppl like Betz who just let people do 10cm on one bone etc

however I do think paley is the absolute best option.

I may not need to get 5'10 from 5'8. I would only do a second surgery if I felt I needed it and the doctor thought it would be safe for me. correct me if I wrong but didn't the mod do 7cm in his tibia and also do it in somewhere less developed like China or India? I wouldn't go past 5 on my tibia. I plan to do 8cm femur after I get the money then hopefully never visit this forum again and never think about cll again. but if neccesary I would consider doing the tibia also.
19 yrs old

oklama

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 10:28:33 PM »

I don't have 100k, or 75k, or 50k, or 15k, or 5k. im just out of high school but if things go according to plan ill be Able to afford cll eventually. I don't even want to do it right now because im waiting for stryde or an equivalent. but I want to know if I even want to do it in the first place and how much I want to do. The answers always vary so much so I stay on this forum trying to do more research. from what I can tell doing 8cm on my femurs with proper PT and doctor oversight I should be fine but I just reaserch to see the limits
19 yrs old

zaozari

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 11:38:40 PM »

Maybe it shouldn't be me to say again but it's "known" here and the mod welcomes questions. Yes, he did 7cm and now seems to regret a little and would have preferred to have done 5 cm. To have more physical dynamics and less specific problems as knee pain. It was done apparently in a good, big and specialized Chinese hospital as a full package and everything was done all the time there with well known competent doctors at that time, and still famous today, it seems. But China stopped doing CLL.

I would avoid Mahboubian, anyway, but it's just my opinion.

Another note: from my part you are very welcommed in the forum.

oklama

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 03:06:43 AM »

why would you avoid Mahboubian? im not saying your wrong, just curious your reasoning. My #1 choice is definitely Paley however he is extremely expensive.
19 yrs old

AllinStryde

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2022, 04:01:31 PM »

Yes, it's crazy in here sometimes.  Something very important to remember on LL Forum...is that your current height is someone else's DREAM height.  So if we start talking about 5'8" or 5'10" being "short"...just think how that sounds to someone here who is 5 feet, 5'1" or 5'2".  It's all about your own self improvement, doesn't matter what you started with and how you ended, as long as YOU found an improved state of mind.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022, 02:38:42 PM »

why would you avoid Mahboubian? im not saying your wrong, just curious your reasoning. My #1 choice is definitely Paley however he is extremely expensive.

Mahboubian is a fantastic surgeon. He's an aggressive marketer, but I've never heard anything bad about him from patients. I'd get quadrilateral with him if I had the money (and that might be happening sometime in the next 6 months to a year).

Future space tycoon

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022, 05:41:15 PM »

Agreed. But not exclusive to Limbfan and Djambo.

I have seen for multiple times that random commenters under the posts curses the OP as midget manlet dwarf or much worse though this is LL forum where u can't see any really tall guys(if he is not crazy and not trolling).

This forum really needs to constrict this kind of humiliations.

We LLers are already suffering from judgemental society and I don't wanna be discriminated on LL forum as well

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2022, 05:46:29 PM »

Sorry to say like this but it's intended more like an eye opening, not an insult.
Why are you planning to possibly completely  f**k your body for going past 5,8"?!
And why on earth would you be saffer and "problem solved" in the USA compared to in Europe in developed countries?. Don't build illusion "legends".  If you need going from 5"8 to 5,10" it means you don't like yourself enough and need to solve that before taking (sorry) irresponsible decisions.
Take care of yourself. This is already a huge fight for each centimetre gain..Look at the example of the moderator, he regrets having done 7 cm instead of 5 cm....
He regrets? The last time I can remeber his recapitulation was that he ended up the procedures and now is moving on his own life with normal functions.

I think maybe too long recovery and painful procedures made him regret. Also he did the surgery in a third world country

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2022, 06:16:04 PM »

Maybe it shouldn't be me to say again but it's "known" here and the mod welcomes questions. Yes, he did 7cm and now seems to regret a little and would have preferred to have done 5 cm. To have more physical dynamics and less specific problems as knee pain. It was done apparently in a good, big and specialized Chinese hospital as a full package and everything was done all the time there with well known competent doctors at that time, and still famous today, it seems. But China stopped doing CLL.

I would avoid Mahboubian, anyway, but it's just my opinion.

Another note: from my part you are very welcommed in the forum.
China does not stop doing CLL, just 'prohibitting', and it seems some surgeons are still doing it there.

zaozari

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2022, 06:20:36 PM »

He regrets? The last time I can remeber his recapitulation was that he ended up the procedures and now is moving on his own life with normal functions.

I think maybe too long recovery and painful procedures made him regret. Also he did the surgery in a third world country
Yes, he regrets the last 2/2,5 cm. He wishes he had stopped at 5 cm.
Fortunately, he feels fine overall anyway. But just read,  he explains why very well. Your wishful memory has only selected the better. I won't talk about this here anyore, it should be his own words if he so wants to use his time and tell it again.

zaozari

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2022, 06:25:26 PM »

China does not stop doing CLL, just 'prohibitting', and it seems some surgeons are still doing it there.

So you mean it's still done but illegally, maybe in small garages, or so?! Is there are any suggestion implied, also?! How much does it cost?

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 06:48:10 PM »

So you mean it's still done but illegally, maybe in small garages, or so?! Is there are any suggestion implied, also?! How much does it cost?
Yeah but as far as I am concerned, a doctor named Ruan Yude fleed China to Vietnam and continues his own career but I heard bad news from him about his awful facilities and illegal operations from a female patient who got infected on her knees and his teacher is Bai Helong, who is also conducting CLL in the Northwest China.

zaozari

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2022, 07:06:12 PM »

Yeah but as far as I am concerned, a doctor named Ruan Yude fleed China to Vietnam and continues his own career but I heard bad news from him about his awful facilities and illegal operations from a female patient who got infected on her knees and his teacher is Bai Helong, who is also conducting CLL in the Northwest China.

Please!! I was joking!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up