Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best preparation for LL?  (Read 473 times)

arnoldhams10

• Visitor
Best preparation for LL?
« on: May 30, 2023, 05:41:51 AM »

Hello all,

I'm a 24 year old, fit, and athletic male. I'm moderately flexible, however, I'm running and stretching 3 times a day as a means of prep.

Is there a specific amount of time of prep before getting this surgery done, specifically, the precise nail in the femurs for 2.5 inches. I'm looking to get this done within the next couple months.

Any advice on a timeframe or preparation regiment? Thanks

jerrytheman

Re: Best preparation for LL?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 08:29:29 AM »

nah just do some light stretching for maybe 15 mins a day on your legs 3-4 days a week for a month and you’re good. That’s about all I did, and stopped squatting as well. I am 60mm in and tightness hasn’t been much of an issue so far. But be prepared to stretch a bunch while lengthening. Prob 2-3 hours a day for me

Hagane

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 07:51:36 PM »

your best bet would be to focus on upper body strength and reducing body fat
dips really help and translate especially well when youre using the walker especially getting out of bed

Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

jerrytheman

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 11:22:14 PM »

he just said hes 24 and fit and athletic. If you're anywhere around normal you don't have to focus on upper body. You're not going into a bench competition afterwards. if you're a weak fat guy then yeah, you prob wanna slim down and work on dips.

Carlos Uriel

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 01:58:30 PM »

Hello. I didnt do any strestchign prep for my LL FEMUR since am always fit. I would hightly recommend to strenght your mind and thoughts and be prepare mentally more than physcially. Everything will go very slow and painful, but you will be okay. I started walking wihtout assitances 3 months after phase 1. Then 2 months after walking i recovered my muscles and muscled legs :) good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up