Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best plan for staged quadrilateral  (Read 243 times)

AnotherLLer

Best plan for staged quadrilateral
« on: April 30, 2024, 07:34:50 PM »

I'm going to lengthen both of my lower segments in the end as I need more than 4 inches of total lengthening.

Which plan sounds more time saving:

1. Lengthen tibia for 2 inches with pure external method, recover and then lengthen the femurs
2. Lengthen femurs for 3 inches, allow it to consolidate for at least 75% and immediately get the 2 inches tibia surgery

Now, option 1 will take at least 1 year to remove the frames from tibia whilst with option 2 I can lengthen the femurs in about 3 months, then wait another 3 months for consolidation and immediately undergo pure external tibia surgery with the nails inside my femurs. After the tibia consolidates, remove the fixators from tibia and also remove the nails from my femurs.

What do you think? Option 2 clearly has an advantage as it saves considerable amount of time IMO.

Kintaeryos

Re: Best plan for staged quadrilateral
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 06:09:47 AM »

Your priority should be safety, not expediency. You can't be risk averse enough with this surgery. Most reputable doctors won't do 2) anyway.

AnotherLLer

Re: Best plan for staged quadrilateral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 02:25:43 PM »

If we count Paley as a reputable doc, then he does simultaneous quadrilateral which is much more brutal than lengthening femurs first and after 6 months smashing the tibia bones while your femurs is about 75% healed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up