Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal  (Read 292011 times)

zantac20

Re: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »

ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS

Poor beautiful Musicmaker broken doll with broken legs. I feel very sorry for her. She wasn't short and she has lost everything and she doesn't say anything because the doctor takes advantage of her goodwill. She has spent more than 100k, she can't work anymore, she can't walk anymore. She lies to the forum members but the doctor lies to her. Her case is  much worse than what you read here. Liars. Other patients told me the truth.

The doctor doesn't care because he can walk and he can work and he has her money and all patients' money. He only cares about money not about patients. He doesn't give a crap about Musicmaker, Cooper and the teenage guy. Surgery is bad. Attention is bad. Some patients complained he was always late for appointments and Xrays or never showed up. You get what you pay for. He is cheap. Paley is expensive, but Paley is better. Not much attention but good surgery at least. Cheap is expensive. That's the lesson we have to learn.

Ask Cooper. He wanted to save  money and he made a very bad deal. He lost money, a very large amount. Poor Cooper would have lost his job too but he had some resources, he could work at home. Not everything was lost but he was very depressed and this affected him a lot.

This is a cautionary tale for you all. Cheap is expensive.

He said that. You can ask patients. He makes inappropriate comments all the time, sexual comments, and doesn't have a professional behavior with coworkers and patients and nurses. He said Cooper was his bitch and he said he wanted to fk Musicmaker and she wanted too. The first day he met her he invited her dinner and Musicmaker said yes. They both fancy each other and say the other is hot. Be ready to be harrasSed if you are a woman or if he wants to get something from you. He makes inappropriate comments about every woman he sees even in the hospital and he texts frantically to get what he wants from all his patients (support in forum). He behaves like a 15 year old. In America he would have been fired long time ago. Many inappropriate things going on in Spain.

@LLcaptain you make fun of me and you aren't right. Many people here know I'm telling the truth.

You say you don't want to sound trollish but then I read this

"He said Cooper was his bitch and he was going to fk Musickmaker"

I really really doubt a sane person would say such things, at least in public. And trust me, you can't go as far as being a a renowned doctor being insane...

I thank you for warning us if you really believe this doctor isn't worthy, but I still need to talk with him and make my decision.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »

You say you don't want to sound trollish but then I read this

"He said Cooper was his bitch and he was going to fk Musickmaker"

I really really doubt a sane person would say such things, at least in public. And trust me, you can't go as far as being a a renowned doctor being insane...

I thank you for warning us if you really believe this doctor isn't worthy, but I still need to talk with him and make my decision.

That's the key, no sane person would say that but he does. You can ask his patients. In my opinion he has a personality disorder but it's just my opinion. Having a personality disorder is not the same as being crazy, btw.

Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

ub40

« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2016, 05:08:35 PM »

Man, if monegal and one of his patients fancy each other that's their business. You're a really creepy dude LLuser. You're white knighting for someone that doesn't want you to, that's what stalkers do
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »

By the way he has been removed from Diagonal website but also from Wittenstein website
http://intens.wittenstein.de/en-en/company/fitbone-for-surgeons/
The only fitbone doctor in Spain is Dr Ignacio Ginebreda
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »

My case was bad but all doctors have bad cases, even Paley and Guichet, and I am happy to say that, fortunately, I'm almost done now.

I guess we are waiting for an update so we can finally end that great parade of destroying eachother sandcastles.

Deads

« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »

By the way he has been removed from Diagonal website but also from Wittenstein website
http://intens.wittenstein.de/en-en/company/fitbone-for-surgeons/
The only fitbone doctor in Spain is Dr Ignacio Ginebreda

-.- this is pointless

Clínica Diagonal belongs To an insurance Company called Fiatc. The reason why I do not appear in The website is because I am not treating insurance holders anymore as I am now focused in LL And reconstruction procedures.

Already been covered by the doc.

Best course of action would be to ignore all his future posts. He won't stop and mods obviously don't feel like he's worthy of banning.

Dingo

« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »

Dr Monegal,

Can you do Precice nail instead of Fitbone?

If you can, what would be the cost of 2 femurs with Precice nails inserted through the hip and not the knee?

Thank you.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2016, 04:27:49 PM »

Dr Monegal,

Can you do Precice nail instead of Fitbone?

If you can, what would be the cost of 2 femurs with Precice nails inserted through the hip and not the knee?

Thank you.

He can't do Precice even he has said that to one member of the forum. If he does Precice Fitbone should be informed. Not allowed.

Through the hip? You don't know what you're talking about. He only uses the knee approach. Only one cosmetic case through the hip (musicmaker) and her femurs was destroyed.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2016, 04:48:26 PM »

You are wrong again.

WE do not sign exclusivity contract with WITTENSTEIN.
I have been offered To use Precice But I prefer The Fitbone system.

Nails throught The hip? I do that everyday. Problem here Is You lose The point and think CLL Is The only procedure we perform. Problem I see with antegrade Is triple:

1- You can damage gluteus medius
2- You cannot correct deformities
3- femur Is curved and putting a straight rot can cause a fracture.

It happened To me with MM...But It happened Also To Guichet, Paley and many others.

Nice To hear from You again.
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

TIBIKE200

« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2016, 07:47:49 PM »

You are wrong again.

WE do not sign exclusivity contract with WITTENSTEIN.
I have been offered To use Precice But I prefer The Fitbone system.

Nails throught The hip? I do that everyday. Problem here Is You lose The point and think CLL Is The only procedure we perform. Problem I see with antegrade Is triple:

1- You can damage gluteus medius
2- You cannot correct deformities
3- femur Is curved and putting a straight rot can cause a fracture.

It happened To me with MM...But It happened Also To Guichet, Paley and many others.

Nice To hear from You again.

If the femur is curved, what's the difference with the entrance point? It's still curved no? Also, how does the entrance point influence deformity corrections?
I learned some stuff during this time

Koi

« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2016, 10:03:06 AM »

I think Dr. Monegal is my first choice, since I'm Spanish and I live near Barcelona. However, reading these posts scares me. Could someone explain me what happened to musicmaker, please? What's with Cooper? Are they both fine again?

Mtall

« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »

I can hear LL user banging on the door, but the moderators won't let him in  ;D ;D

Koi

« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »

I can hear LL user banging on the door, but the moderators won't let him in  ;D ;D
I really, really hope he's just a troll... I really want to believe everything he says in his posts is false information... He has even talked about death and people with permanent complications... Even if I trust it's just bs, whenever I read one of his posts, the "finally being taller" dream falls to the ground for a moment... :-\

The Kaiser

« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:45 AM »

I really, really hope he's just a troll... I really want to believe everything he says in his posts is false information... He has even talked about death and people with permanent complications... Even if I trust it's just bs, whenever I read one of his posts, the "finally being taller" dream falls to the ground for a moment... :-\

There are many doctors, so if you heard some doctors is that bad, this should not break you, you can find another doctor  ;)

About LLuser, am sure the death story is not true. I don't have many infos about Dr Monegal, but read some people's diary, i don't know if he's expert but am sure he's friendly and kind one

Bander72

« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »

You all noticie that since mongeal left that women stoped posting.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TIBIKE200

« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2016, 05:53:40 AM »

I can tell you that she is real though... I have spoken with people who have seen her about a year ago when they visited the clinic (2 people). Never asked about her condition... Just wanted to know if she is real.

And again, if her condition is as bad as LLuser/Lgazer say it is, she is a real nutjob for staying with the doc not to speak about defending him....
I learned some stuff during this time

ub40

« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »

They finally banned that tool?

The Kaiser

« Reply #389 on: October 24, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »

They finally banned that tool?

What happened to you? which method you choose and with who? i see your signature, still consolidated from May i think its a long time?

Koi

« Reply #390 on: October 24, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »

I can tell you that she is real though... I have spoken with people who have seen her about a year ago when they visited the clinic (2 people). Never asked about her condition... Just wanted to know if she is real.

And again, if her condition is as bad as LLuser/Lgazer say it is, she is a real nutjob for staying with the doc not to speak about defending him....
I did some research. None of the people that died in there had anything to do with the LL procedure. Monegal has his own reasons to stop posting here but I can tell you it has nothing to do with that incident. 

Cheers.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #391 on: October 24, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »

Monegal is still using probably one of the worst nails possible, unreliable and not weight bearing. Or practices like lengthening one limb and then the other one.

Especially that he isn't really cheaper than doctors which offer Precise 2 lengthening...

Ozymandias

« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2016, 08:50:54 PM »

Monegal is still using probably one of the worst nails possible, unreliable and not weight bearing. Or practices like lengthening one limb and then the other one.

Especially that he isn't really cheaper than doctors which offer Precise 2 lengthening...

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

This forum is full of """"""experts""""""

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2016, 09:00:35 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

This forum is full of """"""experts""""""

Good that we have someone who can support his arguments somehow without pointless 1 sentence writing.

Stripes

« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2016, 09:06:06 PM »

What's your criticism of lengthening one leg at a time?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »

What's your criticism of lengthening one leg at a time?

Risk of ending with discrepancy basically.

Lgazer

« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »

Risk of ending with discrepancy basically.

especially if doctor doesn't pay attention to you and this man is not organized according to his patients

Ozymandias

« Reply #397 on: October 25, 2016, 05:26:44 AM »

Good that we have someone who can support his arguments somehow without pointless 1 sentence writing.

I can develop it a bit further: there is a 99.99% chance that you are not qualified (neither I am) to make a statement such as "fitbone is one of the worst nails possible" or call it "unreliable". You have never perform a serious, scientific study comparing all the internal nails, and if you look at the existing scientific literature, you can see that -on average- both nails have comparable complication rates and weight-bearing capacities.

especially if doctor doesn't pay attention to you and this man is not organized according to his patients

But you are not LLuser1, right? Sure you aren't  ::)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #398 on: October 25, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »

I can develop it a bit further: there is a 99.99% chance that you are not qualified (neither I am) to make a statement such as "fitbone is one of the worst nails possible" or call it "unreliable". You have never perform a serious, scientific study comparing all the internal nails, and if you look at the existing scientific literature, you can see that -on average- both nails have comparable complication rates and weight-bearing capacities.

It's purely based on people experience. I'm mostly comparing fitbone to precise 2/gnail
Height loss and need of additional surgery.
And as far as i know Precise 2 can at least weight bear as twice as much.

I think i don't need to be qualified to be entitled to my personal opinion don't you think?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:05:04 AM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

ub40

« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »

What happened to you? which method you choose and with who? i see your signature, still consolidated from May i think its a long time?

I'm at the 6-7 month mark. External are 8-10 months usually so I'm on schedule

Auron

« Reply #400 on: October 25, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »

It's purely based on people experience. I'm mostly comparing fitbone to precise 2/gnail
Height loss and need of additional surgery.
And as far as i know Precise 2 can at least weight bear as twice as much.

I think i don't need to be qualified to be entitled to my personal opinion don't you think?
The latest diary of a precise2 patient reported a malfunction in the nail which had to be replaced. Just saying.

Lgazer

« Reply #401 on: October 25, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »

NoRegrets you don't know what you're saying. I'm not Lluser and the case you are talking about has nothing to do with Fitbone failures. In Penguins case the nail failed in OR and was replaced immediately in the same OR (no need of extra surgery). However, when Fitbone has failed in the past it has failed in OR and they had no replacement for the poor patient (not Penguin's case) or it failed when the patient had done 1 cm or 5 cm and needed several extra surgeries. It has failed many times according to patients themselves. The doctor said to his future patients it never failed and that's the reason why Lluser and other people exposed him here.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »

Dear Users

Of Course You are not Lluser.
As To clarify with The implant subject:

In my experience I had no case of implant failure until The case You refer To. The only thing I explained To my patients was The statistic given To me by The manufacturer (12 failures in more than 2000 Fitbone 4 Implants).

About implant choice:

I have explained several times The perfect implant does not exist. There are things about Precice I prefer from The Fitbone, and things from The Fitbone I prefer from The precice. In my opinion I prefer The Fitbone because It s not just a nail, we have bone transport nail (not available with precice) and we can adapt The system To a prosthesis (in case of bone tumour).
I have been offered To use Precice (They offered me 10% profit) and I refused. WITTENSTEIN surgeons do not get any profit prom The companys.
On top of that, I have no experience with precice and You can read in Acta Ortopedica about The reliability of Precice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4062798/

About G nail It s based On Albizzia Nail. This Is way back in The implant evolution When compared with Fitbone OR Precice. Guichet Is an outstanding surgeon and he Is confident with his system. I think that at The end The system Should be a surgeon's choice based On their experience and How confident They feel about It.

About weigthbearing:

Problem with load Is that all The weigth relies in The locking screws during The first 8-10 weeks of distraction. This can cause screw loosening Or bending. I have seen tests On fitbones done with 200kg load and Implant was working after that. The screw issue Is for ANY internal implant.

Lluser said a lot of things. More than 300 posts..even saying one of The patients in The guesthouse died because of femur fracture. The other guy posted pictures of amputated People. You can defend that, But in my opinion This Should never be published in The forum because It s not true and shows a lack of respect and credibility from The user and from The forum ítself.
Cheers
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Up