Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions you'd like to ask someone who had LL six years ago? Ask them here  (Read 160505 times)

Taller

How have doctors reacted or responded when you tell them that you did this surgery for cosmetic reasons? What kinds of visits/examinations prompted you to feel the need to reveal LL to doctors, and do the doctors document what you reveal to them on terms of LL?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

They haven't had strong reactions at all.  Just "oh, okay" and then they move on.  But pretty much everything you tell a doctor will get documented, even if you didn't come in for that reason.  Doctors like to document stuff.

It mainly came up when I was dealing with LL-related stuff, like scar revision and my fasciotomy surgery.  But it's come up when I was in a wheelchair, and also when I was wearing shorts one time and the doctor saw my scars.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum

When I consulted with an ortho he was astounded that I would do something like this, especially in India of all places. We spent more time discussing the details of my journey than the condition of the legs. He even called people in to show them the x-ray.

One nurse looked disgusted at me, almost like I had raped her or something to a similar effect. It was complete and utter disgust and disdain and like I was the biggest loser she had ever encountered. Completely avoided eye contact the whole time. Why? I don't know. But it goes to prove a point: never tell a female about this, ever.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Overdozer

But it goes to prove a point: never tell a female about this, ever.
Why not? It sorts the dumbest ones out.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

The main reason i wouldnt tell a girl/woman about this surgery is because it would suggest my genes are worse than they initially appeared to be..(i think a big part of why lots of girls want tall guys is because they think they are genetically better than shorter guys)

Polycrates.

Perhaps that is why she appeared as if she had been raped. Maybe she was indeed raped metaphorically, knowing that this type of deception against her instincts exists in the world.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Overdozer

The main reason i wouldnt tell a girl/woman about this surgery is because it would suggest my genes are worse than they initially appeared to be..(i think a big part of why lots of girls want tall guys is because they think they are genetically better than shorter guys)
Honestly, I cancelled that in my area. I know for sure doing this surgery to appeal females is just wrong. Especially them braindead sluts who should care about your genes. You don't want that crap.

Maybe she was indeed raped metaphorically, knowing that this type of deception against her instincts exists in the world.
Yeah, that's a good point. I was having x-ray once at random clinic, and the woman in charge of it asked what's with my legs, I told her I lengthened them and she said something like 'well you can't cheat nature', damn I got pissed and literally felt beating her to death telling her she can't beat death. The only thing that stopped me is the fact I was still wearing frames.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

But if the reason is based on genes, then you cant really blame those girls as it is part of evolution and natural. If a girl drops a guy because she has been mentally conditioned by society that taller guys are better then i agree she is not worth it.

I mean can we really hold it against a person who (maybe only subconciously) is looking for good genes? its different compared to girls who want a bad boy, like the criminals who gets tons of love letters (criminal behavior doesnt suggest good genes, maybe it gives the impression of aggressive behavior and thus alpha genes, but it should be obvious to their instincts that simply being aggressive doesnt translate to being alpha)

Its similar as me wanting to marry a girl with a good looking face, because i want our children to be good looking too, if i found out a good looking girl had done lots of plastic surgery and that she was originally ugly, then i wouldnt be able to date her, because her new look isnt suggestive of her actual genes she will pass on.

Although height is slightly different since it is more affected by the environment/nutrition during the time you grow up, so even people with good genes for height can end up shorter than they should have been based on their genes. the facial features wont change depending on your nutrition during the growth, if anything just minimally.

Taller

I would date a hot girl who had plastic surgery for fun, but would definitely make sure that no kids come out of it if her plastic surgery was extreme! Point is that I can still find a "fake" girl attractive, but wouldn't want my kids to have her genes. I am sure it can work that way for women being attracted to men who had LL. As long as he is proportional, women are still programmed to find tall men attractive subconsciously, regardless of how they got tall. Now, they might take precautions to stop themselves from having that man'a kids (and such a precaution might be rejection), but that is merely the logical part of the brain kicking in, and the logical part of the brain is NOT responsible for attraction. The natural feelings of attraction would still present of the LL patient looks good.

Wannabegiant

I would date a hot girl who had plastic surgery for fun, but would definitely make sure that no kids come out of it if her plastic surgery was extreme! Point is that I can still find a "fake" girl attractive, but wouldn't want my kids to have her genes. I am sure it can work that way for women being attracted to men who had LL. As long as he is proportional, women are still programmed to find tall men attractive subconsciously, regardless of how they got tall. Now, they might take precautions to stop themselves from having that man'a kids (and such a precaution might be rejection), but that is merely the logical part of the brain kicking in, and the logical part of the brain is NOT responsible for attraction. The natural feelings of attraction would still present of the LL patient looks good.

Yeah when i said i wouldnt date a hot girl who had plastic surgery, i basically meant that i wouldnt try to make her my girlfriend, i would bang her though regulary if she was up to it. I just dont want her genes if she was ugly before surgery.

However women are different, they knowing we did a surgery like this would tell them we are insecure, and maybe also shallow with our looks. These personality traits are very off putting to many women, even if they happen to like what they see. Some girls might still want the D, but not date us because of the surgery. personally i wouldnt want to remove the potential of a partnership with anyone who is hot enough to bang (only exception is as mentioned when they had plastic surgery and i knew about it, and they where ugly before)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

MDOW, did you ever get random pain in your thighs while lengthening tibias? Particularly in the hamstrings?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

MDOW, did you ever get random pain in your thighs while lengthening tibias? Particularly in the hamstrings?

No. All my pain was at or below the knees.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Man,  I haven't read of any other tibia lengthening patient having pain on their thighs yet one day the pain in my right hamstring for so bad I needed a shot underneath my thigh for pain relief. Weird.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

Man,  I haven't read of any other tibia lengthening patient having pain on their thighs yet one day the pain in my right hamstring for so bad I needed a shot underneath my thigh for pain relief. Weird.

It could be nerve damage or even early consolidation. A guy in India had that. His fibula fused and pulled the muscles in the thigh.

He was on heavy pain medication but it was unbearable and then they found out about the fibula and had to re break it.
Then right before frame removal it was fused again and had to get a small monorail on it to lengthen it even more.
He was in a world of  .
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

shortkid

Do you regret doing the surgery or was it one of the best decision of your life?

GeTs

Omg you guys saying girls are shallow when most of the time you are even worse, basically you are turning a chick off just because of her looks, add to your personality your height which doesn't help either and you got the reasons why had problems with them

Polycrates.

Them. As if they were a commodity, a collective entity, a stock, a product; something to be traded and bartered for on the open market. Sounds accurate after all...

Overdozer

you cant really blame those girls as it is part of evolution and natural
Yes I can and I will. It should also be natural for a man to rape, if his sperm is rejected. Don't use nature to justify stupidity, we're HUMAN, we should strive as much to get away from our animal instincts.

On top of that you forget completely, ignore the fact that height is influenced hugely by nutrition and overall quality of life, look at the Dutch. And also that we currently have tons of medication to increase height in child.

Can't also compare height to facial features, you can't inject your child rGH to get him prettier. In a perfect, intelligent world, no one should care anyways.

basically you are turning a chick off just because of her looks
Wha... how? How do you know? And even if so, how are we worse exactly, if they're doing the same? Lol

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Do you regret doing the surgery or was it one of the best decision of your life?

I don't regret it.  It sucks being short, and my life is much better now.

IwannaBeTaller

Another stupid question, now that you're taller, has any girl ever said she liked that about you, for example by admiringly saying "you're so tall" ? Did you get compliments from some because of your height, when they were describing you?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Nah, that's never happened.  I guess at 5'10 most girls don't consider me "tall."

Moubgf

Nah, that's never happened.  I guess at 5'10 most girls don't consider me "tall."

But do you consider yourself an item now? like you can begin to construct your avatar and height is just meh at this point. Sure we all would like to be 6'4 but still at 5'8 i feel just a coupe more inches and i would roll my eyes all day.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I'm not sure what you mean by being an item and constructing an avatar.

Moubgf

I'm not sure what you mean by being an item and constructing an avatar.

Like before you did the surgery nothing you ever did mattered. Now that you are taller and "in the game again" Do you feel confident that you got enough height to yeah...construct/improve yourself.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

The opposite, actually.  The need to construct/improve myself is all in the past.  Right now I'm happy with who I am, just being an average person.  Being average is what became okay after the surgery that wasn't okay before.

IwannaBeTaller

One should always look to improve and find himself. Height is not relevant to these things.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

PrettyTall

can I do external  tibia stay like for 2 xeeks  and then go length home ?

Disobedient

Hi MDOW  ;D

I need you to recommend for me any natural supplement that has the same affect as tramadol, 
I noticed  when I took 37mg of tramadol I can walk for long distance without feeling tired, I feel much stronger when I take it, I even be able to walk without walker, just need someone to hold my hand though to sustain my balance,  but the thing is I could complete about 60 min in my feet if i took it , beer would have the same influence,but I cant get beer in hospital  .. and I want to cutout using tramadol, so any recommendation

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Maybe ask your doctor about taking diazepam, lorazepam, or clonazepam.  Those are tranquilizers that have a similar effect to alcohol when taken in high doses.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

can I do external  tibia stay like for 2 xeeks  and then go length home ?

Yes.  That's how the local patients do it in Beijing.

Ajax2thousand20

Lol. I have a friend who's claims he's 6'1" but I'm 99.9 certain he's actually 6'0" and women didn't consider him tall. So Im not surprised they didn't consider you tall.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up