Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions you'd like to ask someone who had LL six years ago? Ask them here  (Read 160469 times)

crimsontide

mmm

will you get surgery soon?

crimsontide

what about heavy duty pt to get ankles more flexible?

ant

Done all kinds of physiotherapy.  Best treatment was heating my ankles up with heat lamp and then Having someone realy strong try and stretch them but the progress is nearly zero.  Aqua therapy was a waste of time.   I need surgical lengthening again but the total recovery time could be several months and they would only do 1 ankle at a time. So to Do both ankles and walk again could take more than a year again. 

crimsontide

i agree, lengthening is needed sometimes

and recovery does take up to 9 months for achilles

but in the long run, its better to fix it now

Puertoricanwasp123

Are you getting any positive comments from people about your height?

ItsMyLife

mdow, is it normal for fibula callus to form much later??

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Are you getting any positive comments from people about your height?

No.  I'm just average for my country now.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

mdow, is it normal for fibula callus to form much later??

I don't know if it's normal, but that's how it happened for me.  My fibulae weren't consolidated yet when the internal nails came out.

Moubgf

No.  I'm just average for my country now.

What country?

ForcedPuberty

are they consolidated now?
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

are they consolidated now?
I don't know.  I haven't had an x-ray since then.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Taller

You've mentioned that you considered lengthening your femurs in the past. Are you still considering lengthening them?

Do you desire to be above average in height, or is average good enough for you? Is it hard for you to accept your height at 5'10? If not, what rationale do you use to feel comfortable with your current height? I am 5'10 as well, and I really don't want to do LL, but I haven't gone a week without thinking negatively about myself due to my height for the last few years, and I want to change that. 6'1-6'2 should do it for me. But, maybe I can avoid LL. I used to think about height every day. Now it's down to a few times per week, which I interpet as progress in the right direction. Do you have any advice in regard to this?

Would you have preferred it if you could have stayed 5'7 but found a way not to care about your height, or did the perks of being average at 5'10 make LL worth it for you, even though it meant being very aware of height descrimination and changing yourself because of it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

You've mentioned that you considered lengthening your femurs in the past. Are you still considering lengthening them?

Do you desire to be above average in height, or is average good enough for you? Is it hard for you to accept your height at 5'10? If not, what rationale do you use to feel comfortable with your current height? I am 5'10 as well, and I really don't want to do LL, but I haven't gone a week without thinking negatively about myself due to my height for the last few years, and I want to change that. 6'1-6'2 should do it for me. But, maybe I can avoid LL. I used to think about height every day. Now it's down to a few times per week, which I interpet as progress in the right direction. Do you have any advice in regard to this?

Would you have preferred it if you could have stayed 5'7 but found a way not to care about your height, or did the perks of being average at 5'10 make LL worth it for you, even though it meant being very aware of height descrimination and changing yourself because of it?

I'm not considering lengthening my femurs anymore.  When I look at myself in the mirror with 2" lifts on, my legs just look too long.  I've decided that being taller isn't even an option for me.  Of course I'd like more lengthening...  who wouldn't want to be 6' or more and enjoy all the benefits of being tall?  However, I no longer feel bad about my height like I did when I was 5'7.  It's something I rarely think about anymore when I'm out in public.  About half the people I see are shorter than me and half are taller, which is fine.

I definitely would prefer to have stayed 5'7 and found a way not to care about my height, but I think that would've been impossible.  LL was necessary for me to be happy with myself.  If there's another way for you to be happy without LL, then that's for the best, but if not then I guess you've got to go for it.

Puertoricanwasp123

How do you feel when you pee with your new height?

What do you feel when you stand near someone who is your former height?

Does hugging feel different?

Do you feel more hungry?

Can you sleep as you did before surgery?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

How do you feel when you pee with your new height?

What do you feel when you stand near someone who is your former height?

Does hugging feel different?

Do you feel more hungry?

Can you sleep as you did before surgery?

At first the toilet looked really low, but I've gotten used to it by now.

Sometimes when I stand next to someone my former height, I'm amazed at how little difference there seems to be.  Maybe that's because my forehead isn't taken into the equation.

Hugging feels different depending on the height of the person.

I don't know if I feel more hungry or not.  I've had other diet/exercise things going on which has muddied the waters.

Puertoricanwasp123

Do you look at yourself more often in the mirror?

With a bigger body can you handle more alcohol now?

ItsMyLife

did u not use lifts before?

or u got higher than ur lifts? :D

Puertoricanwasp123

How much pain did the stomach injections felt like?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Do you look at yourself more often in the mirror?

With a bigger body can you handle more alcohol now?

I actually look at myself less in the mirror because I'm less self-conscious overall since the surgery.

I'm not much of a drinker so there's not enough data to make a conclusion about how much alcohol I can handle.

did u not use lifts before?

or u got higher than ur lifts? :D

I tried a lot of different kinds of lifts but hated them all, so no, I didn't use lifts.  LL was my reaction to how badly I hated them.

How much pain did the stomach injections felt like?

I never had any stomach injections.

Puertoricanwasp123

Are your legs the same length or do they differ?

Can you hop in one leg for 20 seconds?

Moubgf

Now when you watch tv with your friends and obvious heightism commercials pop up maybe subtle message that means taller is better. Are you still aware? Do you feel like you are on the "other side" while watching tv with your friends do you feel as if you all are looking down at the commercial.
As Before (5'7) you where the george in comedy of every sitcom kinda situtation. If you get what i mean.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Are your legs the same length or do they differ?

Can you hop in one leg for 20 seconds?

They're the same length, and I can hop on one leg for much longer than 20 seconds.

Now when you watch tv with your friends and obvious heightism commercials pop up maybe subtle message that means taller is better. Are you still aware? Do you feel like you are on the "other side" while watching tv with your friends do you feel as if you all are looking down at the commercial.
As Before (5'7) you where the george in comedy of every sitcom kinda situtation. If you get what i mean.

That's gotten a lot better.

Puertoricanwasp123

Longest drive after LLS?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I don't know what you mean.

Puertoricanwasp123

I don't know what you mean.

Longest amount of time you spent driving a car post LLS?

Can you sit in your legs like Japanese people do?

Did you ever fall out of balance from being taller?

Uppland

Could you tell us a bit more how your proportions have changed?

Do you move differently with a longer inseam, or do you perhaps have trouble reaching things without bending?

I am also interested if you have gone hiking, climbing or otherwise been active for a few days since your surgery, if so how did that go?

-Have your "explosivness" suffered?

-Did you have long arms before surgery, how do they look now?

Not to make you feel insecure or anything, I'm sure you look great.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Longest amount of time you spent driving a car post LLS?

Can you sit in your legs like Japanese people do?

Did you ever fall out of balance from being taller?

3 hours is the longest I've driven.  Driving isn't a problem at all, as long as I push the seat all the way back and lean the backrest all the way forward.

I can still sit Japanese-style, but it's not comfortable.  Feels like my quads aren't flexible enough, and like there's too much weight on my calves.

Sometimes I wobble a little bit if I'm not paying attention to my balance, but I've never actually fallen.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Could you tell us a bit more how your proportions have changed?

Do you move differently with a longer inseam, or do you perhaps have trouble reaching things without bending?

I am also interested if you have gone hiking, climbing or otherwise been active for a few days since your surgery, if so how did that go?

-Have your "explosivness" suffered?

-Did you have long arms before surgery, how do they look now?

Not to make you feel insecure or anything, I'm sure you look great.

Feels like my strides are shorter, but I don't think they really are.  More like shorter than they should be for someone of my height.  They haven't changed in length since before LL.

I don't hike or climb, but I'm sure I could do it for a trip that lasted a few days.  During my rehab period I walked multiple hours a day every day.

My explosiveness in some ways is reduced, and in other ways it's fine.  I can sprint as well as I used to.  I think I'd have trouble with a sports/army style obstacle course, like when they jump into and out of tires.  Hopping around is also slower and more difficult than it was before.

Puertoricanwasp123

Do you eat healthier now?

ReadRothbard

Did you have Achilles' tendon lengthening along with your tibial lengthening?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up