Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your initial tibia to femur ratio?

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (11.1%)
- 0 (0%)
- 4 (44.4%)
- 1 (11.1%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 19, 2021, 04:28:14 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia to femur ratio  (Read 764 times)

chasing_higher_dream

• Life is what you make it
Tibia to femur ratio
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:28:14 AM »

I am interested to know what are the initial tibia to femur ratio of the members on this forum.

The average tibia to femur ratio is said to be 80% and the first standard deviation ranges from 77% to 83%.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - May 2021
Height (night):  170 cm --> 178 cm
Wingspan: 174 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66215.0

DonBones

Re: Tibia to femur ratio
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 06:17:57 AM »

Good idea this, sadly there are not many replies. Something that will complicate this is the fact that self-reported measurements will almost always be wrong. Only reliable way to do this is via xrays.

Anyways, hopefully more people will give us some data.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

a

• 5'9
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 05:41:36 PM »

Hello DonBones,

Are you happy with the result? Because as I see we have the same conditions. I'd also like to reach 5'11 by lengthening the femurs.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

DonBones

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 07:24:54 AM »

Hello DonBones,

Are you happy with the result? Because as I see we have the same conditions. I'd also like to reach 5'11 by lengthening the femurs.

I am not done yet so everything I say is strictly provisional :)

So far I am very happy, yes. Even at 1 inch I could see a significant difference (a could my wife), likely because my height is at a favourable spot on the bell curve. I (and you) can overtake a considerable amount of men, likely 5% or so, with every cm gained. When I came back to London I had lengthened 2.9cm and even at that point I felt considerably taller, judging by how many more men were suddenly shorter than I. Now at 5cm of course it's even better - I feel like I have an entirely normal height. Even among ethnic whites about half are shorter than I am, which is enough for me :)

I can also tell you that I had no nerve pains or other excruciating sensations while going for the 5cm, and even without an ITB release did not develop wide legs or duck ass. This means for you that if you go until 5cm you may be able to maintain very good function too, which in my humble opinion is absolutely essential. Moreover, my T:F ratio is now 77%, which  means I have fairly long but still normal femurs, which to me is also very important as I did not want to fix one problem by creating another. This is another advantage of a conservative lengthening goal.

To sum it up, so far I am happy and I think you will be too. It will be enough to completely change your perspective, literally and figuratively :)
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation
Pages: [1]   Go Up