Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 7 cm bad idea for tibia?  (Read 363 times)

Samuel

• Visitor
Is 7 cm bad idea for tibia?
« on: April 17, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »

Hi everyone. My height is 176 cm and I am going to do only one surgery and I want to lengthen 7 cm for tibias, would it be a disproportional?

AnotherLLer

Re: Is 7 cm bad idea for tibia?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 07:24:24 PM »

Depends on your current proportions. If your tibia is relatively short compared to your femur and upper body, then it can be done, albeit with much effort and risks. Also, consider being in frames for about 11-14 months for that amount of lengthening if not considering LON or LATN.

I myself have short tibia and short starting height to begin with. That's why I'm shooting about 7 cm and am mentally ready to remain in frames for that long time as doing LON or LATN is more invasive and costly.

Samuel

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 07:44:12 PM »

I am going to do it using LON and yes + 7 cm for my body and legs looks normal even more then 7 cm looks mormal but 7 cm is max safe limit

AnotherLLer

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 07:51:12 PM »

Max safe limit is more like between 5-6 cm but if you push harder 7 cm can be done.

LON is more invasive and has risks of permanent knee pain but I understand that being in frames for almost 14 months is mentally exhausting so if you have funds then go for it.

But you have a pretty good starting height and 4-5 cm pure external would suffice which can be done in 6-8 months without LON or LATN. Much safe than 7 cm and doing LON.

markr09

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 11:16:00 PM »

Can do it, but recommended is 5-6. But afaicr Bodybuilder pushed 3 inches and is quite fine, so yes it's still possible but usually will depend. IMO proportions would still be your limiting factor, if you have short tibias and lengthen at that and be within the range of proportion for tibia:femur, then go ahead if you can. I personally have long tibias, short femurs(still longer than tibias) and a long torso, so my calves look quite big, so I plan to do this surgery on my femurs.

Hard limit will be as long as your tibia is still shorter than your femurs, if you go past that, it'll just look very weird esp considering it's very rare to have longer tibias than femurs. In fact, it's actually not recommended to have longer tibias than femurs: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26398436/#:~:text=Discussion%3A%20Increasing%20tibia%20length%20relative,the%20normal%20ratio%20of%200.80.

No matter how much you want to grow taller, minimize the risk of your mobility and plausible joint problems.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

NailedLegs

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 09:38:46 PM »

If we are talking strictly about proportions, long tibias are aesthetic. In my personal opinion, extra long tibias look better than extra long femurs. That's just my personal belief, some may disagree.

As far as safety goes, lengthening the tibia 7cm is much harder than lengthening the femur 7cm. It is dependent on the individual, but it may not be possible in your case. Most would probably have to stop due to contracture or developing equinus before they reach 7cm.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:41 PM »

Aesthetically you will look fine with 7cm on tibias. Also yes it is a feasible length and if you lengthen slowly and stand a lot (to avoid equinus) you'll probably be ok.
But your biomechanics will be ruined so if you want to run, play sports and all these then with 7cm you won't be able to do it, simple as that.
You will walk fine, you would do all normal things but nothing more than that in a level close to before LL.
Personally I don't care at all because at my initial height, gaining 7,5cm and reaching a solid 1.76 (morning height) was much more important than having much better athletic abilities and be 1.74. I only lifted after all, which I still do in a very good level (better than at least 95% of men even younger than me) so I never cared about running for distamces, olayng football and things like that.

That said, at your height I wouldn't push it that much because even with 5.5 cm I would have had an almost perfect height and much better athletic abilities compared to 7cm. So it doesn't worth it imo at your initial height. Go to 5.5cm and consider yourself done. 1.81 with 1.83 has no real difference but not able to run fast or for distances has.

Azerty12

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 10:14:19 AM »

Hello bodybuilder what are Your pr in squat and deadlift today ? And are you able to sprint ? For me recovery is really important and i want to ne able to squat the same as today

AnotherLLer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 12:18:19 PM »

When I look in the mirror nked, especially laterally, my shins are much shorter compared to thighs. I think that anything up to 5 cm won't create obvious disproportion between them but anything past 5 cm will start to further damage the ratio between lower and upper legs. Every 0.5 cm above 5 cm is not only hard to lengthen but also creates visible disproportions gradually. But in my case I think that up until 6.5-7.5 cm will be more or less acceptable given my short lower legs.

I have to measure my bones first and not exceed the length of femurs or else I'll look odd then. When I'm measuring my tibia from distal and proximal heads of the bone, I get about 35 cm. I think that femurs should be at least 7 cm more so about 42-43 cm, but measuring femur bone accurately without getting x-rays is erroneous so it might be 40-41 cm, who knows. I think that there's no way I lengthen femurs first as my tibiae will look even shorter that it is now and I'll look odd nked but okay with elevator boots and longer pants but I want to look good nked in the first place so tibia is my first choice up to 7.5 cm and then femur up to 5-6 cm max.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 03:44:08 PM »

Hello bodybuilder what are Your pr in squat and deadlift today ? And are you able to sprint ? For me recovery is really important and i want to ne able to squat the same as today
I don't do heavy squats and deadlifts. Never did heavy even before LL but furthermore after it and after 30yo. I don't want to ruin my body with injuries.

With isolate exercises I have a very good body and muscle mass. I am not a powerlifter nor I care about lifting heavy, I just want a good looking muscular body and I am ok with how I look.

I am able to sprint  but in 30-40% slower than before and much lower distances.
Pages: [1]   Go Up