Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To those who have had LL  (Read 948 times)

onlywantafewcmmore

To those who have had LL
« on: June 09, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

What sort of complications have you suffered afterwards? Any complications that are not talked about?

dexter1930

Re: To those who have had LL
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:48:51 PM »

to me it's definitely the SKIN, my skin can't keep up with the bone lengthening rate. it's causing a lot of problems like I can't flex my right knee and pinsite bleeding

onlywantafewcmmore

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 12:37:20 AM »

how much did you lengthen? does your skin feel very tight?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 05:24:17 AM »

I got exertional compartment syndrome in my tibialis anterior muscles.  I suspect that this is due to a change in biomechanics that caused the muscles to have to work much, much harder than they used to when I walk.  This is a syndrome that extreme athlets get, and I do not fit that description.  Just some light dumbell aerobics or yoga 30 minutes a day is all I do.

I also have tendonitis in my patellar ligaments.  I think this was caused by the splitting of the patellar ligaments to insert the intermedullary nails (standard procedure, no other way to get them in there), but it may have had some other cause or multiple causes.  My body has a very strong inflammatory response to all things, and I think this is why I have the problem.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 08:23:25 PM »

After nearly seven months my shins are still numb. I think I might be finally seeing some signs of improvement though. My femurs also hurt to varying degrees when I walk and work out my legs. I really hope that it's because I haven't consolidated or because I still have the nails in.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

AimHigh

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »

After ~8cm femur lengthening 5 years ago the skin on both anterior tibia's is still easily irritated and gets very itchy due to nerve stretching I think. I also have Patella irritation(Superior) and I no longer have full ROM in my left knee (~135 degrees), and my right knee has become very noisy/grainy (Crepsitis).I have lost strength in both knees and far less stable when rising up from a squat.
I can no longer run for much over 50 metres, but can kinda "shuffle jog" for 5 min or so, tibial anterior swelling happens quickly, I think this is due to the altered Fem/Tibia proportions.
All in all this operation has been quite debilitating for me, I stay fit and strong with Gym and bicycle riding, I am ok as I am in my mid 50's, but my previous sports of MMA (reduced flexibility/speed, and high kicks are a joke now),  Squash/Racquet ball are distant memories.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

onlywantafewcmmore

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »

Seems most people suffer some sort of complication?

5ft5

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 05:51:40 AM »

So it seems like 8cm of LL, more often than not results in some permanent complications? Just 50m of running doesn't sound very nice for an Ironman prospective like me  :o

5ft5

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 05:58:07 AM »

After ~8cm femur lengthening 5 years ago the skin on both anterior tibia's is still easily irritated and gets very itchy due to nerve stretching I think. I also have Patella irritation(Superior) and I no longer have full ROM in my left knee (~135 degrees), and my right knee has become very noisy/grainy (Crepsitis).I have lost strength in both knees and far less stable when rising up from a squat.
I can no longer run for much over 50 metres, but can kinda "shuffle jog" for 5 min or so, tibial anterior swelling happens quickly, I think this is due to the altered Fem/Tibia proportions.
All in all this operation has been quite debilitating for me, I stay fit and strong with Gym and bicycle riding, I am ok as I am in my mid 50's, but my previous sports of MMA (reduced flexibility/speed, and high kicks are a joke now),  Squash/Racquet ball are distant memories.

I have knee and shin problems as a normal person (no LL yet) and have stopped on squats because of crepitus . Swelling and other problems are scary though.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 12:57:52 PM »

I have knee and shin problems as a normal person (no LL yet) and have stopped on squats because of crepitus . Swelling and other problems are scary though.
How much did you lengthen?
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Gman23

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »

To me it looks like the older you get the weaker, your legs get, at age 50 any normal person would loose their previous athletic abilities...

And it seems like, if you get the surgery done at a younger age the better the results are, and you heal better over time ???

From reading the other peoples feedback, complications etc, seems like every LL’er has/had some sort of problems, after.

Knee problem etc..

Or is it due to the lack of stretching, working out when you had done the surgery ...?
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 04:03:31 PM »

To me it looks like the older you get the weaker, your legs get, at age 50 any normal person would loose their previous athletic abilities...

And it seems like, if you get the surgery done at a younger age the better the results are, and you heal better over time ???

From reading the other peoples feedback, complications etc, seems like every LL’er has/had some sort of problems, after.

Knee problem etc..

Or is it due to the lack of stretching, working out when you had done the surgery ...?

It's unavoidable. :'(

Stretch the body out unnaturally and you'll get complications of some kind.  It's only to what degree that's in question.

5ft5

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »

It's unavoidable. :'(

Stretch the body out unnaturally and you'll get complications of some kind.  It's only to what degree that's in question.

What do you think about yoga positions though? I've seen extremely weird stretches in yoga but hardly any complications at least from what I've heard.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 06:21:09 PM »

What do you think about yoga positions though? I've seen extremely weird stretches in yoga but hardly any complications at least from what I've heard.

Surgically lengthening a fully-grown adult's legs goes way beyond what yoga poses can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up