Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rant  (Read 1018 times)

wants2growtaller

Rant
« on: June 11, 2021, 09:57:31 AM »

When I was younger I never experienced heightism. I ONLY started experiencing heightism after 2005. And full blown heightism starting 2011.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

Re: Rant
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »

When I was younger i never experience any type of heightism towards me. I had friends, I had teachers that liked me. Everyone knew who i was and no bullied me. I was fully accepted. The same thing happen when I was in high school and during my college years. Absolutely no heightism.

It was until like After my college years that i beginning experiencing of series of unfortunate events that i did not know why it was happening. Until 2011 I started to realize that what i looked like had something to do with how i started to get mistreated. So like some of you i started to dress better etc to see if that would improve how others treated me but it didnt.

Now this past decade and onward has been hell. Everyday i discovered how much the world truly hates short people. Short people are physically abused, mistreated, discriminated, treated injusticely, etcetc and no one cares. Not one person think maybe this isnt right. its just accepted because the world all think we are inferior because of our height. They dont care if you have a lot of talent, or if you are intelligent, or if you had great character. They dont care how nice you were. All they care and still care about is how you look. We are all treated or mistreated based on how we look. And thats a reality. They want the total package. A nice great body so they can fulfill their lustful desire and have something nice to look at.

My home life begin to deteriorate as i had to move back home. I have been chased around by my mother with a machete, a hammer, a chainsaw? Why because i tried to advocate on the lives of short people. But that didnt work. My mom would swing a physical weapon at me if i didnt shut up and accept the mistreatment that she offered me. Why because I was short and somehow deserved it.

Being short has taught me in general people are evil. I know some people say oh you shouldnt over generalize but i will. All of these social justice movements are not about humanity its about who qualifies and deserve to be treated like a person and who does not.  I have been denied jobs, fired, laid off, denied housing, etc medical treatment all because of my height.

The reality, The biggest bullies are not children. They are adults. I am convinced that if children bully someone else its because they have witness their parents or older adults do it. All prejudices are learned behavior. Learned behavior conscious or subconcious passed down from one generation to another.

This is my story of being a short woman in this cruel world.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:58:14 PM by wants2growtaller »
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:14:16 PM »

This is my story of being a short woman in this cruel world.

How tall are you?  My mom is 4'10 and she didn't experience heightism.  One time a waiter brought her a kids' menu in a restaurant when she was with the rest of the family.  The waiter apologized profusely.  You didn't experience heightism until after college, but are you sure you experienced it at all?  Could those people have been treating you badly for some other reason?

wants2growtaller

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 02:27:18 PM »

Well i think one of the problem with heightism is when short people speak about the negative treatment they receive because of their height a lot of time they are not taken seriously, and a lot of people dismiss their claim. im a 100 percent positive that i experience heightism. But like all isms, some people experience more or less prejudice according to their location,  time of day etc. There are some successful short people, palestinian people etc But it doesnt mean there isnt prejudice towards those groups.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »

Such an Unpleasant experience, some people are just full of crap.

Stay strong

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »

I was always much younger than my classmates in school so it was natural for me to be shorter so I never got bullied for it. Unfortunately once I was in college and stopped growing that excuse went away...
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

wants2growtaller

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 09:07:37 PM »

Such an Unpleasant experience, some people are just full of crap.

Stay strong

Thank you for your support.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 09:08:02 PM »

I was always much younger than my classmates in school so it was natural for me to be shorter so I never got bullied for it. Unfortunately once I was in college and stopped growing that excuse went away...

That's basically what happen to me.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:45:22 PM »

whats yo height
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

TheDream

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 01:02:37 AM »

Heightism definitely exists in the form of taller men being more physically attractive and more physically imposing while the opposite is true for shorter men.
But I also think one should be careful not to make it worse than it is. If you feel it is affecting your life that much it probably isn’t your height which is the main factor but your behavior and mental state responding in an extreme manner.

If you bring heightism up in conversation and paint yourself as a victim it will make you unpopular.

Astronomy

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 01:16:42 AM »

I'm only 162ish and having eye floaters as well.Still struggling to live.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 01:19:38 AM »

Heightism definitely exists in the form of taller men being more physically attractive and more physically imposing while the opposite is true for shorter men.
But I also think one should be careful not to make it worse than it is. If you feel it is affecting your life that much it probably isn’t your height which is the main factor but your behavior and mental state responding in an extreme manner.

If you bring heightism up in conversation and paint yourself as a victim it will make you unpopular.

Thats what a lot of people said about denying racism. For decades people denied police brutality against black and brown people. It wasnt until they started recording the brutality until people started to believing. Its very hurtful to dismiss someone elses pain and experience. if someone is saying that this is what is happening to them why do we have to diminish their experience?

i am convince that the reason why a lot of people are doing CLL is because of heightism. From what I have read, Cll is no walk in the park, and its certainly not for the weak of heart. If someone is willing to quit their job, travel unknown to another country to get CLl done it means their short height has negatively impacted them in their life. While its true that some are just doing it because they just dont like how they look and maybe their short height has nothing to do with it\

But human nature in  general doesnt like to get out of their comfort zone unless its necessary. Human nature doesnt like to make these big sacrifices unless its utterly necessary. Its your choice to not believe me. But Heightish has negatively impacted my life and thats a fact. Just like it has negatively impacted other peoples lives as well.

I dont believe im victim shaming or humiliating victims. There Is no shame in saying Yes I have been a victim of a crime or injustice. it doesnt make me weak , it makes me honest to what happen to me.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 09:04:22 PM »

But human nature in  general doesnt like to get out of their comfort zone unless its necessary. Human nature doesnt like to make these big sacrifices unless its utterly necessary. Its your choice to not believe me. But Heightish has negatively impacted my life and thats a fact. Just like it has negatively impacted other peoples lives as well.

I dont believe im victim shaming or humiliating victims. There Is no shame in saying Yes I have been a victim of a crime or injustice. it doesnt make me weak , it makes me honest to what happen to me.

Truer words have never been spoken man. I am currently on day 5 post OP AND MY goodness While I won’t tell anyone not to go for LL. I wouldn’t suggest LON. It is painful.

I personally can speak for myself. I do well with women. No doubt but I have been rejected for my height. That being said my motive for doing this wasn’t all about women. There is a level of confidence that you have when you’re taller than average.

PM For any questions you may have. You are making legitimate points.

Some people would compare this to a woman getting her butt or breast don’t but the truth is these are not even comparable at all BUT if as a woman you should lack in womanly features then I can only imagine how tough it would be for men to select you. And the same goes for height in men.
Meh.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 02:47:40 AM »

Thank you.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2021, 06:16:00 PM »

Meh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up