Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley Institute | Bilateral Femur Surgery | Dr Dr Deszczyński & Dr Albrewczyński  (Read 10266 times)

IgnoredByMods

Re: Quadrilateral 171cm to 181cm journey w/Paley + advice needed
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2022, 11:20:36 PM »

Also on a side note, I am no longer considering quadrilateral. I am perfectly happy with the results. I only have femur LL in my mind now. It is beautiful how 2 inches changed my perspective, can’t wait to see how it’ll be when I reach 5’11-6ft (assuming I’m lucky enough with HGH).

CrispinGloverFan12

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2022, 11:46:03 PM »

Can I have some advice as to how to approach my doctor about getting a bone examination

CrispinGloverFan12

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2022, 11:47:43 PM »

I'm so glad you found peace in 2 inches! I bet if i wore 2 inch lifts I would feel much better about my life

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2022, 01:34:28 AM »

Quick update: Saw a public endocrinologist and he judged me HARD. Looks like I will have to continue funding my own GH. That's fine I guess, I'll just delay LL for a while.

In his own words "It's not worth it, you'll only gain a few inches." Yeah bro that is the point...

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2022, 10:47:04 AM »

Can I have some advice as to how to approach my doctor about getting a bone examination

Say you’d like to check if your growth plates are open. A leg MRI is great for this. Sometimes hand X rays are done but I’m not a fan of them.

thaw1010

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2022, 02:20:57 PM »

Say you’d like to check if your growth plates are open. A leg MRI is great for this. Sometimes hand X rays are done but I’m not a fan of them.

Just realized something kinda late... with that sitting height you should have been an absolute giant. Makes me feel a bit better about missing my genetic potential by 2-3 cm lmao

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2022, 08:09:26 PM »

Just realized something kinda late... with that sitting height you should have been an absolute giant. Makes me feel a bit better about missing my genetic potential by 2-3 cm lmao

I'm wondering what height it would translate to. What do you think?

I personally wouldn't want to be taller than 6'2, knocking your head everywhere doesn't sound fun.

This makes me wonder how tall my kids will be if I have kids (specially as I'll track development closely).

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2022, 09:07:18 PM »

Another measurement taken today: Knee height = 54cm / 21in. I noticed that on r/tall, I had a similar knee height to someone who's 5'11-6'1. One person who was 6'9 had a 25.5in knee height. Because of this, I believe that I have short femurs (which appears to be the case when I'm on my knees, it looks a bit goofy). Looks like femur LL is the way to go!

thaw1010

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2022, 10:36:24 PM »

I'm wondering what height it would translate to. What do you think?

I personally wouldn't want to be taller than 6'2, knocking your head everywhere doesn't sound fun.

This makes me wonder how tall my kids will be if I have kids (specially as I'll track development closely).

Given that the average lower extremity/height ratio is around .5, probably 197cm+ to be honest (given that you're not a wild genetic anomaly + tall people usually have long legs proportionally). Yeah I'd agree after 6'2/3 the benefits diminish, but damn, I can't imagine losing that much from what could have been natural height... ouch. Are you sure you don't have a condition of some sort?

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2022, 10:47:04 PM »

I don’t really know. Many doctors are quite dismissive (went to an endocrinologist and he dismissed me saying it doesn’t matter and that I’m not that below average. Best thing will be to ask my LL surgeon once the time comes. My tibia are not that small. Most of the lost height appears to be in the femurs (I have 36cm femurs). Either it’s genetic, malnutrition, injury or who knows. Either way I think I am lucky relative to the forum. I have a long wingspan, large torso, somewhat long tibiae, long neck, etc. So I’m looking at the positive side, I guess I’m quite literally built for this surgery lmao

I remember @Medium talking about how someone did 2 femur LLs, I guess I could do that due to the femur:tibia ratio being nearly 1.

thaw1010

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2022, 10:58:30 PM »

I don’t really know. Many doctors are quite dismissive (went to an endocrinologist and he dismissed me saying it doesn’t matter and that I’m not that below average. Best thing will be to ask my LL surgeon once the time comes. My tibia are not that small. Most of the lost height appears to be in the femurs (I have 36cm femurs). Either it’s genetic, malnutrition, injury or who knows. Either way I think I am lucky relative to the forum. I have a long wingspan, large torso, somewhat long tibiae, long neck, etc. So I’m looking at the positive side, I guess I’m quite literally built for this surgery lmao

I remember @Medium talking about how someone did 2 femur LLs, I guess I could do that due to the femur:tibia ratio being nearly 1.

36in femurs? Yeah you're definitely right femur LL is 100% the way to go. Maybe it's just me but it would be on my mind forever if I knew "what could have been," so idk if it were me I would at least want some sort of diagnosis from the doctor. But yeah, you're probably pretty lucky in that case. I'm just glad that I'm getting this all out of the way in HS so by the time I'm in college, I'll be sorta a new person/have time to focus on getting into med school. This whole ordeal is making orthopedics and endocrinology pretty interesting haha. Best of luck on your journey

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2022, 11:44:24 PM »

36in femurs? Yeah you're definitely right femur LL is 100% the way to go. Maybe it's just me but it would be on my mind forever if I knew "what could have been," so idk if it were me I would at least want some sort of diagnosis from the doctor. But yeah, you're probably pretty lucky in that case. I'm just glad that I'm getting this all out of the way in HS so by the time I'm in college, I'll be sorta a new person/have time to focus on getting into med school. This whole ordeal is making orthopedics and endocrinology pretty interesting haha. Best of luck on your journey

Yeah, 36cm for femurs.

Honestly I don’t blame you. I feel a totally different treatment when I am sitting down (specially if people don’t know me beforehand). LL is definitely the way to go! Have you considered 2 femur LL? If you have long tibiae, you can avoid tibia LL which involves splitting the patella tendon. Many patients get pain from this so it’s worth considering it.

Doctor diagnosis is out of the window for now as they don’t really care unfortunately. I will definitely try to follow this up with someone that cares, this will probably be with my LL surgeon.

Both are amazing fields. I believe that endocrinology isn’t talked about enough in the forum. I hope to stick around to educate people on it.

thaw1010

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2022, 12:34:14 AM »

Yeah, 36cm for femurs.

Honestly I don’t blame you. I feel a totally different treatment when I am sitting down (specially if people don’t know me beforehand). LL is definitely the way to go! Have you considered 2 femur LL? If you have long tibiae, you can avoid tibia LL which involves splitting the patella tendon. Many patients get pain from this so it’s worth considering it.

Doctor diagnosis is out of the window for now as they don’t really care unfortunately. I will definitely try to follow this up with someone that cares, this will probably be with my LL surgeon.

Both are amazing fields. I believe that endocrinology isn’t talked about enough in the forum. I hope to stick around to educate people on it.

cm* my bad. I got xrays already, and 8cm on both the femurs and tibias would actually create the "normal" tib/fem ratio of .8, plus solve my minor duck feet so that's a plus. I couldn't imagine doing two surgeries on the same bone to be honest

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2022, 01:25:14 AM »

cm* my bad. I got xrays already, and 8cm on both the femurs and tibias would actually create the "normal" tib/fem ratio of .8, plus solve my minor duck feet so that's a plus. I couldn't imagine doing two surgeries on the same bone to be honest

That’s great to know, I will be following your journey closely!

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2022, 02:06:23 PM »

Btw I think you should read Sweden's posts. He did a similar lengthening for tibiae. His posts are very informative!

Hldrive

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2023, 05:53:52 PM »

Hey bro, may you post another update?

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »

I stopped taking HGH and I'm now preparing for my femur LL in January-February 2024. Will go for the full 8cm!

Hldrive

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2023, 06:16:51 PM »

I stopped taking HGH and I'm now preparing for my femur LL in January-February 2024. Will go for the full 8cm!

Did you stop at 175cm, that was last mentioned or did you manage to get close to the "projected to hit 178-181cm" which you said

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2023, 07:13:31 PM »

I stopped at the 175 mark because the cost would be the same as doing LL without the guarantee of growing more. Decided to save up for LL instead.

EnhancedExplore

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2023, 10:11:23 AM »

Having this sitting height and torso length has its pros and cons. When I am sitting down it can be quite fun to watch people trying to guess my height. I've been mistaken for being 6'3-6 so many times when I'm at a club. The reactions are definitely quite interesting to watch, but some are pretty brutal  ::).

Girls love to wear my XL hoodies which is always a fun conversation starter. However, I have a tall person problem without actually being tall. My head touches the ceiling of many cars while I sit down and seats in trains and planes are usually a bit too small.

Thanks for your advice. I will be contacting a GP tomorrow so I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. I started taking low HGH dosages privately and saw a 0,5cm increase in 6 weeks. You might be correct when it comes to the third option. I did not have a major growth spurt during "puberty" years. Instead, I saw linear growth which was constant since childhood.

I can't exactly do both high-dosage HGH and cover the quadrilateral surgery as 1-2 years of high-dosage HGH will basically cost the same as the surgery itself here.

I will see if I can get for cheaper/free in the public healthcare system by presenting evidence of the MRI scan, the doctor's letter stating that growth occurred with 6 weeks of HGH, and stating that I am currently on 0.023mg/kg/day of HGH which is considered a "low" dosage.

I am doing this without telling anyone (and I am therefore self-funding it) as I will be branded a lunatic by family members :P.

Damn brother, I can relate veryyy much to your situation.... my parents though me of some psycho when saw me pinning HGH.

You might also want to look into AIs (Aromatase Inhibhitors) like Letrozole which reduce estrogen in body and hence delay growth plate closure, increasing final height.

tallerwouldbenice

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2023, 08:27:13 PM »

Just a quick note to just go for 8 cm or whatever you can get on femurs bro.

Before going through LL you have no idea how painful and hard it is

Screw proportions and biomechanics. You should not count on your ability to do quadrilateral

Acemace86

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2023, 10:23:14 PM »

Wearing 2 inch lifts will just exacerbate your problem.

TheDream

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2024, 12:10:09 AM »

Damn brother, I can relate veryyy much to your situation.... my parents though me of some psycho when saw me pinning HGH.

You might also want to look into AIs (Aromatase Inhibhitors) like Letrozole which reduce estrogen in body and hence delay growth plate closure, increasing final height.

I thought estrogen made plates fuse faster hence why women dont grow as tall as men on average?

Edit: Ah never mind read your post wrong.

Robert Adam

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2024, 10:44:22 AM »

Does the quadrilateral, lengthen by 1mm / 0.75mm per day (femur/tibia)? or only 0.75 mm / 0.5 mm per day?

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2024, 09:11:21 PM »

I decided to do bilateral femurs for 8cm. My surgery is in 2 weeks. I’ll make a new diary (Paley Europe).

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2024, 09:13:24 PM »

No more HGH, I’m now going for LL with the Paley Instiitute at the end of this month. HGH and Aromatase for the dose I was taking was too expensive without guaranteeing results. I’ve now saved up enough to do the surgery thankfully.

Beemer m3

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2024, 01:54:14 AM »

probably a good idea to take some after finishing lengthening .
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

IgnoredByMods

Hi everyone! Some of you may know me due to my experiences with Human Growth Hormone. You may want to read more about it here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68875.0

I am past that stage now and will be having a surgery at the Paley European Institute in January 2024.

I will try to balance this diary with updates, answering your questions, and sharing my experiences. However, I will also omit certain details which may link back to my identity.

Starting height: 5'8.5 (173-174cm).
Goal height: 180-182cm (5'11-6ft)
I plan on doing 8cm bilateral femurs.

Other random measurements:
Sitting Height: 3'6 (106 cm)
Wingspan: 5'11 (180cm)
Inseam: 25-26" - Finding trousers is a nightmare as most places in Europe start at 30" inseam clothing for men.

I have some back problems which are making me lose an inch. I expect to regain this inch during my physiotherapy (as the loss of height due to back is due to weak back. abdominal, and glute muscles), this can be fixed quite easily.

I have already paid for my surgery, physiotherapy, accommodation, flights, and other miscellaneous stuff.

I will be having my surgery in the next 2 weeks. I will post an update in 3 weeks. If you don't hear an update, feel free to message me privately. If I don't reply I'm probably dead, lol.

I am taking glucosamine sulphate to ensure that my torso's height is at its peak. I have taken HGH (somatropin) for around a year and grew around an inch. It was too expensive for the dose I was taking (for it to have any impact, I was taking dwarf-level doses). As per this scientific paper (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4198952/) I was taking 0.033mg/kg/day which was approximately 2.5mg or 7.5IU a day (3x 2.5IU for maximum effectiveness).

There were no guarantees of height increases (which did happen, 1inch) however I want guarantees not "I wish that happens". The price per inch was the same for LL, so may as well get the guaranteed 3 inches.

I'm happy to answer your questions that you have in the meantime.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2024, 10:51:03 PM »

UPDATE: NEW DIARY FOR MY SURGERY. IT HAS BEEN BOOKED

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84991.0

IgnoredByMods

Feel free to join the d server too: https://-/N5NxGTv5ze

I am not in the cyborg4life d server because the admin is a soy LARPer.

Kintaeryos

I am not in the cyborg4life  because the admin is a soy LARPer.
lol how so?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up