Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I had my LL in 2001-2002  (Read 8754 times)

ub40

Re: I had my LL in 2001-2002
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »

Hello Cubman,

first I want to congratulate you - doing LL successfully in the late 40s is a great achievement.

Your story was an interesting read for me, because I see a lot of parallels to mine.
I lengthened in Kiev as well, with Dr. Jamal in 2013. Also our starting height is the same. I too went from 5.5 to 5.8, but lost some of the gained height due to non union and resulting nail breakage on both sides. Probably I gained a little over 6cm permanently after all.

May I ask what was done in the States to heal your non union? Mine has not properly been healed yet, even though I can walk without crutches since almost 1 year and it looks close to normal.
A non union is a tough LL complication, many people on the forums underestimate it.

And one more question (maybe I missed the answer in your previous posts): Can you run and do difficult sports like soccer/tennis/squash or the likes?

Best Regards
emanuel

Hey Emmanuel. It seems that alot of Dr Jamal's patients have non union. Were you able to solve this problem. If so how? Hope you're doing well
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up