Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bow legs correction and height  (Read 590 times)

Kal el

Bow legs correction and height
« on: April 11, 2020, 11:30:08 PM »

Hey guys i think i have bow legs Coz my legs do look a little bit bowed and also i have external tibial torsion or duck foot in which the feet are curved outwards from the knee line..and duck foot is a complementary condition with bow legs..and in d future i wanna do CLL so guys do u think i can gain some height from my bow leg correction straight away during CLL..i mean without even normal extension which is the CLL part..if u guys know anything about it please tell me..coz it will be a advantage for me in this process..thanks for any update on this matter.

California2

Re: Bow legs correction and height
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:14:41 PM »

Purely external lengthening can BOTH add height AND correct bowed legs.  However, this procedure means you could be in external frames for about one year. 

Internal lengthening or external lengthening using a LON or LATN method cannot address bowed legs because insertion of a rod or nail prevents manipulation and realignment of the tibia.  That is, once a rod or nail is inserted, you can only extend the bone along the line of the nail.  To address bowed legs, you need to be able to adjust bone alignment which can only be done with a purely external procedure.

If you are interested in that type of commitment, contact someone like the Solomin/Kulesh team. 

However again, whether or not any surgery is available during the COVID-19 pandemic remains to be seen.  Stated differently, you may have plenty of time to consider your options because elective surgeries may not resume for a couple of years.

limewalk

Re: Bow legs correction and height
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »

LATN is lengthening on external frames and then nailing after lengthening. It allows axis correction during lengthening phase. After the nail is inserted, that's the final state.
Pages: [1]   Go Up