Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey - Dr. Betz April 2022  (Read 8465 times)

Taller90

Re: My journey - Dr. Betz April 2022
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2023, 10:56:48 AM »

Size of them leg muscles too  8)

Great work bro!

Thanks to all of you. I had strong legs before the surgery as well but I lost about 7 kg due to the surgery which mostly were muscles.
Therefore, I am very happy to get at least some of them back but it was hard ongoing work!

From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71436.0#top

Taller90

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2023, 08:37:55 PM »

Just a short update, now almost 11 months post-surgery and 7 months post-lengthening

I don´t have any stiffness or other muscular problems anymore. I have been visiting Dr. Becker 2 weeks ago to do some new x-rays and the bone consolidation went also very well so far, so that I am now back to improve my jogging skills. Right now, I am at 6 km/h for 15 minutes, will see how far I can come back until summer. If everything went well, I should be able to do the removal this autumn. I am now also considering to do the tibias. In fact really nobody in the daily life noticed my new Tibia/Femur-ratio but it bothered me personal because someone who has the eyes for can see that me femur (51,5cm) is a bit to long for my tibia (33,5cm).

However, I will need to see, if I am really going to do another surgery as well but if so then I will only do 5 or 6 cm on tibia. This would boost my Tibia/Femur-ratio to around 76% which is at least close to ideal. I will keep you updated.

From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Kanye Western

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2023, 08:43:15 PM »

Just a short update, now almost 11 months post-surgery and 7 months post-lengthening

I don´t have any stiffness or other muscular problems anymore. I have been visiting Dr. Becker 2 weeks ago to do some new x-rays and the bone consolidation went also very well so far, so that I am now back to improve my jogging skills. Right now, I am at 6 km/h for 15 minutes, will see how far I can come back until summer. If everything went well, I should be able to do the removal this autumn. I am now also considering to do the tibias. In fact really nobody in the daily life noticed my new Tibia/Femur-ratio but it bothered me personal because someone who has the eyes for can see that me femur (51,5cm) is a bit to long for my tibia (33,5cm).

However, I will need to see, if I am really going to do another surgery as well but if so then I will only do 5 or 6 cm on tibia. This would boost my Tibia/Femur-ratio to around 76% which is at least close to ideal. I will keep you updated.

The fact you did over 10cm and recovered is great. Well done brother

ikocak

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 01:00:53 PM »

It's really inspiring and your recovery gives me strength for doing this surgery. I'm really happy for you man! I hope one day I have enough courage to do LL

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 01:38:03 PM »

wow 12 cm in a single segment is inspiring and unheard of, I have always known betzbone extension is 12 cm but achieving full nail extension is a sporadic occurrence. Please keep posting man
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2023, 03:18:13 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2023, 12:27:25 PM »

Hey Taller90 ! congrats on those 11cm, it looks like a hard but worth journey.
I am doing LL with Becker in January 2024, I am 163cm and looking for 10cm.

All of the photos you posted are not accessible anymore, the links send to 404 page. Would you mind to post again some of them ? to see the before-after and proportions ?
Thanks !!

Taller90

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2023, 11:58:47 AM »

Update 1 year-post Clicking

Hey folks, it is already one year ago when I have been reaching my current new height of 173,5 cm. I am more then happy to have been doing this surgery. In my case everything went well and I am now fully recovered. My bones are fully consolidated, so that I can do the removal soon.

As some questions have been shown up regarding the ratio, of course this is (with 0,65) out of the normal range but I don´t have any problems walkin, jogging or doing other sport and more important when I am wearing clothes nobody is noticing it. Only when I am nked it looks a bit off but even then nobody asked me when I was in a wellness center going to a sauna etc.

I will try to upload some fresh photos when I am gonna have some time. Finally, I stick with my personal believe that weight-bearing nails are a game changer as it allows you to start with the recovery immediatly after the surgery and this enables you to reach long distances and a better recovery at all. There is a reason why professional Athletes are trying to start with their rehabilitation treatment as soon as possible after an injury. Weeks or months in a wheel chair is the worst you can do.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Rockstarz5

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2023, 08:16:05 PM »

The PT is included in the cost or is extra money?..

Bagga

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2023, 03:46:44 PM »

Update 1 year-post Clicking

Hey folks, it is already one year ago when I have been reaching my current new height of 173,5 cm. I am more then happy to have been doing this surgery. In my case everything went well and I am now fully recovered. My bones are fully consolidated, so that I can do the removal soon.

As some questions have been shown up regarding the ratio, of course this is (with 0,65) out of the normal range but I don´t have any problems walkin, jogging or doing other sport and more important when I am wearing clothes nobody is noticing it. Only when I am nked it looks a bit off but even then nobody asked me when I was in a wellness center going to a sauna etc.

I will try to upload some fresh photos when I am gonna have some time. Finally, I stick with my personal believe that weight-bearing nails are a game changer as it allows you to start with the recovery immediatly after the surgery and this enables you to reach long distances and a better recovery at all. There is a reason why professional Athletes are trying to start with their rehabilitation treatment as soon as possible after an injury. Weeks or months in a wheel chair is the worst you can do.
why are you a bit off when nked? your hands and body is much shorter than your legs??

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2023, 07:15:52 AM »

hey ! I'm 163 doing 10cm with Becker in january so same situation.
-you say you are fully recovered : no more duck ass ? Walking looks/feels normal ?
- you say legs look off only when nked. How about arms ? is there sometimes a feeling of weird proportions, even if very small ? is that feeling less strong than with legs ? and appart from how it looks, do you ever "feel" that your arms are short ?

Thanks !!

Beemer m3

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2023, 09:37:56 AM »

10 cm is a huge accomplishment. i can barely go through 8cm. i got less motivated day by day. just staying home all day. i was a delivery driver before this so maybe why im so bored just waiting.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Gotenks

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2023, 12:10:04 PM »

Glad to hear you are fully recovered! Looking forward to the pictures.

I'm going for femurs on 5 December.

Rockstarz5

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2023, 08:17:15 PM »

If the recovery is boring well is good..

Joytoy1

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2023, 10:22:20 PM »

Now, I would be able to do homeoffice but at the beginning it would have been very difficult to work 8 Hours even at home, if you want to do all of Dr. betzs instructions. One hour PT, one hour gym, 3-5 times stretching (which usually Takes 1 hour as well) will keep you busy the most of your day. At the beginning I have needed about 1 hour for 18-20 klicks on both legs. Now, I am done in five minutes :D

So if you want to work you  will need to do less and this will probably effect your recovery time

Awesome results you are an inspiration to me.
In this post you mention stretching 3-4times a day which took you 1 hour + gym and so on. Recently you said you did stretch 3-4hours each day. What is now true?
Was it possible to work in the homeoffice after the 2nd week in terms of pain?
I also want 10cm in Femurs. But wonder about the proportio s being off after.
I'm glad you made it :)

Taller90

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2023, 11:11:28 PM »

why are you a bit off when nked? your hands and body is much shorter than your legs??

It is just because of the new femur/tibia ratio. Obviously everyone with a medicine background notice that this does not look normal. My arms are as my body was enough long before as well
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Taller90

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2023, 11:16:28 PM »

Awesome results you are an inspiration to me.
In this post you mention stretching 3-4times a day which took you 1 hour + gym and so on. Recently you said you did stretch 3-4hours each day. What is now true?
Was it possible to work in the homeoffice after the 2nd week in terms of pain?
I also want 10cm in Femurs. But wonder about the proportio s being off after.
I'm glad you made it :)

Thanks.
Yes, you can do Homeoffice the pain is feasible. The time is more the critical part. I had the luck focus on the lengthening and spent the whole day with stretching, physio, walking, gym etc but I lengthen a lot and that in a quite short time. So maybe if you do less and longer you would have more time to do other things like work but this might be different from person to person. You need to figure out how much you need. Nobody can give you the right blueprint for that…
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Beemer m3

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2023, 10:56:37 AM »

nice thread. ive always wonder how they do the clicking. ive only seen one video of it. it seems ok. just heard about the pain clicking and nail being infected. still this might be my next preferred choice. people seeing u with duck ass at the gym is ok to you?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2024, 10:45:42 AM »

Hope you are doing well ! I've been following and interacting with your posts for some time now; I have my surgery in February with Becker and payed everything, so there is nothing stoping this except if I decide to.
With all those treads talking bad stuff about betzbone, a little anxiety builds up, but journals like yours help me keep confident.
How are you feeling now ? mobility, pain ? Have you any regrets up until this point ? Do you consider that your life has improved ?

Thanks again you are a great motivation !

Taller90

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2024, 08:52:38 PM »

Hope you are doing well ! I've been following and interacting with your posts for some time now; I have my surgery in February with Becker and payed everything, so there is nothing stoping this except if I decide to.
With all those treads talking bad stuff about betzbone, a little anxiety builds up, but journals like yours help me keep confident.
How are you feeling now ? mobility, pain ? Have you any regrets up until this point ? Do you consider that your life has improved ?

Thanks again you are a great motivation !

In the meantime I had the removal  as well and I am on a good way to get to the conditions I had before the removal surgery which was a more or less a fully recovery. Before the removal, I was able to do every sport, run, jump - well the only thing I was not able to do where squads due to my proportions I would have fallen back. Beside of that I felt like I never had done any surgery before. No muscle stiffness, pain or similar anymore.

I don´t know where this bull ting regarding betzbone is coming from. In fact it is currently the best nail in the market because it is weight bearing and already proven over a long time. Will see how the precise Max is going to be and if they got rid of the corrosion problems Stryde has, I would personally feel uncomfortable using it from the early beginning but that's just my personal 2 cents.

Every other nail might make sense if you go for "normaler" distances but, if you want to do longer lengthening you need to stick with a weight bearing nail. I don´t know how crippled I would get, if I would have been forced to be in a wheelchair the whole lengthening. Early and regular mobilization is the most important beside of stretching of course ;)

So good luck with your surgery!
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2024, 09:31:27 AM »

Thank you for your reply, this is very helpful ! I fell relieved.
I am kind of in your situation: 163, hoping for 10, with a little anxiety about proportions but prioritizing height since I consider myself to be on the "too short" spectrum.
In your diary, there are several links to photos you've post, but all of them are 404 pages. Would it be possible to ask for some photos of before/after, in regard to proportions? It would be incredibly helpful since I'm starting at the same point.

Best regards !

bruhh

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2024, 08:52:23 AM »

Will you do anything to address your wingspan being 18 cm shorter than your height? Admire your dedication!

Taller90

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2024, 11:45:21 AM »

Will you do anything to address your wingspan being 18 cm shorter than your height? Admire your dedication!

Indeed this was my only concern but right now I am at a difference of 14cm (I am at 175,5cm height at the moment) and so far I am totally fine. Will check it further and stop with the tibia lengthening before it start to look weird.

However, so far all people (doc, friends etc say that I could go for another couple of cm). One reason might be because i am not tiny  :) and have a good torso length which fits to a height of someone who is 178-180.

But I will not go for arm lengthening. For sure!
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up