Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updates on clavicle lengthening  (Read 1257 times)

Taciturn

Updates on clavicle lengthening
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:49:33 AM »

So, the function of your clavicles is to attach your arms to your ribcage, and to further assist your scapula to stabilize your arms.

What I know so far is that clavicle lengthening is ABSOLUTELY possible by conventional methods like bone graft or even long bone lengthening via the technique of osteogenesis (bone distraction). 

The important question is...

What will be the impact on the biomechanics of your shoulder joint? Will the disproportionate increase in the bone length of your clavicle cause disharmony in the structure of the shoulder joint? The shoulder joint is a series of interdependent bones, muscles and ligaments, so would an increase of one inch for each clavicle impact that negatively? Your clavicle meets the acromiom tip part of the scapula in what's called the A.C joint. Theoritcally, the increase in length will force your whole upper arm to be pushed out. In what direction I do not know. Will that transfer into visible improvement in width?

Help me answer these questions 

TIBIKE200

Re: Updates on clavicle lengthening
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »

Cosmetic clavicle lengthening will lead to a horrible body shape... You will not look like you imagine.
  Also regarding soft tissue, you will be stretching many many many many more muscles than leg lenthening... Vastus lateralis, romboids, trapezius, pectoralis major and minor, teres muscles etc... You will end up a big mess and who knows how your scapulas will react. In my opinion clavicle lengthening for cosmetic reasons is simple not feasble
I learned some stuff during this time

MirinHeight

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 05:17:07 AM »

Cosmetic clavicle lengthening will lead to a horrible body shape... You will not look like you imagine.
  Also regarding soft tissue, you will be stretching many many many many more muscles than leg lenthening... Vastus lateralis, romboids, trapezius, pectoralis major and minor, teres muscles etc... You will end up a big mess and who knows how your scapulas will react. In my opinion clavicle lengthening for cosmetic reasons is simple not feasble

this. The end result of clavicle lengthening is not what you would imagine it to look like. It will not look good, you will be left with scars and is a very risky procedure
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

lldude

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:41 AM »

Have you considered fat grating?

I've seen some great results online. Workout diligently for a couple of years, add mass to your delts and then go for lipo and transfer the fats to your delts; that is what I intend to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up