Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the MAXX?  (Read 18841 times)

Uppland

Re: What's the MAXX?
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »

Where will you be when height neurosis strikes?

It is after all a psychological issue endomorphisme isn't technically short but he feels that way and that's what is really important. A short man that has no problem with being short shouldn't get LL but a average man that can't get over his height even though he tries is a candidate.

Also keep inmind average height doesn't mean it's the most common height. For all we know most white parisians may be 183-4CM only the overall average is shorter.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »

Averages don't shoot up that fast. I lived in China for a while and I seriously don't see Beijing having an average height of around 180 in 10 years time. That's paranoia.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

endomorphisme

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »

Where will you be when height neurosis strikes?

It is after all a psychological issue endomorphisme isn't technically short but he feels that way and that's what is really important. A short man that has no problem with being short shouldn't get LL but a average man that can't get over his height even though he tries is a candidate.

Also keep inmind average height doesn't mean it's the most common height. For all we know most white parisians may be 183-4CM only the overall average is shorter.

I think it's impossible to cure height  neurosis, that's a viscious cycle, you can't stop sizing up men, and in everyday life you get the prof that taller=better.
I tried to overcome my insecurities, but i always failed.I even saw a psy and i failed too.
I'm studying engineering where i'm surrounded by  tall and successful students ( well i will be an engineer too, but i'm much shorter and less successful than them).
I would rather i was kept in ignorance like most people.They don't even know that heightism exists.

Gichelu

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 10:57:13 PM »

Asian guy feels short at 6 feet tall. Now I seen everything...
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »

you never went, in paris, you don't even know what you are talking about, you're inventing stories just to convince yourself we are short.
In paris about 40 % of people have non european backgroung, most come from africa, and asia.
Arabs are quite short, but not that short, especially youngs
Asian are short, there is a chinese district, i'm one of the tallest when i go there
Black people don't "boost" the average, but they are very close in height.
If i felt normal, why would i do LL?
I'm below average, that's a good reason to it

Hahaha, it sucks to be exposed as a liar, huh?

I lived a few months in Paris but I never liked it, most of the native people I met were scum. You are not below average, you suffer from body dysmorphic disorder like a s**t-ton of people here.

I know what I'm talking about, people who claim to feel short at around 180cm, doesn't matter if you're from sweden or whatever country, is just big big big big B U L L S H I T.

You can get LL at 195cm, I don't care. Just don't lie to people.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2014, 11:05:38 PM »

No, he has stated that before, just not here. He stated in the limb lengthening Doctors section that the vast majority of his athletic patients regain their athletic abilities.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »

Hahaha, it sucks to be exposed as a liar, huh?

I lived a few months in Paris but I never liked it, most of the native people I met were scum. You are not below average, you suffer from body dysmorphic disorder like a s**t-ton of people here.

I know what I'm talking about, people who claim to feel short at around 180cm, doesn't matter if you're from sweden or whatever country, is just big big big big B U L L S H I T.

You can get LL at 195cm, I don't care. Just don't lie to people.
it's easy to say you have been in Paris, but you don't have any proof.
I have been living there for 10 years, so i'm entitiled to say we are tall.

Uppland

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »

In maybe 10 years from now
Im certain sure that average in Bejing will be 179-181
And koreans in seoul  average will  little bit taller 180-182
Becasue there Value and richer  .
They can buy good food with nutrient to serve their meeds and heightism value

This is inaccurate the average height in developed countries has risen since the beginning of the 20th centuray at a rate of about 1CM every decade. That increase slowed down in the 1980's to about a fifth of the speed. For example the swedish average of 20-29 year olds was 180CM in 1980 and 181CM in 2011. There is not enough data yet to say if that increase has stopped completely or continues to rise at a slow rate of about 1CM every 30-40 years.

Most statisticians agree that it won't go above 183CM at most but it's more probable that it stabilizes between 181-182CM. After that it may shrink or remain no one knows. The only country that hasn't experinced a slowdown in growth rate is the netherlands hence why they are the tallest nation on earth. However it is very unlikely that the average will exceed 185CM naturally as stature above that height is incresingly detremental to individual health.

If I had to guess I'd say most populations will reach an average of 177-183CM if given sufficient acess to health care and nutrition.

To put these numbers in a realistic context: Statistically an average of 181 mean that 97,8% of the population will be within 2 standard deviations (7CM) of the mean i.e roughly 98% of all swedes are below 195CM and 68,2% are between 176CM and 188CM. If I were 190CM I'd be taller or equal in height to about 9 out of 10 swedes.
So how tall is tall? I would say 85th percentile or "top 15%" which is about 187CM or more.

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2014, 11:31:04 PM »

it's easy to say you have been in Paris, but you don't have any proof.
I have been living there for 10 years, so i'm entitiled to say we are tall.

Wow, you don't know what to say. And btw. your logic is retarded and you're wrong but whatever, I'm not here to argue with dumb people. Do whatever you want, I hope you will get you want some day but trust me LL won't help you at all. But go for it and find out for yourself.

Taller

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2014, 05:24:47 AM »

This is inaccurate the average height in developed countries has risen since the beginning of the 20th centuray at a rate of about 1CM every decade. That increase slowed down in the 1980's to about a fifth of the speed. For example the swedish average of 20-29 year olds was 180CM in 1980 and 181CM in 2011. There is not enough data yet to say if that increase has stopped completely or continues to rise at a slow rate of about 1CM every 30-40 years.

Most statisticians agree that it won't go above 183CM at most but it's more probable that it stabilizes between 181-182CM. After that it may shrink or remain no one knows. The only country that hasn't experinced a slowdown in growth rate is the netherlands hence why they are the tallest nation on earth. However it is very unlikely that the average will exceed 185CM naturally as stature above that height is incresingly detremental to individual health.

If I had to guess I'd say most populations will reach an average of 177-183CM if given sufficient acess to health care and nutrition.

To put these numbers in a realistic context: Statistically an average of 181 mean that 97,8% of the population will be within 2 standard deviations (7CM) of the mean i.e roughly 98% of all swedes are below 195CM and 68,2% are between 176CM and 188CM. If I were 190CM I'd be taller or equal in height to about 9 out of 10 swedes.
So how tall is tall? I would say 85th percentile or "top 15%" which is about 187CM or more.

I wholeheartedly agree with the point Uppland shared here.

TRS

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:19 AM »

That seems pretty much like what I said. He also states that about 7 cm for the tibias and 8 cm for the femurs is about the max most people can safely do to eventually fully-regain athletic abilities.
If you can see yourself being happy as a taller but less athletic person post-LL, then LL is the right option for you. Otherwise, reconsider LL if you really value your athletic ability. It is not a good idea to be cartain that _cm or _% original bone length will ensure full athletic ability due to the unpredictable nature of LL and individual variation. But generally, the less you lengthen then higher chances of recovery (3cm>5cm>7cm>9cm).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:56:22 AM by TheRisingShorty »

ReadRothbard

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »

I would have to say that it depends on the doctor. If you are going with Dr. Paley, Dr. Guichet, or one of the other legends, and you stay within the muscle elasticity limits (7 cm for tibias and/or 8 cm for the femurs), athletic abilities should almost certainly come back with enough effort. I haven't seen any counter examples of those whom have done the above.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up