Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have any tips specific to the Baltimore region?  (Read 319 times)

IncorrectHorseBattery

• Visitor
Anyone have any tips specific to the Baltimore region?
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:31:53 AM »

I am planning a surgery in the Baltimore area with one of the doctors as Sinai hospital. I'm just looking for any tips, tricks, or guidance that may be specific to the area/hospital.

Could be anything: takeaway/restaurant recommendations, ways to pass time, living recommendations to name a few

Height Journey

Re: Anyone have any tips specific to the Baltimore region?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:17:17 AM »

While you are lengthening or in the early consolidation phases, you won't be going out to see the main tourist attractions, even with a full weight bearing nail or fixator. Even if you are able to partially walk and drive, you'll only be driving out a few miles at most. For food, just look up on the internet for delivery or pickup (if you can). Food delivery apps like UberEats or DoorDash are very helpful.

To pass time, you'll likely be very busy with PT and resting/sleeping, so basic internet is enough (it was for me and others). If you are not working, you may have time to subscribe to internet TV or Netflix, but it's best to cancel those subscriptions, then possibly subscribe if you need it once you figure out your schedule while lengthening.

Housing - Hackerman Patz house is the best deal, but available rooms are limited and you need to reserve months early. Other than that, you'll have to find housing the standard way on the internet.
3.7cm tibias with Precice 2.2 nails in 2022
7.0cm femurs with Precice 2.2 nails in 2021

YouTube: YouTube.com/HeightJourney
Pages: [1]   Go Up