Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I live/drive alone in a wheelchair with Precice 2?  (Read 281 times)

rjake

• Visitor
Can I live/drive alone in a wheelchair with Precice 2?
« on: May 06, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »

I have been considering to take the femur precice 2 lengthening in Vegas during the covid lockdown, but dont have any friends or family who could take care of me. It would have been nicer if Stryde nails were available, but seems like it would be out of the market for at least a year so I think I will go with Precice 2 instead.

With precice 2, which is not weight bearing, I am very worried that I won't be able to function basic stuffs without help witout bending/breaking the nails.

The only things that I would need to live and work during distraction/cosolidation are driving and making food/cleaning.

For food and cleaning, I can order online or get maid help. However going to and from the hospital seems very challenging.

Has anyone done precice 2 lengthening alone? What are some challenges that you faced doing Precice lengthening alone? Or what are challenges that you never thought of before the surgery? Any tips would be appreciated!

Future Skycraper

Re: Can I live/drive alone in a wheelchair with Precice 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »

Never done the surgery, but precise dons't tolerate wight beearing. Stryde would be better at that situation, but yeah... You should get someone to drive for you, it's safer, I don't think you will have the full agility and comfort to drive. But I suggest that you email your doctor first and ask him
Pages: [1]   Go Up