Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal  (Read 291999 times)

Alu

Re: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »

I still want to know what your evidence is regarding this doctor...

goldenegg

« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »

I still want to know what your evidence is regarding this doctor...

I originally gave this doctor the benefit of the doubt too because lluser couldn't provide evidence for any of his claims, but Cooper's latest update about his tibia complications supports some of what he said and a necessary read for anyone considering this doctor.  in particular the comment about patients under his care being manipulated to post positive things on this forum is very, very concerning and something to take into account for the other patient diaries... 

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2454.msg51176

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »

I think we should not be so quick to turn on Dr. Monegal at the word of one patient who had bad outcome. Bohemia had good outcome and other patients of Dr. Monegal say really good things about his care. We also have not seen Cooper x-rays yet to know if there are problems really that bad. Rozbruch said anti Monegal thing, but I think it was programdude who said Rozbruch gave him very bad advice before. And even though I think Paley is the best of the best, I do not think there is single other doctor who Paley thinks is good enough to do the job. So I would say let us not post bad things about Dr. Monegal because he could be a victim in this.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »

I think we should not be so quick to turn on Dr. Monegal at the word of one patient who had bad outcome. Bohemia had good outcome and other patients of Dr. Monegal say really good things about his care. We also have not seen Cooper x-rays yet to know if there are problems really that bad. Rozbruch said anti Monegal thing, but I think it was programdude who said Rozbruch gave him very bad advice before. And even though I think Paley is the best of the best, I do not think there is single other doctor who Paley thinks is good enough to do the job. So I would say let us not post bad things about Dr. Monegal because he could be a victim in this.

Ok. let me break down bit further. Other patient cannot come to forum and expose about this doctor because he is monitoring forum like vultures. He is control freak and asked them to write good things. How would any patients who needs his help will come to the forum and say bad thing. Just think about it.

#2: There are few people who went to spain and backed off from the surgery because of what they saw and meeting patient personally. Few of them try to paint the real picture but however shut it off. Even one tiny concern should be major flag in my book for this kind of surgery.

#3: My goal is to bring awareness and let other people know what can happen when picking a wrong hand. I will be more busy with work once i start picking more hours. I may not able to write regularly here. Right now i am in bed and i have some time to put my thoughts, share honest experience with everyone.

Despite all this you want to support or even want to be his patient. Than by all means go to Spain and break your leg. I will pray god for those innocent heart.

I want to bring awareness and that is one objective of me coming back and writing here.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

TrueSpartan

« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2016, 02:44:29 AM »

It takes a lot of guts to do what Cooper did. I 100% believe Cooper. There is no motive cooper could possible have to go against this doctor. He paid for him and trusted him.

Thanks again Cooper for doing what you did and saving many future LLers.

KrP1

« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »

I had my femur surgery in september 2015. And everything has been ok to this moment. Better than other experiences posted in this forum with paley. By the moment i recommend Dr Monegal for femur lengthening with fitbone.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »

Ok. let me break down bit further. Other patient cannot come to forum and expose about this doctor because he is monitoring forum like vultures. He is control freak and asked them to write good things. How would any patients who needs his help will come to the forum and say bad thing. Just think about it.

#2: There are few people who went to spain and backed off from the surgery because of what they saw and meeting patient personally. Few of them try to paint the real picture but however shut it off. Even one tiny concern should be major flag in my book for this kind of surgery.

#3: My goal is to bring awareness and let other people know what can happen when picking a wrong hand. I will be more busy with work once i start picking more hours. I may not able to write regularly here. Right now i am in bed and i have some time to put my thoughts, share honest experience with everyone.

Despite all this you want to support or even want to be his patient. Than by all means go to Spain and break your leg. I will pray god for those innocent heart.

I want to bring awareness and that is one objective of me coming back and writing here.

Cooper has reason. He isn't the only bad case. Other patients are facing worse or similar complications but they don't want to talk. Most of them require additional surgeries due to the doctor's inexperience. The worst part is some of his patients will have awful long-term sequels in bones, soft tissues and nerves. There's nothing that can be done about some cases. I wouldn't choose Monegal. I want to bring awareness and this is my objective here in this post.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »

Why is lack of ethics so pervasive in LL? Monegal is a liar. He underplays risks to get your money and if you have a problem he doesn't tell you the truth. I don't understand how he can sleep at night. He has destroyed so many limbs and lives

There is MM. Beautiful girl whose legs have been destroyed. She wasn't short. She won't walk again. She has very ugly scars. Worst case ever. The doctor seduced her so that she didn't tell the truth in the forum.

There is the teenage boy. He wanted to be a professional sports player. He has permanent nerve damage. The doctor didn't tell him his sport skills would be ruined forever.

There is Cooper. We don't need his Xrays. He is a recognized member of LL community. We believe him. He did his femurs with Paley, then took the worst decision of his life when he went to Spain. He was crippled for months. His life was almost ruined by this man.

There is me, almost a victim. I took a good decision because I was clever enough to do my research before choosing him.

Please, stay away from Spain. Think about all these people. Other patients have problems too but the doctor has purchased their silence.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »

Lluser1, I think you're wrong. Dr Monegal hasn't 'destroyed many limbs and lives'. He has helped and is helping now many people to achieve their dreams. If there is something that doesn't let him sleep it's not remorse or guilt, but his concern for his patients, because he really cares.

As for the cases you are commenting upon, I am not allowed to disclose details from these patient's medical records, but side effects like temporary nerve pain are usual in this kind of surgery. I suffered from this after my first surgery and I'm perfectly fine now. Second, don’t talk about me to say I won’t walk again. I’m recovering now. I’m using crutches and I hope I will walk unaided very soon. Third, my scars aren’t beautiful, but I hope they will get better with time. Take into account that I have gone through multiple surgeries, not just one, like most people, due to diverse complications (fracture). That’s why my scars are different.

To conclude, I would like to emphasize that I have been here for a very long time and I have got to meet most of Dr Monegal's patients. I keep in touch with most of them and they are recovering well. The doctor hasn't purchased anybody's silence. So, please, stop posting false information. You’re the main reason why Dr. Monegal’s patients don’t visit this forum anymore. We’re tired of you and the toxic environment you create every time you post.

Your complication was beyond severe and not at all a usual complication. I wont disclose the info I heard about you on this forum because it is your personal medical info. But you have hidden the fact that you had a severe complication for a very long time saying you had nothing. Also, Saying that Monegal did hundreds of cosmetic cases is completely false as he hasnt done even 15 cosmetic cases.
 I am sorry, but being more than a year and a half wheelchair bound is not a normal thing and was not reported with any other of the so called "top notch docs".
  I also know the reason why you defend the doc so furiously and honestly, it is more that ridicoulous.
I still hope you will get back 100% though.
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

Your complication was beyond severe and not at all a usual complication. I wont disclose the info I heard about you on this forum because it is your personal medical info. But you have hidden the fact that you had a severe complication for a very long time saying you had nothing. Also, Saying that Monegal did hundreds of cosmetic cases is completely false as he hasnt done even 15 cosmetic cases.
 I am sorry, but being more than a year and a half wheelchair bound is not a normal thing and was not reported with any other of the so called "top notch docs".
  I also know the reason why you defend the doc so furiously and honestly, it is more that ridicoulous.
I still hope you will get back 100% though.

Not a severe complication, several severe complications, and she posted here she was fine. She had the fracture very early and only told the truth when people put pressure on her. Doctor Monegal is a compulsive liar and Musicmaker is Monegal's pawn created in his image and likeness.

Personal medical info can't be disclosed on this forum but everybody knows this girl's case is a disaster, the worst case ever in LL history (fracture, failed surgeries, malfunction of implants and others). She should be furious instead of furiously defending the doctor and buying mobile phones for him.

onemorefoot

« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »

Please we shouldnt became paranoic. Dr Monegal is a high skilled surgeon(actually one of the best), the prove is that he was taught by the best and he is certificated by a high level company.Bohemia had a good recovery, Yagen , so would be ridiculous that those people hide things and that their good journasl were casuality,I think is because the care and skills of the doctor.And if we said that other surgeons have negligible complications, we should consider the number of cases too, because in the case that some surgeon has done 1000 cases failling 50, the error would be 5 %; and if other surgeon has done 50 cases and failes 2.5 would be the same apparently, but we should consider that this doesnt indicate that when the surgeon with 50 cases does 1000 will fail 50, maybe can be less(I think this is more possible because when you become more experienced you avoid and solve problems better) or more (but it is not probable).
Budget will determine my future.

aussieboy

« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

I would have gone for Dr Monegal if not for the horror stories on the forum and he also refused any discount to the procedure.. If he had discounted, I might have considered. I don't want to pay so much money to have my legs butchered!

onemorefoot

« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »

I am new here and I think that the only patient that had  complications was Cooper or not? But I have read other diaries from Yagen, Glenn,Bohemia,SnD and all are well without complications. For example with Sarin there have been complications too, but Sweden is well, so what happen?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #323 on: July 19, 2016, 11:18:56 PM »

I am new here and I think that the only patient that had  complications was Cooper or not? But I have read other diaries from Yagen, Glenn,Bohemia,SnD and all are well without complications. For example with Sarin there have been complications too, but Sweden is well, so what happen?

Please we shouldnt became paranoic. Dr Monegal is a high skilled surgeon(actually one of the best), the prove is that he was taught by the best and he is certificated by a high level company.Bohemia had a good recovery, Yagen , so would be ridiculous that those people hide things and that their good journasl were casuality,I think is because the care and skills of the doctor.And if we said that other surgeons have negligible complications, we should consider the number of cases too, because in the case that some surgeon has done 1000 cases failling 50, the error would be 5 %; and if other surgeon has done 50 cases and failes 2.5 would be the same apparently, but we should consider that this doesnt indicate that when the surgeon with 50 cases does 1000 will fail 50, maybe can be less(I think this is more possible because when you become more experienced you avoid and solve problems better) or more (but it is not probable).

You have no idea! Cooper is the only brave patient. He told the truth because he was free from him as he went to a different doctor to fix his leg. Other patients have to come back to him to continue their treatments or remove their nails.

Some patients may be OK but I know most of them have had or still have some issues. There have been patients with non union and pseudoarthrosis, multiple misalignments, horrible fractures, severe nerve problems, malfunction and bending of nails. There are no more than 20 cosmetic patients and a large percentage of them is having problems.

Musicmaker was the worst case. She had her first surgery 2 years ago and is still wheelchairbounded. She wasn't short. The doctor shouldn't have taken her as a patient, but he did it. Now she can't walk and her legs are ugly with scars. She had all the possible complications in her. Cooper's case is also very bad. Read his diary.

The worst part about this doctor isn't his (lack of) skill. The worst part is his dishonesty. He presents himself as the king of Leg Lengthening and hides from prospective patients the cases which went wrong. He acts very nice at the beginning and you think he is great but once he gets your money he doesn't care anymore as he is fishing new poor souls.

onemorefoot

« Reply #324 on: July 19, 2016, 11:53:29 PM »

Ok
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:31:31 AM by onemorefoot »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2016, 12:06:34 AM »

Save it or take your own risks.
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2016, 12:14:22 AM »

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:48:23 AM by CCMidwest »
5'7.5

onemorefoot

« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2016, 12:40:46 AM »

Thank you CCMidWest, I really appreciate your help.

onemorefoot

« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2016, 01:23:00 AM »

So.....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:41:06 AM by onemorefoot »

PatientZero

« Reply #329 on: July 20, 2016, 01:32:09 AM »

I'm gay. For some donuts.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #330 on: July 22, 2016, 10:04:52 PM »

Why have you edited your posts? Many people in this forum have things to hide.

onemorefoot

« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:43 PM »

I edited them, because is better stay neutral in some situations because of lack of knowledge. I knew that someone will tell me that.Now I am confused.

Wazzup

« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

Does Dr. Monegal still work for clinica diagonal in Barcelona? I have no idea why but i can no longer find him on theirs website:

http://www.clinicadiagonal.com/en/trauma-and-orthopaedic-surgery

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »

Does Dr. Monegal still work for clinica diagonal in Barcelona? I have no idea why but i can no longer find him on theirs website:

http://www.clinicadiagonal.com/en/trauma-and-orthopaedic-surgery

Perhaps they have realised he's not good for them. He has lots of bad cases, lack of ethics, use of profanity and improper behavior at work with patients and coworkers. Do you want some examples? In America he would have been fired many months ago but Spain is a third world country for this

Auron

« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2016, 10:15:01 PM »

Perhaps they have realised he's not good for them. He has lots of bad cases, lack of ethics, use of profanity and improper behavior at work with patients and coworkers. Do you want some examples? In America he would have been fired many months ago but Spain is a third world country for this
I don't think anyone takes you seriously lol.

Just saying.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »

If you don't take me seriously it's your problem but do believe when I say he is facing cases and potential cases of negligence and uses improper behavior at work. Everybody in this forum knows about their patients' medical problems. Other issues... He uses obscene language and words. Before his surgery he told Cooper in the operating room 'You're my bitch' and he said he wanted to fk Musicmaker and she wanted too. He also showed her private medical pics in underwear to people. In America he would have ALREADY been fired.

CCMidwest

« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2016, 10:38:22 PM »

10)  Hogging the Forum

Constantly replying to a thread (or multiple threads) by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles.

he said he wanted to fk Musicmaker and she wanted too.

Major Violations (will result in a warning or immediate ban depending on severity)

1)  Insulting/Name Calling/Hostility toward another member (ie. retard, piece of s**t, mentally ill).   This include instigating/provoking another member into hostility.
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »

What the hell is going here anymore

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »

@ Midwest I haven't insulted. I have said that he used those words with patients and that's true. Ask Cooper and other patients

Auron

« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »

If you don't take me seriously it's your problem but do believe when I say he is facing cases and potential cases of negligence and uses improper behavior at work. Everybody in this forum knows about their patients' medical problems. Other issues... He uses obscene language and words. Before his surgery he told Cooper in the operating room 'You're my bitch' and he said he wanted to fk Musicmaker and she wanted too. He also showed her private medical pics in underwear to people. In America he would have ALREADY been fired.
To be honest, I think everyone in this forum knows about your obsession with Monegal. And yet, he keeps on having succeful surgeries with his patients. You're like a broken record, man.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »

Where are those patients?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Up