Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering Limb Lengthening  (Read 470 times)

funky328

• Visitor
Considering Limb Lengthening
« on: December 01, 2018, 12:31:40 PM »

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum - I've just ready a bunch of post regarding Limb lengthening and I would like your advice.

I'm 5'2 - 157.5cm tall and I'm thinking of doing Limb lengthening. I'm a pretty laidback guy, confident except for the lingering thought of how short I am. It's funny - My dad is 179cm tall, Same as my younger brother who is about 180cm tall. My mother is about 165cm tall. My younger sister is also taller than me. I honestly don't know why I didn't grow. I consulted with a Doctor last April 2017 and was measured to be 154cm tall yet they had told me my growth plates had fused, so I recorded a 3cm growth in height over a year and a half.

TallerDream

Re: Considering Limb Lengthening
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »

damn man that must be really depressing and heart breaking.. I am 5'8 1/2 (174cm) and I really hate my stature, if I was 5'2 I would probably have committed suicide by now but hang in there. I just think there has to be an explanation as to why you turned out so short when your parents are clearly far from short and your brother has grown to be slightly taller than your dad. Do you recall having had health issues when you were a kid? Some medications when treating illnesses can stunt growth in children so that could've been the cause. For example, when I was a kid I suffered from bad asthma and had to be treated with corticosteroids and there are studies claiming them to stunt growth but then I look at my brother who's just 1-2cm taller than me and my father who's around 3 inches shorter than me and I conclude that probably this is just how I was meant to be as a grown man. Whether the things I took impacted my growth or not will never really know for sure.  Malnourishment is probably not the reason why you haven't grown since I'm guessing you were born and raised in a first world country. I do not know your budget but I'd say you should lengthen both segments so you can really change your life and escape the stigma of being short in today's society. Perhaps you should do 8cm femurs with the most recent STRYDE nail, but it's expensive, and another 5-6cm on your tibias. With a further 14cm you would become around 173cm in shoes, pretty much average on a worldwide scale.

funky328

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

Thanks for your response. I had asthma when I was younger and an injury at the growth plate of one of my legs. The doctor said It shouldn't affect my growth. I also think that lengthening to 173cm would be way too extreme. I think being 162-163cm tall would be perfect. It'd definitely have a good impact on my life. I was considering lengthening the femurs 5-6cm. I do have the financial means to do the surgery, yet I'm not sold due to the future complications and no reliable long term diaries to make such a judgement.
By the way, I'm quite a happy person - I have great overall relationships with friends and with women. What's most hurtful is to see my younger siblings shoot up taller than me. Especially my father and my younger brother.

heightconsultant

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

By the way, I'm quite a happy person - I have great overall relationships with friends and with women. What's most hurtful is to see my younger siblings shoot up taller than me. Especially my father and my younger brother.
If you are confident in all other areas, including relationships and business/education, and do not see any prejudice due to your height, if it does not affect the quality of your life, why face the pain and possible risks of LL? With all respect to your opinions, personally I would not go to LL only based on the fact that my other family members are taller than me.

funky328

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »

I don't really know. I'm just unhappy with my height. I feel like there is a need to explain myself when I go out in public and especially in social settings - makes me feel inferior
Pages: [1]   Go Up