Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarifications about the Stryde recall  (Read 6531 times)

Jamesy998

Re: Clarifications about the Stryde recall
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2021, 08:48:44 PM »

My only worry is that, although Paley says the bones are thicker and stronger, it's the reason why they became thicker that worries me. If the hypertrophy occurred due to load bearing exercise or similar then in all probability the bone will be healthy, if it enlarges due to inflammation caused by corrosion then surely it's reasonable to assume there might be something wrong. I'm just curious if a sample of the bone tissue was examined at a cellular level would it be as healthy as normal bone?

Does the thicker bone not develop in some external patients?
Personally I have seen some thicker bones on LON femur patients using titanium rods which do not corrode as far as I am aware, well they do not corrode as easily anyway.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Serilium

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2021, 09:40:22 PM »

Not ideal, little bit of an understatement ;D If there was some clarification as to whether or not the thickened bone at the corrosion site is normal, healthy bone then I think it would put a lot of people's minds at ease. The only way they could test that though is by taking a sample and analyzing it.

They are doing biocompatibility test. If you even watched a second of the Victor and Paley video you would know. Just watch it. It's not long. All your questions are quite literally answered by the video.

And yes, it quite literally burned a goddamn hole in the bone. It's not ideal to have a hole in your bone.

Serilium

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2021, 09:44:49 PM »

64% with abnormal bone reactions? That's a high number. Would the hypertrophy or lysis show up in an x-ray?

Dude, watch the video. He shows X-rays with about a dozen examples of how the corrosion affects the bone one year after op.

Nestor

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »

Dude, watch the video. He shows X-rays with about a dozen examples of how the corrosion affects the bone one year after op.

Why are you replying to an old message? ;D  I saw the corrosion effects x-rays, I watched the entire video a couple of days ago. Don't recall him saying anything about testing, I'll need to watch it again.

So they're doing a biocompatibility test AFTER they've fitted hundreds of people with the device? Well that's reassuring.

Nestor

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2021, 09:46:42 PM »

They are doing biocompatibility test. If you even watched a second of the Victor and Paley video you would know. Just watch it. It's not long. All your questions are quite literally answered by the video.

And yes, it quite literally burned a goddamn hole in the bone. It's not ideal to have a hole in your bone.

He said that they're doing a bunch of biocompatibility testing on the nail and metallurgical studies on nails that have been removed. That's it. He didn't mention anything about taking samples from current patients to see if whether or not the thickened bone at the corrosion site is healthy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up