Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Found a doctor who preforms clavicle lengthening.  (Read 8490 times)

vegeta24

Found a doctor who preforms clavicle lengthening.
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:35:26 AM »

Well I posted here a while ago, I'm 5'7 and don't have the best skeletal frame. I might do LL, I might not but something that also bothered me was my shoulder width. I also asked about clavicle lengthening here. There is a doctor in Beverly Hills by the name Leif Rogers who preforms the surgery. I emailed one of his assistants and she has said he still preforms the surgery, even though someone on this forum said he does not anymore. Just thought I would share with you guys who might want to widen your frame after lengthening or just in general.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482270 Showing it was done before.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27878768

onemorefoot

Re: Found a doctor who preforms clavicle lengthening.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:27:55 AM »

Stay away, very dangerous.
Budget will determine my future.

Jack1066

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »

Sounds dodgy to me. 

Jack1066

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »

If you work out (don't need to get really buff) you can still widen your shoulders a bit. Mine are about an inch narrower than average but if I work out they become pretty much bang on the average width.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »

If you work out (don't need to get really buff) you can still widen your shoulders a bit. Mine are about an inch narrower than average but if I work out they become pretty much bang on the average width.

This. Tbqh mate I think it may just be safer to roid and get as wide chest/shoulders as possible (cause that's where some hormone interceptors lay, if you roid they will widen) than to try lengthening like this.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »

This. Tbqh mate I think it may just be safer to roid and get as wide chest/shoulders as possible (cause that's where some hormone interceptors lay, if you roid they will widen) than to try lengthening like this.

+1 but dont over do ur cycle u might end up with titties n a small d

vegeta24

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »

Working out doesn't widen your skeletal frame, it only makes you look wider when you flex your lats. I posted this to help others here. Calling it dangerous is kind of ironic when the clavicle has less soft tissue and nerves connected to it than the tibia or femurs. I definitely do think people should proceed with caution with any surgery, this could be helpful for those worried about their proportions. Also most people would not be comfortable taking steroids, it's pointless unless you plan on blasting and cruising and not cycling. I'm personally interested in this surgery so I wanted to see others thoughts.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »

i see how it can add to wingspan but wouldnt it look un proportional after a bit of lengthening compared to ur presumably narrow hips?

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 09:50:24 PM »

and i think buff deltoids can give the illusion of a wide clavicle

vegeta24

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »

It's considered attractive to have shoulders noticeably wider than your hips for men. I'm personally surprised that more people here aren't concerned with shoulder width but would be with arm length, Nobody never really notices your arm length in person. I have not found any evidence of anything going wrong while lengthening the clavicle. Also not all men have narrow hips. I'm personally interested in this procedure so I wanted to share with the people here who might be interested. Everyone here wants to be seen as more masculine, which is why they're here. Working out will only do so much, taking steroids so you can lose your gains while on PCT unless you blast and cruise, pointless.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »

height + proportionate arms > over everything else

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »

It's considered attractive to have shoulders noticeably wider than your hips for men. I'm personally surprised that more people here aren't concerned with shoulder width but would be with arm length, Nobody never really notices your arm length in person. I have not found any evidence of anything going wrong while lengthening the clavicle. Also not all men have narrow hips. I'm personally interested in this procedure so I wanted to share with the people here who might be interested. Everyone here wants to be seen as more masculine, which is why they're here. Working out will only do so much, taking steroids so you can lose your gains while on PCT unless you blast and cruise, pointless.

Very concerned with shoulder width and CL is something I've thought of before, but who knows how it would affect body mechanics. For a safer alternative, check out deltoid implants. You'd be surprised as to how much of a dramatic difference a few centimeters can make in your frame.

But if you haven't tried it yet, don't completely rule out working out. Look at what this guy was able to accomplish in terms of shoulder width in only 30 days : That's +4.5 inches and he's doing it full natty. I'm assuming if he hopped on roids in another 30 days he could be +6 inches around.

vegeta24

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 01:09:14 AM »

he hasn't added inches. A one inch gain in shoulder width is a huge difference, that's about 3cm. If he added one inch he would be wider on the right side even. I used to think people had 4 or 5 inches of shoulder width on me, that's actually not even close to the case. I have looked at deltoid implants before, but if someone can lengthen the actual clavicle I would prefer that. But yeah on the right side he's expanding his rib cage and most likely holding his breath. Not to say he doesn't look better, but that's not really that big of a gain. Working out can help, but i don't want to take steroids for the side effects. Possible balding, gyno, mood swings. I don't want to feel good for three months straight then have 0 testosterone for the next three months with no libido. I'm not a doctor by any means, but I feel as if lengthening the clavicle has to be a less minor procedure than lengthening the legs, due to the fact that it has less soft tissue and nerves around it. We will see, thanks for your advice.

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 06:00:32 AM »

I agree with Vegeta in that I feel that clavicle lengthening shouldn't be any more dangerous than leg lengthening. I know this is just anecdotal but I've met a guy who broke his clavicle and never bothered with the sling and everything and as a result has one shoulder longer than the other with no ill effects. Vegeta did the assistant say how much the procedure was and what exactly it entails? I'm a bit like you in that my shoulders aren't exactly the widest.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

I agree with Vegeta in that I feel that clavicle lengthening shouldn't be any more dangerous than leg lengthening. I know this is just anecdotal but I've met a guy who broke his clavicle and never bothered with the sling and everything and as a result has one shoulder longer than the other with no ill effects. Vegeta did the assistant say how much the procedure was and what exactly it entails? I'm a bit like you in that my shoulders aren't exactly the widest.

Sigh you are all staring to convince me. So basically I will break my femur, tibia, humerus, and clavicle. I hope I'm still mobile at 40.

vegeta24

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 02:33:31 PM »

The assistant informed me I would need to schedule a counsultation to get info on the pricing and everything. On his old website the surgery was advertised and it contained the same process as LL. It involved expanding the bone. The doctor is Leif Rogers in Beverly Hills. He was talked about on this forum before but people said he doesn't perform it anymore, but he does. It is probably around the same risk level as LL but it might even be less risky. I had the assistant verify that this procedure is still confirmed and she confirmed that clavicle lengthening is still a procedure he performs.

vegeta24

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20150113005221/http://www.leifrogersmd.com/site/old%20site/male_shoulder_widening.html I found the procedure in an archive.org because it's not advertised on his new website. It's the same method as LL it looks like. Does anyone here have contact with any LL doctors, or any on this forum? I would like to get their opinion on this.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20150113005221/http://www.leifrogersmd.com/site/old%20site/male_shoulder_widening.html I found the procedure in an archive.org because it's not advertised on his new website. It's the same method as LL it looks like. Does anyone here have contact with any LL doctors, or any on this forum? I would like to get their opinion on this.

Besides LL doctors I'd consult multiple ortho's. Someone else in an older thread on here said they contacted their ortho and strongly advised them against it (weight-bearing bones and non-weight bearing bones being very different for distraction lengthening apparently).

vegeta24

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 04:25:09 AM »

Besides LL doctors I'd consult multiple ortho's. Someone else in an older thread on here said they contacted their ortho and strongly advised them against it (weight-bearing bones and non-weight bearing bones being very different for distraction lengthening apparently).

Makes sense, If I can't find any doctor besides Leif Rogers I will either go to him or just get implants most likely. Orthos would also strongly advise others to LL though. I'm pretty sure it's preformed on patients with this disorder https://www.researchgate.net/figure/11048384_fig3_Fig-3-Clavicular-diversifications-A-and-B-Abnormal-shoulder-movement-because-of also shows before and after. Do regular orthos have experience with distraction lengthening?

vegeta24

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

So everyone this may be direct proof that lengthening the clavicle in a normal individual would result in increased width. http://www.dr-kimura.com/ope/ope-list/other/

There is a doctor in Japan who preforms clavicle shortening for a price of $8,000 USD. I am trying to find out if the surgeon preforms lengthening as well, I was told decreasing clavicle width is impossible due to the scapula. I think the scapula adapts to wherever the clavicle is. Surely shortening the bone sounds like a more difficult process than lengthening it?

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »

While clavicle lengthening may be theoretically safer than limb lengthening, it's even more uncommon than it with very, very little information, even anecdotal regarding it. I would stay away from it for the time being.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »

Oh....didn't expect to find fapping material in this forum.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

vegeta24

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »

Hey guys I just realized something. The method this guy uses isn't distraction osteogenesis. It's him literally just cutting the bone and inserting a bone graft from another bone such as the rib or hip. So that means the downtime would be even less and recovery would be shorter. This could be better. I am still attempting to gather more information.

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »

Hey guys I just realized something. The method this guy uses isn't distraction osteogenesis. It's him literally just cutting the bone and inserting a bone graft from another bone such as the rib or hip. So that means the downtime would be even less and recovery would be shorter. This could be better. I am still attempting to gather more information.

thats fking interesting. I'd consult dr rogers but dont wanna waste my time because i doubt its cheap since his a us doc.

vegeta24

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »

I have found another american plastic surgeon who said they will preform it. I am looking for opinions on orthopedic doctors and maybe even possibly finding one to preform it and if it will transfer into actual measurable shoulder width.

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 01:10:51 AM »

I have found another american plastic surgeon who said they will preform it. I am looking for opinions on orthopedic doctors and maybe even possibly finding one to preform it and if it will transfer into actual measurable shoulder width.

how much u gonna lengthen ideally?

vegeta24

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2017, 04:55:00 AM »

how much u gonna lengthen ideally?

shoulder wise or leg wise, leg wise only 4-5 cm.

cheesegeter

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »

Did you end up going through with this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up