Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arms length after LL  (Read 694 times)

lengthenme

• Visitor
Arms length after LL
« on: December 26, 2021, 03:53:04 PM »

Hi All,

So I am planning to get my femur lengthened for 6-7 cm , but mostly I am going with 7 cm. I am concerned with regards to my arms length if they are going to look off, so I have measured myself like below :
 upper arm (humerus) : 30 cm
Forearms : 26-27 cm
hands: 17 cm ( I know they are freaking small)
this leaves me with 73 arm length
My wingspan is 170 cm (but I guess this due to wide shoulders) and height is 166 cm
I would like to know what is the average/normal arm length for 173 cm height and do I need arm lengthening in my case to balance the raitos .

LLprime3

Re: Arms length after LL
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 07:00:46 PM »

Hi All,

So I am planning to get my femur lengthened for 6-7 cm , but mostly I am going with 7 cm. I am concerned with regards to my arms length if they are going to look off, so I have measured myself like below :
 upper arm (humerus) : 30 cm
Forearms : 26-27 cm
hands: 17 cm ( I know they are freaking small)
this leaves me with 73 arm length
My wingspan is 170 cm (but I guess this due to wide shoulders) and height is 166 cm
I would like to know what is the average/normal arm length for 173 cm height and do I need arm lengthening in my case to balance the raitos .

Average wingspan : height is 1:1
From there it's a bell curve in terms of deviation towards both directions (shorter and longer arms).
Many people are 1 inch off from their height, a bit less are off 2 inches, which I consider to be still within the normal range.
You would be off just a bit more than 1 inch (+2.5 cm) so you're fine going by the numbers - and visually too.

ape index is the keyword you want to look into
Pages: [1]   Go Up