Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should i get achilles tendon lengthened ?  (Read 3516 times)

tolly

Should i get achilles tendon lengthened ?
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:18:48 AM »

I am currently lengthening my tibia's using a monorail fixator and i have knee bending and ballerina.While standing if i put my heels down the knee bends and my back bends forward , as long as i hold the wall or something i can fix my back easily.While standing on my toes the back is perfectly fine.The doc plans to remove the fixator by mid sept and will put a plate instead of a nail( less chance of infection,knee pain and it will not mess with the callus).Should i lengthen my achilles Tendon ?Any one who has any info on the recovery,pain,walking etc please shed some light on this topic.I think it is only a 5 minute surgery.I need to be walking unaided by 1 november.i dont mind going to the office even though i am wearing a splint on my leg as long as i can walk fine.
Original Height - 174 cm (5'8.5")
Current Height - 183 cm (6'0")
LATIN with Dr Deepak Raina at Indian Spinal Injuries Center
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3011.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Should i get achilles tendon lengthened ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:55:16 AM »

I think you should wait until the fixators are off before you decide.

lumiere

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »

I lengthened my tibiae of 7.5 cm, and I did't do the Achille tendons lenghening. When I finished the lengthening phase, I used to have a bit ballerina foot, but it goes away after about 7-10 days. I have now, after a couple of months of consolidating phase, just a bit of calf tension in the morning, but that apart I'm pretty good. When did you finish your lengthening phase? You will improve your elasticity day by day, but if you finished lengthening a long time ago and you still have ballerina foot, then could be probably better do  the lengthening of your achilles.

Lumiere

tolly

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:28:41 AM »

My lengthening will get over on 14th sept (9 cm) and on 15th they will insert the plate.My ballerina is about 5 cm.The only issue is that if i lengthen my achilles tendon after the plating surgery it will cost me extra and if i do in simultaneously it will not cost me anything.

Morgenst.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:05 AM »

Can anyone tell me what the risks/downsides and upside to lengthening an Achilles' tendon are?

lumiere

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »

My lengthening will get over on 14th sept (9 cm) and on 15th they will insert the plate.My ballerina is about 5 cm.The only issue is that if i lengthen my achilles tendon after the plating surgery it will cost me extra and if i do in simultaneously it will not cost me anything.
5 cm is too much, I think you HAVE TO lengthening your tendons.. But for this kind of question who better than your orthopetic surgeon may give you the right answer?

Lumiere

tolly

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:04 PM »

My doc said that if muscles appear very night during the surgery , he will lengthen the tendon simultaneously.There is hardly any content on the net regarding this surgery.  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up