Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar  (Read 418288 times)

crimsontide

Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar
« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2015, 09:23:29 PM »

subsidence is overrated

pretty much everyone  keeps all their height

microman

« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2015, 09:38:07 PM »

yeah some forum posts mentinoed i might lose up to 2mm on the mitkovic device due to pin bending, not sure how true that is though, i will have to ask him.

im glad you got your full height though.

Arch

« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2015, 09:40:08 PM »

How bad was your equinus?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #592 on: August 05, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

Yea it's possible I may have gained a little more than 6 cm because of spinal compression throughout the day, but either way it's just a nice thing mentally that I'm officially at the 5'7 mark.

How bad was your equinus?

Only my toes could touch the ground, and it happened suddenly as in one night my feet were completely neutral and the next morning I stood up and I had equinus.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Overdozer

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:42 AM »

Only my toes could touch the ground, and it happened suddenly as in one night my feet were completely neutral and the next morning I stood up and I had equinus.
May I ask what did you do to get rid of it? And how is your dorsiflexion currently?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

microman

« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »

had a word with my doctor, he said there is a chance you could lose 1.5mm of height due to pin bending, he said with ilzarov you could lose 4mm!

just thought i'd throw that out there.

so your final height is 170, im so sure you said your starting height was 164 then you said 165. i think you should use a medical stadiometer to measure your height to make sure, that's what i use.

may i ask if you plan to wear any lifts and are you considering a 2nd LL, sorry if this has been asked before, we are both in the same boat you and I so im interested.

personally post op. i will be wearing lifts, likely 4cm to be an aweome height hehe, ill just be like tom cruise in that regard.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »

May I ask what did you do to get rid of it? And how is your dorsiflexion currently?

I'd use the zimmer frame and walk around my office for a half hour at a time, pressing my heels down as far as they would go with each step. Another exercise that helped was to stand and hold on to the frame, put one foot forward, and with the other foot put all my weight on it and try to push my heel to the floor as much as possible for as long as I could hold it, then switch legs and do the same thing.

Also had to go back to using the foot straps tied to the frame while sleeping at night. I stopped using them because I could never get any sleep and it set me back in progress quite a bit. Once I got back to using them at night, the progress with the stretching during the day was a lot faster.

I haven't measured my dorsiflexion exactly, but I'll get it done at the physical therapy office at the end of this month. I believe it's around pre-op level though (which was still less than average according to the hospital physio).

had a word with my doctor, he said there is a chance you could lose 1.5mm of height due to pin bending, he said with ilzarov you could lose 4mm!

just thought i'd throw that out there.

so your final height is 170, im so sure you said your starting height was 164 then you said 165. i think you should use a medical stadiometer to measure your height to make sure, that's what i use.

may i ask if you plan to wear any lifts and are you considering a 2nd LL, sorry if this has been asked before, we are both in the same boat you and I so im interested.

personally post op. i will be wearing lifts, likely 4cm to be an aweome height hehe, ill just be like tom cruise in that regard.

The loss would really just be your turns not matching up with your actual distraction. For the first few mm a lot of it is due to muscle resistance, but once everything is in place you shouldn't lose your actual distraction amount that's shown from an x-ray measurement. That's what my doc told me and my gain seems to match up with what the x-ray showed for total distraction.

I thought before getting measured before surgery that I was exactly 165, but it turned out to be 164. Got measured with the stadiometer at the doctor's office so I'm sure it's exactly 170 cm in the afternoon.

I tried multiple types of lifts before and hated all of them because by the end of the day I'd have bad pain in my feet and lower back. Lifts are a no go for sure.

As for another leg lengthening, I really couldn't pull it off without getting an arm lengthening done as well. At the moment it looks like I'm done, but if I happen to have a lot of time and am financially better off with my business a few years down the line, I may consider it.

microman

« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »

no im refering to the x ray saying 5.0cm at the end of distraction, then you remove the device and if you took a new x ray it would say 4.9cm.

it apparently does happen, but only some of the time, and no way to tell, i have seen old posts on the old forum about this a few times, maybe its only a 5% chance and 1mm at most, maybe it can only be checked if you do another x ray after removal, maybe people don't bother.

oh right so your 170, i will be that height after my LL.

i think rg key has pic of him in 4cm lifts, i would say given our final height we should put up with lifts of some kind, we would be like tom cruise who is 170 in lifts to a great height of 174.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:05:04 PM by microman »

MRbones

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »

its only if you remove the device early, or if you get pin bending, or if the x ray was inaccurate.

microman

« Reply #598 on: August 07, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »

but is there anyway to tell if you have pin bending before the removing of the device? and anyway to sort that.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:33 PM »

but is there anyway to tell if you have pin bending before the removing of the device? and anyway to sort that.

You can see the bent pins in the x-rays.

microman

« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »

okay great so if my x ray says 5.0 cm and there is no bent pins visible on the x ray i will get 5.0cm of height upon frame removal.

thanks.

lumiere

« Reply #601 on: August 07, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »

I saw some picture of you without frames on, it's really unviewable you had lengthened your tibiae... Cou you post a frontal picture of you??

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2015, 12:50:26 AM »

Attempt at Revealing Proportions (8/7/2015)
I had the pictures taken at a few different angles and distances to try and give a good sense of what my proportions are currently. I suppose the most detailed would be a nked pic, but I won't go that far just yet. For your eye convenience I've also blurred out my penis bulge so you don't feel like you're looking at softcore erotica.  :D

The angle the pic is taken definitely matters with the perception of how long the tibs look in relation to femurs. I can't quite say if my proportions now are good or bad, but I think it's a given that I can't pull off a femur lengthening without an arm lengthening, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to go that far. Right now my biggest peeve is that I look like the dude that skipped leg day at the gym throughout his entire life. Can't wait until I'm allowed to exercise them again in comparable intensity to when I was on the wrestling team in college.

Arch

« Reply #603 on: August 08, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »

That looks perfectly fine, nobody will notice that, but once you recover 100% you must train your calves, than it will be perfect :)

Uppland

« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:27 AM »

This is a 6CM increase?

Your tibiae looks about equal to your femur length or perhaps slightly less. I would assume your surgeon measured them thouroughly so it suprises me a bit that you don't know for sure. Proportionally you look alright (I say this as a fanatical proportions nazi), your legs look long but not strangely so and your arms are on the stubby side. Perhaps show us a picture in shoes?

You get plus points thanks to your haircut, very cool.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2015, 01:25:20 AM »

Looks so so. Not bad as many guys who had surgery with Dr. Sarin but you have high amount of x legs. Maybe Paley can fix it for you before you get joint issue. This is why I wont do this in India.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #606 on: August 08, 2015, 01:30:38 AM »

I think you could pull off femur lengthening.  Maybe you're used to seeing yourself as a person with a thick body and that's why it looks off to you, but it doesn't to me.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #607 on: August 08, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »

Looks so so. Not bad as many guys who had surgery with Dr. Sarin but you have high amount of x legs. Maybe Paley can fix it for you before you get joint issue. This is why I wont do this in India.

X-legs is when the tibias point outward.  He doesn't have x-legs.

bluebarbie

« Reply #608 on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:47 AM »

Thumbs up, KiloKAHN. Yeh, u just need some work out on those legs and they'll be perfect.
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

lumiere

« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »

Is that only 6 cm? Honestly I shoud say that I think that it is visible that you lengthened, but not too much... Maybe it's just because I know it :)

microman

« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »

it would be good to find out tibia and femur length.

theuprising

« Reply #611 on: August 08, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »

it would be good to find out tibia and femur length.

Yes they look to be quite close but he still looks fine. I would not recommend more lengthening
as you would need to lengthen your arms and then all other sorts of weird proportion issues pop
up. Like others said once you start going to the gym you'll look better.

Taller

« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »

I agree with MDOW that you could definitely pull off femoral lengthening if you decided later that you wanted it. Your torso would easily handle it. But you look badass as is. What's your weight post LL?

KrP1

« Reply #613 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »

have you got your full legs xrays before surgery or now? , measure your femur in the xray, then your tibia and do this:

tibia/femur= x to know your ratio

microman

« Reply #614 on: August 08, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

if you were 166 before the operation do you think you would have stopped at 5cm, in other words you went that extra cm due to your start height more than anything.

how would you rate the difficulty of going from 5cm to 6cm, i noticed your lengthening rate wasn't lowered a whole lot so i assume it can't be that bad.

Taller

« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »

Since you're too old to have grown naturally, do you foresee the change in height causing any issues when you renew your driver's license?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #616 on: August 08, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »

You look fine height wise, but you look high-kneed, just as I do in the thread with my pic in the proportions segment. I think 6-7cm can be accomplished on anyone, but it should be done 3cm tibia, 4cm femur, to prevent this high knee look. Just stands out so much, and there's not much you can do to hide it, since the joint is so exposed to the eye's view.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #617 on: August 08, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »

I think you could pull off femurs pretty easily as well. You might even look better with 5-6cm on femurs than you do now. If I could go back, it's what I'd do going to Mitkovic. Do femurs, then tibia while femurs consolidate.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

microman

« Reply #618 on: August 08, 2015, 09:45:15 PM »

im guessing your tib and femur are the same length, but i'd like to know.

personally i want to keep the ratio more natural so closer to 0.8, so in my case i may lean towards 5cm instead of 6cm lengthening.

MRbones

« Reply #619 on: August 08, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »

I think you could pull off femurs pretty easily as well. You might even look better with 5-6cm on femurs than you do now. If I could go back, it's what I'd do going to Mitkovic. Do femurs, then tibia while femurs consolidate.

wrong order. don't do it that way, tibia first and then femurs while tibia consolidate.

im doing both tibia and femur back to back with mitkovic.

if you have the money go to guitchet for femurs. the pain for external femurs is unbelievable. i don't recommend femurs for weaklings, its on a completely different level than tibias.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33   Go Up