Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your best excuse for dissapearing for LL??  (Read 949 times)

lessthanavg8300

What's your best excuse for dissapearing for LL??
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:50:59 PM »

Its hard to get away for 6 months + from family and friends.  What would you say to create some distance as you get the procedure done?
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

mc623

• Visitor
Re: What's your best excuse for dissapearing for LL??
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 01:03:03 AM »

I told them that I needed to take a solo trip to grow as a person. When I come back, I wouldn't have been a complete liar!
(disclaimer: this might not work very well, I wouldn't advise saying it like that)

Charizard

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »

My excuse: I have bow legs so i am planning to have a correction surgery but insurance is not covering it, thats why i am planning to have it abroad because its cheaper.  ;D ;D  ;)
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 08:01:45 PM »

Pretty solid one honestly

vincentfreeman

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »

Bow leg is one of the best, as correcting it can add ~1 inch height. You can also say a number of "medical necessity" type reasons e.g. knee operation. You can claim to have been in an accident etc. but that feels shadier somehow, people will then want to hear the story etc. and I would rather avoid making up a whole BS car accident story.
Starting height: 172 cm (5'7")
Target height: ~188 cm (6'2") [Femurs 10cm + 6cm Tibia]
- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 05:25:16 PM »

I'm thinking of saying I'm taking an education course in another state.  I literally just had surgery for something unrelated so saying I'm having surgery again is getting a bit excessive.  Something I thought of is if you have a grandparent that dies or something and get called to a funeral you are completely f-cked.  Just have to hope nothing comes up for about 6 months.

vincentfreeman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 05:36:37 PM »

You could say you needed to have a correction/the first surgery went wrong. Can you claim to be in another state for work?
- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »

The surgery was too serious to mess with my families emotions.  It would do the opposite and they would demand to come along and be there.  Would be a huge mess.  Can't claim anything for work unfortunately.  I work remote and for myself and they know this.  Good thought though.

vincentfreeman

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:35 PM »

It depends on how much you're lengthening as well. From your other posts, you only wanted to do 2 inches (hopefully for functionality/recovery reasons rather than being afraid of other's reactions) but like whatever lie you come up with, you don't want to get too elaborate/detailed. I always think about it from a perspective of, if family/a person close to me found out, how bothered by the lie would they be. You want a hand-wavy type lie rather than elaborate totally bull  story.

I have primed different people in my life for it in different ways for a long time (been talking about bow-leg/knee pain problems for years), I have always worn lifts etc. you have a bit of time between now and Jan to start alluding to whatever the story will be and priming people.

The best thing to do is to mix in some element of truth into the lie. Maybe actually start an education course (which could be online) or travel a week or two prior to the surgery so you have photos, etc.

- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 06:34:01 PM »

For sure, the worst thing you can do is tell a lie that pisses people off.  These are all good ideas, Ive actually had many of the same ones in mind.

vincentfreeman

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 07:55:32 PM »

I like the bow leg, because it actually explains some amount of height increase, you can say you fixed your posture which was really bad and wore the adjustable brace to correct bow leg while you were studying interstate, generally doing self-improvement etc.

If you can work on or change other aspects of yourself you have always wanted to then the height kind of gets noticed less. I have lost like 20kg of fat, quite smoking, whitened teeth, massively improved wardrobe, started bodybuilding and completel changed my hair  in the last year - so much has changed appearance wise, that yeah whenever I see family next it will be pat of a broader narrative of just self-improvement, resolving long standing health issues such as the "bow leg" etc.
- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

Charizard

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 09:59:36 PM »

I like the bow leg, because it actually explains some amount of height increase, you can say you fixed your posture which was really bad and wore the adjustable brace to correct bow leg while you were studying interstate, generally doing self-improvement etc.

Bow leg indeed  ;) ;D Explains all 😛😛
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

6CMFemurs

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »

Just say bow leg or rotational deformity.

Also try not to “disappear” if you can avoid it. Lengthening from home and maintaining your social life/daily routine is a million times easier. Most of the people who went of the grid for 6 months seem to be suffering psychologically  by the end of the process.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 04:01:11 AM »

I really dont get how you can have a social life through this process when you cant walk normally.  I would like for there to be a way though.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2022, 04:05:51 AM »

People are going to notice you’re taller when you come back.

And like, you’re getting this surgery because you want them too

So why lie? Just tell them.
Starting height: 180cm

Goal height: 191cm

vincentfreeman

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2022, 05:27:30 AM »

I completely understand not wanting to tell people you had a cosmetic surgery, particularly as a man, and one this intense so I don't really agree that you have to tell them. I think a medical/bs deformity type reason is the way to go. I am more fussed about you limiting the amount you lengthen because you are banking on a smaller amount meaning on no one noticing while your gait, etc. recovers which seems a bit optimistic and wasteful especially if they do notice in the end. As for whether you ignore social circle that depends on you as an individual and how much that is a factor in your life ( I personally don't really need a social circle/care what they think other than family).
- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

BeyondAverage

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2022, 05:58:09 AM »

I completely understand not wanting to tell people you had a cosmetic surgery, particularly as a man, and one this intense so I don't really agree that you have to tell them. I think a medical/bs deformity type reason is the way to go. I am more fussed about you limiting the amount you lengthen because you are banking on a smaller amount meaning on no one noticing while your gait, etc. recovers which seems a bit optimistic and wasteful especially if they do notice in the end. As for whether you ignore social circle that depends on you as an individual and how much that is a factor in your life ( I personally don't really need a social circle/care what they think other than family).

Lengthening 14cm is too much bro
Starting height: 180cm

Goal height: 191cm

vincentfreeman

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2022, 06:10:29 AM »

I am not saying to lengthen more or less - just that the reason should be for you not other people. Lengthen as much as you deem safe, a good trade-off of aesthetic and potential for recovery, etc. more that I think choosing to lengthen just 5-6 cm  in the hope people don't notice doesn't make sense to me, if it was for recovery reasons or safety I would totally understand. Just my two cents anyways

P.s should add that I don't want to sound like I am encouraging or suggesting @lessthanavg lengthen more, I was just questioning other people noticing  being the reason behind the amount. At the end of the day the best and safest amount to lengthen is 0cm and every cm after that is additional risk, money, time, recovery and possibility of complications down the road. I am sure they have thought it through and have their reasoning.
- Betz Femurs Nov 2022

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2022, 08:57:07 PM »

I hear what you're saying but 2 inches (5CM) is still massive.  Going from 5'7 to 5'9 is a game changer (Im over 5'7 so I would really be like 5'9.25) and I know its all I need while having a good recovery.  When I walk around in boots I'm not even 5'9 and I feel completely different. This amount will for sure cure my height dysphoria.  And its a nice bonus that I wont be a lightning rod for people talking about me and can recover quickly.  Its also important to me that I get this over with and move on with life as fast as possible.  Im early 30's and by the time I get the rods out and the scars under control Ill be maybe 33.5-34.  I cannot tell you how much I'm dreading not being in a relationship for 1.5-2 years.  Im not going to start something with someone with this huge interruption.  Every CM you go extends this.  I would maybe consider 6CM but that would be my absolute max and ill likely be sticking with 5.

If I was seriously short like 5'5 I would just announce it and go ham.  But Im short-ish and dont feel like I need that much.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2022, 09:17:04 PM »

I honestly dont know what to think at this point if 2 inches will be easily noticed or not.  Everyone has a different opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up