Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Foley catheter  (Read 2516 times)

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
Foley catheter
« on: May 30, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »

so i just found out the docs put in a Foley catheter for the surgery.

can someone explain to me in depth why this is necessary? some say it is because you don't piss during the surgery but what if i dehydrate myself, wouldn't that cause me not to piss during surgery and besides how and why this surgery will cause me to piss at all? I had a gynecomastia surgery last year and i was awake during the entire 3 hours(doc was not that good but he was the only one i could find in Hong Kong aka where i live) on local anesthesia.

This idea of exposing my penis for the surgery and having something inserted into it just doesn't seem appealing to me one bit....
Ethnicity: shetskin paki
Height: 177.5cm
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)
Age as of 30th may 2018: 23

Zeo

Re: Foley catheter
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »

You need a foley catheter because the anesthesia can make it so that you lose your ability to pee and so that means that you retain urine. Retaining urine is bad for obvious reasons, the urine will back up into your kidneys etc. So you have a Foley until the anesthesia wears off enough for you to be able to pee voluntarily.

More importantly the surgeon needs to monitor your body's urine output during surgery and immediatley afterwards as it as a marker of kidney function plus I'm sure it can identify other issues too. You will see a lot of patient's in the ICU with foleys on for this reason (strict monitoring of input/output).

Suck it up guy,they insert the foley while you under anesthesia and from what it sounds like, the removal of the foley is nothing compared to the rest of the surgery. 

If you end up retaining urine after anesthesia and you don't have a foley, they will just straight cath you while you are AWAKE, and there's really no practical numbing agent for that/they will also definitely not give you anesthesia for it either.

You gotta take the crooked's with the straights my brotha
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Zeo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »

what if i dehydrate myself, wouldn't that cause me not to piss during surgery

I don't mean to sound rude but as i reread this post this is a ridiculously stupid idea. Why would you want to make this purposefully harder for your body? The surgery is hard enough on your body why would you destabilize your body even more? Also they're going to give you a hefty amount of IV fluids so you will be plenty hydrating no matter what (this is also why you need foley, you need to make sure that the amount IV fliuds in are the same as the ml of urine that goes out). And any MD can look at your blood chemistry levels and see if it looks dehydrated and give you the appropriate amount of IVF to correct

honestly you are focusing on the wrong aspects of this surgery.

Android

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »

Agreed with Zeo, safety first. You might feel shy, but you're just another patient; they've seen it all before.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »

You need a foley catheter because the anesthesia can make it so that you lose your ability to pee and so that means that you retain urine. Retaining urine is bad for obvious reasons, the urine will back up into your kidneys etc. So you have a Foley until the anesthesia wears off enough for you to be able to pee voluntarily.

More importantly the surgeon needs to monitor your body's urine output during surgery and immediatley afterwards as it as a marker of kidney function plus I'm sure it can identify other issues too. You will see a lot of patient's in the ICU with foleys on for this reason (strict monitoring of input/output).

Suck it up guy,they insert the foley while you under anesthesia and from what it sounds like, the removal of the foley is nothing compared to the rest of the surgery. 

If you end up retaining urine after anesthesia and you don't have a foley, they will just straight cath you while you are AWAKE, and there's really no practical numbing agent for that/they will also definitely not give you anesthesia for it either.

You gotta take the crooked's with the straights my brotha

How is foley catherer inserted into a penis?
do they insert the tube through the penis opening??

this honestly looks like it causes irreversible damage to the penis... Erectile dysfunction, painful urine etc would be the after effects....
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)

Zeo

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:07:09 PM »

this honestly looks like it causes irreversible damage to the penis... Erectile dysfunction, painful urine etc would be the after effects....

You just stick it in, the balloon is inflated afterwards. You only inflate the balloon once you see urine go down the bag meaning that you are in the bladder. When you take out the folley they disinfalte the balloon and just take it out, t'll probably sting a bit when you pee for that day, but the next day you should feel normal. No irreversible damage, it goes along your urethra. Only real concern is getting a catheter associated UTI but for males it not really an issues, especially since it's only in for a few days.

erectile dysfunction? wtf?

Like i said you are focused on the wrong aspect of this surgery.

Zeo

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »

also at 5'10 your time and money is better off being invested somewhere else

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 08:08:30 PM »

Thanks for the info
Bit encouraged now

As for 5’10
That is bullshet
I sometimes drop to 5’9 and even 5’8 after a hard day at work

I am part of the millennial generation and the millienials in the USA are on average 6 foot tall
These statistics claiming 5’9 as averages around the globe are inaccurate from what I’ve observed
I believe they measured the boomer generations

Worst part is my brother who is Generation Z is already taller than me and it sucks knowing that I am the elder and look like his child when I stand next to him and a coping manlet

I believe it won’t be long before the entire globe has an average height of 6 foot
Each generation grows taller, this is a fact.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:33:46 PM by RaaX »

myloginacc

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »

Thanks for the info
Bit encouraged now

As for 5’10
That is bullshet
I sometimes drop to 5’9 after a hard day at work

I am part of the millennial generation and the millienials in the USA are on average 6 foot tall
These statistics claiming 5’9 as averages around the globe are inaccurate from what I’ve observed
I believe they measured the boomer generations

Worst part is my brother who is Generation Z is already taller than me and it sucks knowing that I am the elder and look like his child when I stand next to him and a coping manlet

I believe it won’t be long before the entire globe has an average height of 6 foot
Each generation grows taller, this is a fact.

Lol, that's not a fact - otherwise we'd all be giants by now. We have existed as societies for a decent amount of time, don't you think?

Sucks that you lost the genetic lotto to your brother, though.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »

Lol, that's not a fact - otherwise we'd all be giants by now. We have existed as societies for a decent amount of time, don't you think?

Sucks that you lost the genetic lotto to your brother, though.

Proof
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150513-will-humans-keep-getting-taller

Better nutrition and easily diagnosing disorders and fixing them has helped the world grow taller
People are 10cm more taller than their grandparents and Dutch’s are 19cm more taller than their grandparents

Humans can and will grow taller(marrying taller people causes taller kids to be born)

The future generation will have an average height of 6 foot+ worldwide
It’s only a matter of time

Let’s not forget that genetically engineering humans is very possible(in the year 2000, at least 11 designer babies were born and then religious nut jobs protested about playing god and ethics etc and it then got placed on an international ban)
China and Russia openly practice it tho

myloginacc

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 08:49:18 PM »

Proof
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150513-will-humans-keep-getting-taller

Better nutrition and easily diagnosing disorders and fixing them has helped the world grow taller
People are 10cm more taller than their grandparents and Dutch’s are 19cm more taller than their grandparents

Humans can and will grow taller(marrying taller people causes taller kids to be born)

The future generation will have an average height of 6 foot+ worldwide
It’s only a matter of time

Let’s not forget that genetically engineering humans is very possible(in the year 2000, at least 11 designer babies were born and then religious nut jobs protested about playing god and ethics etc and it then got placed on an international ban)
China and Russia openly practice it tho

You're trying to discuss this with the wrong person. I've already researched this extensively.

(Average) height reaches a plateau, which depends on the genetics of a population, and it has historically gone up and down - meaning it could happen again in times of famine, disease and war.

Above is a figure showing height is not increasing anymore, on average, in one of the tallest countries in the world: Finland. This process is expected in the long run, as each generation maximizes their genetic height potential through nutrition and better healthcare, and by also marrying their now taller counterparts. There has been a demonstrable limit to the repetition of this cycle in first-world societies in the last couple decades. The figure above shows it in Finland and the UK.

And here are some historical figures of height:

Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Johnson1111

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 10:35:27 PM »

5’10” and 5’11” are not objectively short in the USA. 5’11” is above average and 5’10” is average for the white male, which is the tallest race of male on average in the US.

Although I agree it is very hard to believe since in college campuses everyone looks to be 6 foot+

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »

You can't say this though. People have height dysphoria for different heights. Obviously it's crazy from our POV but the average person would probably think we were crazy too.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

myloginacc

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »

You can't say this though. People have height dysphoria for different heights. Obviously it's crazy from our POV but the average person would probably think we were crazy too.

Of course he can. No one is trying to detract from the fact he has height dysphoria and neurosis, and we all empathize with that. What he does with his body is his own choice. However, height is an objective measurement, and at worst, he's average in the tallest "race" of our species.

Just compare it to IQ. It's like crying that you wish you were more intelligent to be able join the Triple 9 society, while statistically still being at one of the top percentiles of IQ. We can all empathize with that, but putting things into objective perspective...

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »

5’10” and 5’11” are not objectively short in the USA. 5’11” is above average and 5’10” is average for the white male, which is the tallest race of male on average in the US.

Although I agree it is very hard to believe since in college campuses everyone looks to be 6 foot+

just like i said, the younger generation is freaking tall and 6 foot minimum, these statistics showing people having an average height of 5'10 is highly inaccurate as they measure the BOOMER GENERATION aka oldcels.

Johnson1111

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »

just like i said, the younger generation is freaking tall and 6 foot minimum, these statistics showing people having an average height of 5'10 is highly inaccurate as they measure the BOOMER GENERATION aka oldcels.

The younger generation being 6 feet on average is simply not true. That is an impossible leap from 5'10.25 to 6ft on average in one generation. It usually takes multiple generations for even a quarter inch. Your statistics are wrong.

The boomer generation is slightly shorter but not by as much as you think. The height statistics have been fairly stagnant over the past 50 years.

All of your data is wrong. Get LL if you want but you're already average height. The risks associated with LL at 5'10-5'11 are not worth it 100%. Plain and simple.

ZUCC420

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 06:55:48 PM »

Average young white male height is 5'10" but the people that goes to college/uni are obviously not average and are more than likely to be in a higher percentile in terms of Socioeconomic status, IQ, ergo height(taller).
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Johnson1111

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 07:40:45 PM »

Average young white male height is 5'10" but the people that goes to college/uni are obviously not average and are more than likely to be in a higher percentile in terms of Socioeconomic status, IQ, ergo height(taller).

Some of the delusion in the people that come on here is real. There is ZERO height discrimination at 5'10"-5'11" in the US.

Like would he know talking to you, that you're 5'4" and would go through hell to be his height?? Or same with most people on here? If ppl think adding 2 extra inches onto their average height is gonna boom them up in terms of societal status and wealth they're sorely sorely mistaken. That's especially if you go to a money grubber like Paley that will do you in almost 200k.

And he's worried about the catheter lol.

5:10 pal..5:10

I just think it's funny, that's all. >99% of the people on here wouldn't even think about being on this forum if they were 5'10-5'11'.

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 07:58:17 PM »

Some of the delusion in the people that come on here is real. There is ZERO height discrimination at 5'10"-5'11" in the US.

Like would he know talking to you, that you're 5'4" and would go through hell to be his height?? Or same with most people on here? If ppl think adding 2 extra inches onto their average height is gonna boom them up in terms of societal status and wealth they're sorely sorely mistaken. That's especially if you go to a money grubber like Paley that will do you in almost 200k.

And he's worried about the catheter lol.

5:10 pal..5:10

I just think it's funny, that's all. >99% of the people on here wouldn't even think about being on this forum if they were 5'10-5'11'.

Why would that autistic currycel just jab the rod in instead of doing it slowly and carefully? What a retard tbh...

How many 16-20 year olds do you guys hang out?
When I say everyone is at least 6 foot then I actually say this seriously, people are not short anymore
Even the millennial Chinese here are averaging 5 ft 9 now and I see some 6 foot ones from time to time

My younger bro who goes to a private high school said not a single white guy in his school is sub 6 foot , they’re ranging from 6 foot to 6 ft 3

My cousin who goes to a government high school is dwarfed at times by his paki and Indian friends who range from 5 ft 11 to 6 foot 1

You guys have not hung out with the millennial or gen z that’s why you’re lost on reality
No one is sub 6 feet
Even girls demand a 6 foot boyfriend
Model requirements is 6 Foot also
Bartender 6 foot also and even bouncer jobs 6 foot

Johnson1111

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:20 PM »

Why would that autistic currycel just jab the rod in instead of doing it slowly and carefully? What a retard tbh...

When I say everyone is at least 6 foot then I actually say this seriously, people are not short anymore
Even the millennial Chinese here are averaging 5 ft 9 now and I see some 6 foot ones from time to time

My younger bro who goes to a private high school said not a single white guy in his school is sub 6 foot , they’re ranging from 6 foot to 6 ft 3

My cousin who goes to a government high school is dwarfed at times by his paki and Indian friends who range from 5 ft 11 to 6 foot 1

You guys have not hung out with the millennial or gen z that’s why you’re lost on reality
No one is sub 6 feet

I'm early 20's and a college student in the US, lol. I believe Zucc is in his 20's as well. Do you really think we are all here because we are lost on reality? Come on man.

Private high schools are filled with some of the highest earning white families. The white male children of these offspring are most likely to be above average in height. However, This is not to be confused with the norm. A 5,000 kid private high school does not represent a country with over 300 million people.

Dr. Parihar does seminars and teaches limb lengthening techniques for deformity correction and preforms cosmetic limb lengthening several times per year too. That is an experienced surgeon you just watched do that. That is common practice in this world.

Not trying to completely discourage you but it's very ridiculous at your height to do LL. The risks far outweigh the rewards. Generation Z takes up over 20% of the American population at this point I believe. There is no way the average male there is 6foot+

myloginacc

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »

No one is sub 6 feet

6 feet, 6 feet, 6 feet...

I also can't trust American perceptions of height because the majority of humans lie about their height and the leap in the Imperial system is bigger than in metric. Every male in the US probably claims one inch over their actual height, and this distorts perceptions further.

No one is sub 6 feet

Anyway, just get off the internet.

You're 177.5cm and living in Hong Kong, where the average height for men is 170~172cm. What does thinking about the height of college campi students from the tallest populations in the world, who happen to be very far away from you, nets you?

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »

This whole thread is a perfect example of "things I don't want to know".

Before the surgery, I knew vaguely what a Foley catheter is, and the whole idea gave me shivers, but I purposefully did NOT look into it. Turned out I didn't feel absolutely anything when they inserted it (and I still don't want to know how), and taking out meant 10 seconds of weird pain. That's it.

Ignorance sometimes IS bliss.

Another example is the video Android posted about taking the rods out. I will NOT watch that. :)
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »

I'm early 20's and a college student in the US, lol. I believe Zucc is in his 20's as well. Do you really think we are all here because we are lost on reality? Come on man.

Private high schools are filled with some of the highest earning white families. The white male children of these offspring are most likely to be above average in height. However, This is not to be confused with the norm. A 5,000 kid private high school does not represent a country with over 300 million people.

Dr. Parihar does seminars and teaches limb lengthening techniques for deformity correction and preforms cosmetic limb lengthening several times per year too. That is an experienced surgeon you just watched do that. That is common practice in this world.

Not trying to completely discourage you but it's very ridiculous at your height to do LL. The risks far outweigh the rewards.

Yeah, sure
Every single tourist who comes here from white countries are giants also.
I have yet to see a single sub 6 feet white guy tbh even in real life.
Even on bodybuilding forums, sub 6 foot whites are uncommon.
Maybe you’re hanging out with the wrong crowd.

I have just researched about him a bit
One guy from this forum said that his hospital was a 3rd world shethole compared to the 3rd world hospital he saw on a TV show...
If it can’t even compare to a shethole fake one then imagine how unhygienic and bacteria/virus prone it must be, that tells me a lot and he charges what, $14.5k and even thinks Physiotherapy is not necessary  after such a surgery and he uses an outdated high risk technique aka Ilizarov.
Total autism in one giant bag of diarrhea.

That video didn’t scare me lol(I had lasik done and gyno while I was awake on local anesthesia, it’s blood and holes to me now plus watched a lot of ISIS execution vids on 4chan), just pissed me off at how unprofessional he is.
This surgery shouldn’t harbour amateurs imho.

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »

6 feet, 6 feet, 6 feet...

I also can't trust American perceptions of height because the majority of humans lie about their height and the leap in the Imperial system is bigger than in metric. Every male in the US probably claims one inch over their actual height, and this distorts perceptions further.

Anyway, just get off the internet.

You're 177.5cm and living in Hong Kong, where the average height for men is 170~172cm. What does thinking about the height of college campi students from the tallest populations in the world, who happen to be very far away from you, nets you?

Because I don’t want to spend the rest of my life stuck in one country
That’s why I compare myself to whites as they’re the best versions of humans tbh

I should strive to be like them instead of striving to be like the less fortunate

ZUCC420

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »

No one is sub 6 feet

I suggest you emigrate to your native country, now this is speculation but I assume you believe that you are not happy with your height because of not getting a girlfriend, good job, basically of all the discrimination you may have faced but have you considered the fact that the disparity of your ethnicity in Hong Kong might be a major factor?

Besides that if you moved to your native country you will be happier since you will be taller than average, won't face any discrimination, girls are probably 5'  and wearing heels will be 5'3"-4". After you finish your Uni/degree why don't you move back and live a happy life being tall and desirable that is relative to your country.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

This whole thread is a perfect example of "things I don't want to know".

Before the surgery, I knew vaguely what a Foley catheter is, and the whole idea gave me shivers, but I purposefully did NOT look into it. Turned out I didn't feel absolutely anything when they inserted it (and I still don't want to know how), and taking out meant 10 seconds of weird pain. That's it.

Ignorance sometimes IS bliss.

Another example is the video Android posted about taking the rods out. I will NOT watch that. :)

Would having femurs and tibias done cause more problems with mobility compared to just doing femur?
Also link me video tbh

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »

I suggest you emigrate to your native country, now this is speculation but I assume you believe that you are not happy with your height because of not getting a girlfriend, good job, basically of all the discrimination you may have faced but have you considered the fact that the disparity of your ethnicity in Hong Kong might be a major factor?

Besides that if you moved to your native country you will be happier since you will be taller than average, won't face any discrimination, girls are probably 5'  and wearing heels will be 5'3"-4". After you finish your Uni/degree why don't you move back and live a happy life being tall and desirable that is relative to your country.
I hate my ethnicity, it’s litrrally subhuman and the culture etc is dogshet there, anyone who is not caucasoid at least 80%+ is subhuman, btw it’s not my ethnicity entirely that’s holding me back tbh, it’s my height, I am way above average if I compare myself to oldcels but when I compare with gen z, I turn average and many of my shetskin friends are giants and have better opportunities in life just based solely on their height.

myloginacc

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 08:52:27 PM »

Because I don’t want to spend the rest of my life stuck in one country
That’s why I compare myself to whites as they’re the best versions of humans tbh

I should strive to be like them instead of striving to be like the less fortunate

There are a bunch of white dudes shorter than you and this forum is proof of it.

A big chunk of them are also very successful, despite the fact they're shorter than you, and are paying for this surgery with the most expensive doctors in the world.

It's up to you how you decide to view yourself in all of this.

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »

There are a bunch of white dudes shorter than you and this forum is proof of it.

A big chunk of them are also very successful, despite the fact they're shorter than you, and are paying for this surgery with the most expensive doctors in the world.

It's up to you how you decide to view yourself in all of this.

What you’re suggesting is that I should say “oh x guy doesn’t have y feature of mine”

That is called coping in my book

Reminds me of my dumb father when I tell him about how shet we are financially and he goes “you should think about all those poor people on streets who have no eyes or hands , we are better thanks to god almighty bla bla bla”
Absolute rage inducing at how one person lies to themselves constantly instead of taking the giant redpill
This is called a coping mechanism so that one will never face their problems and will never ever succeed.

Johnson1111

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »

The highest earning on average people in the US are asians and their average height is below your current height. Those are both facts.

So success is linked less to height than you may have originally thought.

We all want to be the ideal human being. Every single person. The reality is that it's impossible. Even if you changed your height you still wouldn't be white.

Seems like you have self esteem issues and you haven't tied your identity to a metric you can control. This is very upsetting and depressing because you've done nothing wrong in your life to warrant labeling yourself as subhuman except for your perception of the world. Your height is objectively average or above average in almost everywhere in the world.

Someone like you needs therapy and direction opposed to putting yourself in debt for LL at 5'10".

No, it's more like he's redpilling you. The world is extremely tough and if you weren't completely financially dependent on your parents you wouldn't have the time or money to be able to fathom even getting LL done. Imagine how deep the rabbit hole could go with you without your parents if you're even frustrated now at an average height?

Coping = 5'3" guy saying that height truly doesn't matter much and that it's what matters inside

Delusion = 5'10" guy thinking if he grows a few inches from getting his femurs sawed in half in a third world country that his life will suddenly come all together and he'll be an "alpha male"

ZUCC420

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »

I hate my ethnicity, it’s litrrally subhuman and the culture etc is dogshet there, anyone who is not caucasoid at least 80%+ is subhuman, btw it’s not my ethnicity entirely that’s holding me back tbh, it’s my height, I am way above average if I compare myself to oldcels but when I compare with gen z, I turn average and many of my shetskin friends are giants and have better opportunities in life just based solely on their height.

Such a simple solution yet it looks like your subhuman genes unsurprisingly gave you sxhit for brains as well, might as well keep fighting a losing battle.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up