Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LATN on Femurs  (Read 1364 times)

DreamKamchatka

LATN on Femurs
« on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »

How big the scar will be at the end? Comparing to conventional ilizarov?
Will the femurs be lengthened along mechanical axis?
When will the patient be able to walk without crutches?

onemorefoot

Re: LATN on Femurs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

Bluebarbie did that, dont worry foro the scars as they can be fixed, worry for the pain that you Will pass being with a monorial fixator, where are you planning yo be operated?
Budget will determine my future.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:34:55 PM »

Bluebarbie did that, dont worry foro the scars as they can be fixed, worry for the pain that you Will pass being with a monorial fixator, where are you planning yo be operated?
I didn't decide which doctor yet. Any advice?
Misalignment is a big concern.  Will the nail change the lengthened mechanical axis?

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »

I didn't decide which doctor yet. Any advice?
Misalignment is a big concern.  Will the nail change the lengthened mechanical axis?
You Will get a misalignment for sure if you go above 4 cm, but It can be corrected in the nailing surgery, you may lose some height gained in the nailing operation, but It can be fixed overlengthening. If you Will be doing LATN go for 6-7, as misalignments can be corrected.
Budget will determine my future.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »

You Will get a misalignment for sure if you go above 4 cm, but It can be corrected in the nailing surgery, you may lose some height gained in the nailing operation, but It can be fixed overlengthening. If you Will be doing LATN go for 6-7, as misalignments can be corrected.
I plan to go for 6.8

Ok. So at the end, will my femurs be crooked along the mechanical axis? Or nether mechanical or biological axis?

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »

Doing LON with monorails in femurs will have about the same result to mechanical axis as doing internals only as nail prevents misalignment that monorails causes.

But I think it is a very barbaric to have anything external in femurs.
Although I want to do LL in femurs and my budget is not plenty, I wouldn't consider this solution as the scarring, the pain (femurs have much more muscles than tibias and pins cut through them when you lengthen) and the great discomfort don't worth the money you save from doing internal only.

So if you have a strict budget, do external tibias. External in femurs, even LON, is not a wise choice.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »

Doing LON with monorails in femurs will have about the same result to mechanical axis as doing internals only as nail prevents misalignment that monorails causes.

But I think it is a very barbaric to have anything external in femurs.
Although I want to do LL in femurs and my budget is not plenty, I wouldn't consider this solution as the scarring, the pain (femurs have much more muscles than tibias and pins cut through them when you lengthen) and the great discomfort don't worth the money you save from doing internal only.

So if you have a strict budget, do external tibias. External in femurs, even LON, is not a wise choice.
I already dropped LON as my option

I mean LATN

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »

I already dropped LON as my option

I mean LATN
Latn is worse than lon in femurs.
Lon will prevent malalignment that monorails cause which I don't think that latn (puting the nail after lengthening) would fix.
Also, with latn you do one big surgery more.

So don't think about latn. Don't think about any kind of external in femurs generally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up