Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could limb lengthening methods be used to make the pelvis wider?  (Read 631 times)

Jiveyow

• Visitor
Could limb lengthening methods be used to make the pelvis wider?
« on: December 27, 2019, 02:43:47 AM »

I'm a woman who would like to make their pelvis wider in order to have a more attractive waist-hip ratio. I don't have enough body fat to do fat transfer and I feel the results with silicone hip implants don't look very good.

Is there any possibility that limb lengthening methods could be adapted to widen the pelvis? It seems to me it should be possible, but would require placing two nails (one in each ilium).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Could limb lengthening methods be used to make the pelvis wider?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 04:26:55 AM »

I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work in theory.  Oral surgeons already use a similar technique for orthognathic surgery.  That technology would probably be more easily adapted to the hips than the devices used for legs.

afaq379006

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »

you should start taking good diet. do workout especially booty workout. you can achieve bigger pelvis and hip area. it is bad nutrition and bad lifestyle and mindset which is telling you that you have small waist area.

Jiveyow

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »

I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work in theory.  Oral surgeons already use a similar technique for orthognathic surgery.  That technology would probably be more easily adapted to the hips than the devices used for legs.

Thanks for your response. I didn't know distraction osteogenesis was being used in orthgnathics. Is this the kind of technique you're talking about?: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics/craniofacial/services/distraction/

Do you have any idea how this could be applied to the pelvis?

you should start taking good diet. do workout especially booty workout. you can achieve bigger pelvis and hip area. it is bad nutrition and bad lifestyle and mindset which is telling you that you have small waist area.

While exercise can help with giving your glutes/butt more projection, it can't make them wider.

Montreal172

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 04:21:41 AM »

Its not feasible in the days and age.
I mean LL as is with a bone that is essentially a straight line has its lot of complications.
Hips with are more complex intricate bones Pelvis, ilium, ischium.
Take for example people who have hip replacement on one side.
They tend to never walk the same, and need to change the implant within years.
My best advice is to focus exercises that solely target your glutes.
It may take a while but it is possible unlike height which is fixed.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 05:44:26 AM »

Thanks for your response. I didn't know distraction osteogenesis was being used in orthgnathics. Is this the kind of technique you're talking about?: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics/craniofacial/services/distraction/

Yeah, something like that.

Do you have any idea how this could be applied to the pelvis?
Nothing beyond "break the bone, then stretch the gap with the device somehow." :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up