Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: People over 5 9"  (Read 56814 times)

DREAM

People over 5 9"
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:35:03 AM »

Why the hell would you want to do this surgery????? you are at the average height of majority of western population. I don't understand, if i was 5 9' i would never considered this surgery the cost outweigh the benefits look at Sweden and Poly, the   that happen to them can happen to you. I am only doing it cause my life sucks now as the fact if you're 5 5' you experience real disadvantages in life,

Blackhawk

Re: People over 5 9"
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:46:35 AM »

I'm 5'6" and I understand your point of view.  3 inches would do wonders for me but there are so many tall people above 6' that I can understand them wanting to do it.  But going to India doesn't seem worth it for anyone right now.

DREAM

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:48:00 AM »

Exactly. Bone infection, non-unions this is just crazy.

DREAM

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »

I don't know who to trust and whether information given by doctors are valid. I can't afford the top tier doctors so my options are either Russia or Serbia.

Blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 05:55:33 AM »

Russia and Serbia sound like good options and I would be headed there this year if I had the time.  But I'm working on a masters degree and I work right now.  I should be able to go in 3 years so I'll have plenty of time to save for Guichet, Betz or another top surgeon.

IamAndrew

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »

I'm 5'7" but my wingspan and posture make people think I'm 5'9". I actually met with my father a few days ago and jokingly told him I'm the same height as Bruce Lee and Tom Cruise and he could not believe it (I don't wear lifts or inserts either).

I would be so happy tho to actually be 5'9". People say 5'9" is short but it can look really good on the right build. Also have to take into consideration a lot of the people who say they are "5'9" are actually 1-2 inches shorter. Actors listed as 5'10" and maybe a few 5'11" are actually real 5'9", and friends always BS their height. A solid 5'9" actually looks legit and decent. And man, even a solid 5'8" can look good if you are in good shape. You could also easily wear 1" inserts to get 5'9" after that. You could hit that with 1 CLL starting from 5'5".

Russia and Serbia are good options. I am really thinking of external tibs at Serbia someday.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:38:30 AM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

sadboy

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »

And what is exactly wrong with a guy who is 5'9" and wants to do LL or become taller? Each person has their own reasons for wanting to be taller, maybe they are suffering from their height (whether it is the average height or not).
Either way you should be comprehending these people since you both feel the same way and both want to achieve the same goal.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »

Why the hell would you want to do this surgery????? you are at the average height of majority of western population. I don't understand, if i was 5 9' i would never considered this surgery the cost outweigh the benefits look at Sweden and Poly, the s**t that happen to them can happen to you. I am only doing it cause my life sucks now as the fact if you're 5 5' you experience real disadvantages in life,

Has it ever occurred to that some people want to be tall, you stupid retard? The only people who make statements like this are insecure men who envy the height of taller members. Also, 5' 9" is short in several European countries, so they should not have to accept being a couple of inches below the average height of their country just because some insecure pussy is having an angsty moan about taller leg-lengtheners the Internet.

Stop discriminating, get over it and stop being a bítch.

mediocre

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »

Height neurosis is relative.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »

When I was 5'5, I didn't understand people considering to do LL when they were already around 5'9. I thought it was unnecessary. I didn't envy them, it's just that 5'9 seemed good enough.

Now, at almost 5'8, I do understand them. I understand them perfectly :D

There's good, and then there's better.

It's like living in a nice home, having a nice car.. And thinking about buying a yacht. It's capitalism at its finest. And why not? It seems to me that we only live once.. Do what makes you happy.

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »

Has it ever occurred to that some people want to be tall, you stupid retard? The only people who make statements like this are insecure men who envy the height of taller members. Also, 5' 9" is short in several European countries, so they should not have to accept being a couple of inches below the average height of their country just because some insecure pussy is having an angsty moan about taller leg-lengtheners the Internet.

I don't think he was discriminating.  I think if you are 5'5" then being just 2 or 3 inches taller is a huge difference and 5'9" sounds amazing.  I can see why someone doesn't understand getting LL at an average height in many countries.

Calling someone a stupid and a pussy without considering their point of view is stupid.  And calling someone a retard??  Well it's pretty easy to conclude that you FrankGarrett are a piece of s**t?

Stay classy Frank!  ;)

G-Man

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »

I don't think he was discriminating.  I think if you are 5'5" then being just 2 or 3 inches taller is a huge difference and 5'9" sounds amazing.  I can see why someone doesn't understand getting LL at an average height in many countries.

Calling someone a stupid and a pussy without considering their point of view is stupid.  And calling someone a retard??  Well it's pretty easy to conclude that you FrankGarrett are a piece of s**t?

Stay classy Frank!  ;)
Well said!  We are all here because of the same reason, we want to be taller no matter what our height is.  I like this forum where we all share the same goal and are passionate about it.  It is a bit like a big family where people won't judge (unless you're a cry baby like Leechlet!) jk ;) but will support you and give you advice the best they can!  Even though I'm on the tall side, I perfectly understand Dream's reaction!

I presume that we are all adults here so everyone is entitled to their own opinion and open to debate.  Name calling is not only childish but offensive.  You will see that politeness goes a long way in life.

No matter what your height is, any guy that wasn't happy with his height and had the balls to do LL is a winner in my book!

English is my 2nd language, I am french Canadian so I apologize if I there was any mistakes!

programdude

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »

I understand why truly short people get frustrated with people around average height who are considering this. However there is a difference between taking out loans and going to india and having a substantial savings and going to a top tier surgeon.

At around my height, 5 8, I view it as a near essential to add to my height, as it is tangible how it would influence my life in every respect, even perhaps one day returning on the significant financial investment.

It is a very desirable luxury at near average, and a necessity for those well below it, I think.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

gettingtaller

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 08:57:25 PM »

Frank. Inappropriate, vulgar and childish reponse. You should be banned.
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

IamAndrew

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »

Da hell@Frank response....

Solid 5'9" is decent is most of the world except some Eastern and Northern Euro countries.

Starting at 5'9" in one of those countries, I would consider CLL, since the neurosis would be the same as it is in the U.S. being 2.5 inches below the average. Using 1x CLL to get 5'9" however and then wanting another surgery = gotta wonder If the recovery, financial, time, pain, and proportion returns are worth it in the short and long-term.

But some people still have height neurosis even when they're average, or in the 80th percentile (one guy was 5'11" and got CLL).... So it's relative to how you feel in the end. Does it make sense for an average guy to want to be taller? Yes. Does it make sense for him to want to go through CLL for it tho? Not from a logical POV. But neither does a thin girl feeling like she's fat and making herself vomit, or the musclebound guy at the gym feeling like he's not bulked up enough.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:46:24 PM by IamAndrew »

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »

Well the motivation with the second surgery is like this: "I already wrecked my athletic performance, left leg hurts too, might as well add a few more inches/centimeters to make it worth all the pain." And then there's the counter idea: "But I can still fairly do X, Y (for me it's dance & fitness), why should I risk that?" My left leg hurts when I stand up for too long. I enjoy the pain but for most people it would be annoying, even disturbing. I can bear it for now, I'm sure it'll go away but I'd be able to bear it for a lifetime, but do I need more of that pain? Do I need to inflict more trauma to my body now that height is not a significant disadvantage anymore?

And then you make your own, rational decision.

I'm the sort of guy who prefers physical pain to emotional pain. I've already made the rational decision for myself.

Doflamingo

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »

I'm 157cm and I don't understand why people above 170cm wants CLL...

G-Man

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »

Well here it goes:

157cm wants to be 170
170cm wants to be 178
178cm wants to be 183, 6'0ft
183cm wants to be 188, 6'2ft

and so on!  Unless you're 193cm, 6'4" we all want to be taller for various reasons!

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »

I'm 157cm and I don't understand why people above 170cm wants CLL...

While I understand it, I still consider it as a costly luxury rather than a necessity. I'm okay with luxury, but I admit it is what it is.

Blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »

I can see how it could seem like a necessity to some people.  I'm 5'6" and I know that it has held me back but it doesn't seem like a necessity.  When I see another male who is 5'3" or less I can't imagine how it has been for them, but it seems more like a necessity.

IamAndrew

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 05:54:35 AM »

Well the motivation with the second surgery is like this: "I already wrecked my athletic performance, left leg hurts too"........ My left leg hurts when I stand up for too long. I enjoy the pain but for most people it would be annoying, even disturbing. I can bear it for now, I'm sure it'll go away but I'd be able to bear it for a lifetime, but do I need more of that pain? Do I need to inflict more trauma to my body now that height is not a significant disadvantage anymore?

You had pretty high quality internals for your femurs if I recall, and you have that many probs still? Would you have wished to go 6 cm instead of 8 if you knew you would do a 2nd CLL in the future? Like 6 cm and then 5 cm (2 conservative CLL) as opposed to 8 cm and 7 cm?

I mean in terms of recovery and payoff. That pain/annoyance you feel now x2 and for a lifetime doesn't seem like a good idea??

Shortie

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »

I'm 5'7 I have the money to do this surgery in the USA , but I still won't do it till something better come out if not I won't risk my health and spend all this money , yes I am short but I don't feel like I am too short to work and make good $ or to have girl friend I am doing fine with both $ and girls .

Wannabegiant

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »

I'm 5'7 I have the money to do this surgery in the USA , but I still won't do it till something better come out if not I won't risk my health and spend all this money , yes I am short but I don't feel like I am too short to work and make good $ or to have girl friend I am doing fine with both $ and girls .

Its likely you are gonna have to wait 10 years minimum for an alternative to leg lengthening imo.. i could never wait that long, also who knows if that alternative will be completely complication free or without set backs, not worth it waiting for something when you dont know what you are gonna get imo..

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »

If something was 10 years away, you'd at least have heard of it by now.  An alternative is many decades or even centuries away.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »

If something was 10 years away, you'd at least have heard of it by now.  An alternative is many decades or even centuries away.

I would agree with that, but according to Michael over at naturalheightgrowth.com, he states that there already today exists the technology to replace damaged spinal discs, and the ability to increase their thickness to make the spine taller. However to actually use this as a safe procedure and also for cosmetic purposes would take a very long time as mentioned.

KrP1

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 10:02:16 PM »

Wait is something stupid. You wont have any other alternative. If anyone apperars it will take more than ten/fiveteen years to start to use it from you heard about it the first time. And you dont know if that option will be healt risk that probably will be

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »

You had pretty high quality internals for your femurs if I recall, and you have that many probs still? Would you have wished to go 6 cm instead of 8 if you knew you would do a 2nd CLL in the future? Like 6 cm and then 5 cm (2 conservative CLL) as opposed to 8 cm and 7 cm?

I mean in terms of recovery and payoff. That pain/annoyance you feel now x2 and for a lifetime doesn't seem like a good idea??

I would've went all the way to 8 cm if I could, unfortunately early (premature) consolidation got into my way. I had to try going all the way in femurs because I know I can't do the same in tibiae. My achilles tendons are naturally short/stiff by birth, even if I get a gastrocnemius-soleus release done (which I will, next year) I still have to stick to conservative amounts if I ever decide to do a second LL. 6 cm in tibiae and I would call it a day.

Pain is normal, I don't have it all the time, it comes when I've been walking for over an hour, or standing up all day long (as I have, in an open air festival/concert). It's manageable. There was a cute nurse taking my x-rays at the hospital. One time she asked me, "Is it really worth it?" I said "Financially or mentally"? She said the latter, and I replied "I'd do it ten times if I could". I still have the same opinion about LL.

G-Man

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 10:18:59 PM »

Why wait?  Internal nail works well and you get tiny scars, good enough for me!

Shortie

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »

Why wait?  Internal nail works well and you get tiny scars, good enough for me!
I wanna see long video of someone who done it ! Let's be honest we just hear I'm back to normal life etc why not to show video , running , jumping etc

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »

I wanna see long video of someone who done it ! Let's be honest we just hear I'm back to normal life etc why not to show video , running , jumping etc

I've uploaded videos of myself walking and walking up stairs.
A lot of people have uploaded post-surgery videos.
OBG did internals and he uploaded a video of himself skiing.
By being skeptical you're holding yourself back
There's more than enough proof of people recovering to a good point
(Or you don't need this surgery at all, which is fine)

Sorry, it's just that the "I'll wait X years till a good alternative comes up" attitude annoys me a lot. Life is too short to afford waiting. If you need to do something (and really need to do it) don't postpone it.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 08:53:40 AM »

Oh, and one more thing - having a girlfriend (or wife) or being wealthy is irrelevant to the need to do LL. I come from a fairly wealthy family (for my country at least), I've had girlfriends and rewarding relationships, but I still knew that I needed to do this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up