Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fêmur G-nail - increase  (Read 1047 times)

increase

Fêmur G-nail - increase
« on: June 01, 2023, 11:19:20 PM »

I had surgery on January 17th with Dr. Giotikas. I reached 8.5 cm but I had complications that are being resolved in my own country (Brazil), Dr. Richard Luzzi. that's why I advise anyone who is Brazilian and wants to do it abroad, before looking for doctors here in their own country. even though there is only ISKD, it would still be worth doing here. (Lower cost and more experienced doctor).

informationispower

Re: Fêmur G-nail - increase
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 11:21:33 PM »

what complication?

increase

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 11:26:52 PM »

G-nail bent, had to remove and put another one with a 13mm fracture

Newyork

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 05:42:34 PM »

This is true, doctor Giotikas has had alot of complications lately, he is not the only one who operates on patients there is also another doctor who operates with doctor Giotikas and he has caused alot of complications. There have been some gnail cases of bending and also precise nails bending, patients needing to pay thousands to replace their nails.

Marie_Bard

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 06:02:07 AM »

I think the other doctor is just his assistant, doesn't do LL  on his own. What did he advise you about weight bearing after suegery? Did you follow it? how much do you weigh? TSorry for asking so many questions

increase

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 01:00:25 PM »

Yes, I followed all the directions. I walked 30 minutes a day just to go to my physical therapy or to the bathroom. Dr G. had told me the 1 hour limit. weight 68kg. weight bearing was misleading advertising in my view.

Maalane

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 04:08:29 PM »

Im really worried about this, I will have surgery on june 27. with G-nail.
I weigh 67 kg, but I dont know, if being extra careful is enough to prevent any bending.
19M  current height 172,5 target 179,5 - 180,5
Wingspan≈176
Sitting height≈90
my diary- http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=83262.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 04:22:43 PM »

Assume that weight bearing means "it won't collapse and implode instantly if you put weight on it", I guess.

LimbExtender

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 01:40:16 PM »

I can also confirm the issues with the gnail and precice nail.  There have been a lot of issues with bent nails, bent screws, screws backing out.

Limblengtheningwarrior

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 06:38:46 AM »

It is true. There is even one patient who Dr G allowed him to walk without crutches but one month later the lower part screws broke. So people start to rethink of "full weight bearing" of the G-nail

Brazzy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »

I had surgery on January 17th with Dr. Giotikas. I reached 8.5 cm but I had complications that are being resolved in my own country (Brazil), Dr. Richard Luzzi. that's why I advise anyone who is Brazilian and wants to do it abroad, before looking for doctors here in their own country. even though there is only ISKD, it would still be worth doing here. (Lower cost and more experienced doctor).
Hey Increase, thanks for the advice and I hope you a speedy recovery. I’m also Brazilian but leaving overseas. As you advised, I would much prefer doing the surgery in Brazil, rather than Greece or Turkey. Do you know what is Dr Luzzi’s prices and what nails he uses?

increase

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 12:52:35 PM »

he does LON and Internal with ISKD, because there is only this rod approved by ANVISA in Brazil. LON about 140k and ISKD about 180k. I had bought an ISKD rod, but since I gave up making it in Brazil and fell into the nonsense of making it in Greece, I still have it, which is for sale by HCL, I think they are asking for a lower value for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up