Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 240996 times)

programdude

For preparation, very little, just keeping generally loose.

For safety, I think I am doing ok, and i am doing the worst out of everyone I met. Most recovered fully a month or so sooner than what it took for me to get here(walking ok, standing for showers, working out legs, able to jog albeit oddly.), so yes if you are going to LL I think it is a great way to go.

For pain, use an epidural and when you come off be sure you have dilauded. If you read my journal you will see some pointers I left about this.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

kare69

• Visitor

So you think it was the height they you want for that delayed your recovery speed? I am also looking for similar height increase. Do you recommend this, 7.5 cm  as being the limit?

Also after consolidation did you stay by paley ? Or did you go home? Can you go home for recovery after full consolidation? What do you recommend?

programdude

I went home almost immediately after finishing lengthening.

For length, if you have help I really think 8 CM is usually fine. Everyone else bounced back really fast.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

kare69

• Visitor

That's good news. I just have one real question. How bad was the pain level ? What did you use to let you sleep at night?
If people follow Dr. Paleys pain med prescriptions did they appear to be in much pain through the process? How long is the pain unbearable for ? When does it wear off?

Did you fear lengthing too much in one leg and getting a limp?

Sorry for the questions I just want to hear from a person who has gone through it like you. You are my inspiration.

programdude

Hey, the first few weeks are the ones where the pain in unbearable. After that the only unbearable part is the constant aches that make sleeping nearly impossible, it really grates on your sanity.

In terms of actual raw pain, the only times it is a factor is the beginning and during PT. If pain is a VERY large concern please reconsider the surgery. While most people can get through it, there have been some who give up.

No I didn't fear that since you can retract if needed.

To you and others, if you want an actual conversation with me I extend again my Skype: program.dude

I don't check it too often since not many people followed me or added me when I first posted it, but I will keep logged in more for the next few weeks.

kare69

• Visitor

Ok cool. I just tried to add you on Skype. Can you accept request and we can talk more offline

ReadRothbard

Hey, the first few weeks are the ones where the pain in unbearable. After that the only unbearable part is the constant aches that make sleeping nearly impossible, it really grates on your sanity.

In terms of actual raw pain, the only times it is a factor is the beginning and during PT. If pain is a VERY large concern please reconsider the surgery. While most people can get through it, there have been some who give up.

No I didn't fear that since you can retract if needed.

To you and others, if you want an actual conversation with me I extend again my Skype: program.dude

I don't check it too often since not many people followed me or added me when I first posted it, but I will keep logged in more for the next few weeks.

This is going to sound strange, but is it that type of pain that feels good? Sometimes I strain a muscle, and pulling on it and stretching it feels painful, but then relieving.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

Accepted all the requests I got.

And no, honestly it feels really bad for the most part. The thing that feels nice is waking up way after you are done, and stretching your muscles as you wake up in bed.

programdude

So, good and bad news.

With an event I had this whole weekend which involved lots and lots of walking. As of two weeks before the even I wasn't really in great shape and was super worried. However I was able to walk around for spans of usually 20- 30 mins. Which were usually followed by another walk and endurance, while not ideal, was never a problem. This involved hills and stairs sometimes too.

The bad news is the pain in my lower left leg is really quite bad, and made my walking strides not great. Some people when I was in less pain noticed nothing, but there were certainly comments about it, and most importantly I wasn't feeling great.

Really wondering whats causing this pain and how to resolve it, since it seems to be the only hurdle to mostly recovered.

ReadRothbard

So, good and bad news.

With an event I had this whole weekend which involved lots and lots of walking. As of two weeks before the even I wasn't really in great shape and was super worried. However I was able to walk around for spans of usually 20- 30 mins. Which were usually followed by another walk and endurance, while not ideal, was never a problem. This involved hills and stairs sometimes too.

The bad news is the pain in my lower left leg is really quite bad, and made my walking strides not great. Some people when I was in less pain noticed nothing, but there were certainly comments about it, and most importantly I wasn't feeling great.

Really wondering whats causing this pain and how to resolve it, since it seems to be the only hurdle to mostly recovered.

Can't you make an appointment with an orthopedist?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

I'm not sure if they could really help with something like this though? If I don't see serious improvement I was going to go to florida to see Paley as he said I should.

crimsontide

if paley says you should see him...  then seeing him is the only option

programdude

Doing a lot better. To those concerned by my serious complaints after the weekend that involved a lot of walking- I think it was just a bit too much and built up over the days. I'm doing much better now, to the point I think no one that saw me when I was out today even batted an eye.

I did a hard leg workout, once I recover from it I plan on practicing jogging. Jogging feels really weird with much longer legs right now.

For those wondering, things like stairs haven't been a problem for awhile.

maryt

• Visitor

Progamdude, the last x-ray image you posted was on October 06, 2014. Would you please post some x-ray images after that, like in December, February, and April?

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor

Doing a lot better. To those concerned by my serious complaints after the weekend that involved a lot of walking- I think it was just a bit too much and built up over the days. I'm doing much better now, to the point I think no one that saw me when I was out today even batted an eye.

I did a hard leg workout, once I recover from it I plan on practicing jogging. Jogging feels really weird with much longer legs right now.

For those wondering, things like stairs haven't been a problem for awhile.

wow what a great news!
from 1 to 10 (10 is being like you were before the surgery) where do you consider yourself in term of recovering?

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

programdude

I'd say probably a 6 right now, at least until I can jog acceptably. My walking itself is probably an 8 in the sense that unless my legs are tired and someone is trying to see something amiss with my strides it looks normal. The main issues with the walking at this stage is endurance, which really isn't that bad for anything that comes up in my day to day. At the gym I can walk with a 45 pound plate in my hands, but walking two 50 pound dumbbells to a bench would still be damn hard and mainly look silly.

goodlucktomylegs

I'd say probably a 6 right now, at least until I can jog acceptably. My walking itself is probably an 8 in the sense that unless my legs are tired and someone is trying to see something amiss with my strides it looks normal. The main issues with the walking at this stage is endurance, which really isn't that bad for anything that comes up in my day to day. At the gym I can walk with a 45 pound plate in my hands, but walking two 50 pound dumbbells to a bench would still be damn hard and mainly look silly.
It is very good news.
I hope you better and better .

programdude

Thanks. Gonna attempt jogging again today but my faith is not too high. I would be surprised in a month though if some size, strength and the jogging was not back.

My recovery has taken awhile but the improvements have come fast since I started walking.

maryt

• Visitor

Hi Progamdude, the last x-ray image you posted was on October 06, 2014. Would you please post some x-ray images after that, like in December, February, and April, so that we can see how the bone consolidation progress is? Thanks

programdude

I haven't felt the need to update with that as I am past that phase, but I may in the future.

maryt

• Visitor

have you seen the broken bone gap have been filled with new bone from the x-ray? How is the new bone's density look like in the x-ray?

programdude

My last x ray looked ok. Not rock solid but Paley referred to my right as such anyways. I am sure now they are looking a lot more sturdy if I were to have them x rayed

programdude

Pain in my left leg seems to be totally gone though I haven't tried jogging again yet. For those wondering the cure seems to be strengthening what must have been a very weakened muscle through isolated left leg workouts, specifically leg press and extensions. I look forward to bulking my legs more and getting my glutes back, as I believe the latter is why my hips are still slightly tight.

My estimation for totally normal walking is two weeks most likely. Will post about my jogging as it is applicable.

kare69

• Visitor

So aside from that pain are you back to at least 90% of what you were?
Also it concerns me a bit that recover is taking so long for you, do you still recommend Dr.Paley? Have others taken as long to recover.

Any info would help as paley is guy I have in mind.

programdude

I lengthened with others, all of whom are doing much better than me. I don't know why I've taken so long(a portion was not having someone there to help stretch me) though so there is a chance of your recovery taking awhile too. I would still recommend Paley, especially based off others, but you aren't guaranteed to have an effortless journey.

I am not 90%. As I said before my walking is at the point where it almost looks normal and is getting easier, and jogging is mostly untested.

Uppland

I lengthened with others, all of whom are doing much better than me. I don't know why I've taken so long(a portion was not having someone there to help stretch me) though so there is a chance of your recovery taking awhile too. I would still recommend Paley, especially based off others, but you aren't guaranteed to have an effortless journey.

I am not 90%. As I said before my walking is at the point where it almost looks normal and is getting easier, and jogging is mostly untested.

How much worse are you than the other patients?

programdude

I mean, they are playing sports and I am not even at baseline, so they are doing a lot better. Hard to say exactly how much better, but since they recovered in half the time we will go with them doing twice as well as me.

Uppland

I mean, they are playing sports and I am not even at baseline, so they are doing a lot better. Hard to say exactly how much better, but since they recovered in half the time we will go with them doing twice as well as me.

Any major difference between their surgery/lengthening period and yours?

Did they lengthen less, stretch more or anything such?

programdude

Some lengthened less, one lengthened the same and was better two or so months ago, having started a month later.

Stretching was probably a factor.

DoingItForMe

Some lengthened less, one lengthened the same and was better two or so months ago, having started a month later.

Stretching was probably a factor.
Are you suggesting that you didn't stretch the amount that Paley and his PT team told you to stretch? Or are you saying that you should have stretched more than that? Or do you mean you should have stretch more prior to the lengthening process?

Asking because I'm doing internal femurs with Paley in a few months and diaries like yours have me worried. Congrats on your new height, though. I'm going from 5'5" to 5'8" (your starting height). Is 5'8" still discriminated against for being short?
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Melan_sprint

ofcourse he is, didnt you get the memo.
To be accepted as a "man" (sorry everybody offended and not really open to R3al1ty) 5'11 is the limit to go without any smerk replies and preconcieved ideas about you.

I personally dont meassure anyone by bone length to determine their masculinity.

But get on topic with Perception. Perception is KEY!! to everything. Thats why there will be dudes 5'8 doing just "fine" and others who suffer like more than you could imagine like wow that bad.

But the two of them give of different perceptions to the reciever thus gets a different response in return that fits that specific scenario. Thats why im doing LL atleast.

And thats all people without 2 brain cells on active duty goes for in the world aswell. The world is a hall of mirrors and the top dog is the most reflective one.

Thats why we like our politicans,leaders,famous people etc etc Tall-er.

Because it feeds our Ego of security in "What the fk is all this.. where am i. who am i, etc". The one that is thinking in your mind IS the EGO and it has ALOT of filters i found this out the hard way when i took mushrooms and got blown away and could more clearly see the current world in a different light and gain more personal power form the whole trip.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up