Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Jean-Marc Guichet (Milan, Italy & London, England) 2015 Update  (Read 35393 times)

Madmax_01

Re: Dr Jean-Marc Guichet (Milan, Italy & London, England) 2015 Update
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »

I see. Do you think 6 months of preparation is enough by medium-to above average fitness? (I would say that I have quite good muscle mass on my upper legs).

TIBIKE200

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »

Why did he leave france? It's wierd
I learned some stuff during this time

Deads

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »

Why did he leave france? It's wierd

.... Probably because he wanted to.

egocentrical

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 11:04:05 PM »

if i live in the UK do you think they would cut some of the package out as i wont need all of it and intern be cheaper?

Lubak

• Visitor
Surgery With Dr. Guichet Costs $90,000+ U.S. Dollars?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »

I want to have my surgery with Dr. Guichet but I am very worried about the cost of $90,000+ U.S. Dollars  :-[
This is what I have found so far.

I would say at least 65,000 euros for the surgery + post-op PT + Guichet time, EXCLUDING all I had listed before.

Expect to pay between £500-1,000 per week for a helper.

His homework list which I've just completed (phew!) - all of it took about 2 weeks :
-  Blood tests (serology, coagulation, blood group, blood count, ESR, CRP, liver tests, CTX, Alc Phosphatases £180/NHS)
-  Pre-op cardiological ECG report (NHS)
-  Pre-op dental report (£60)
-  Bone densitometry (full body, hip and spine) £450
-  EOS 3D Body xray (anterior-posterior, lower limbs) £330
-  Psychiatric consultation (1hr) £350
-  Daily supplements of folic acid and ferrous sulphate
-  Motivation essay (yes!)
-  Surgery understanding questionnaire (where he asks me to lists all the possible complications/risks by each category like bone, venal, arterial, tendon, ligament, muscular, blood, possible infections, scarring, limping, amputation, septicaemia, bone grafting, non-consolidation...etc.  It was like studying for my driver's license albeit for a guaranteed car crash/hospitalisation/rehab!!!)
-  Daily 2hr personal training (1hr cardio, 1hr alternate upper body and lower body muscle training)
-  Daily practice usage of crutches £36

65,000 Euros = 72,000 U.S. Dollars
1,000 British Pounds = 1,250 U.S. Dollars

Plus I have to add on the price of accommodation + food + transportation + medication + miscellaneous expenses for 3-4 months near London.

Did I miss something or do something wrong with my calculation? Please help me if I did!

W

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »

Anyone know roughly what the 2018 rates are (for those living in London)?

4cms

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 01:18:30 PM »

Ummm yea this girl paid the big money and got shafted and drained of all her cash from this doctor.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3560.1054

Limbfan2020

Dr. Guichet and thrombosis prophylaxis
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »

Hello,

does anyone know what anticoagulant Dr. Guichet gives to his patients for thombosis prophyaxis?

curlyfella

Re: Dr. Guichet and thrombosis prophylaxis
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »

does this doctor still operate?

Serilium

Re: Dr. Guichet and thrombosis prophylaxis
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »

curlyfella

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2021, 11:13:42 PM »

That is terrifying.

Many horror stories that are reality

How does he have a licence to operate still? serious question

justme11

• Visitor
Experience with Dr Guichet
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Dr Guichet. I'm considering him for my LL journey. I've seen his youtube which seems too good to be true.

Appreciate your response.

overandover

Re: Experience with Dr Guichet
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Dr Guichet. I'm considering him for my LL journey. I've seen his youtube which seems too good to be true.

I think he is the surgeon with most deaths and complications. One lady never recovered and is in a legal battle with him. Another dude died.

Body Builder

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2021, 08:47:51 PM »

Hi All,

Good luck then. He is the worst LL doctor in the world (taken in mind his price and complication rates, even deaths) for me.

justme11

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2021, 07:30:42 AM »

Good luck then. He is the worst LL doctor in the world (taken in mind his price and complication rates, even deaths) for me.

Now that's scary. Someone recently recommended him in one of the diaries, so that picked my interest. Thanks man!

justme11

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2021, 07:32:05 AM »

Haven't even consulted him, saw a video and was wondering if he's that good, there will be many of his clients on the site. Its a sure NO!

Abbot

Re: Surgery With Dr. Guichet Costs $90,000+ U.S. Dollars?
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2021, 08:33:19 PM »

Guichet makes you go thru all this unnecessary training adding thousands to your bill plus he is a jerk.  Why not try the Greek doc Giotakis or something like that

Worzezterlire

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2021, 08:54:19 PM »

If you want to do internals in a first world country it’s going to cost at least 70k USD.  That’s just what it costs  :P

Body Builder

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2021, 01:03:09 AM »

Good luck with going to the worst LL doctor for his price in the whole world.
And also have at least 20-30k euros more to fix the complicationa that you will probably have.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »

Guichet is the only one with weight-bearing nails on the market that's not booked until Feb 2022 (Betz). He also performs ITB release. The death of the Indian kid was due to him not taking his prescribed blood thinners.

65k Euro is 76.8k USD

You don't need a helper, so 80k USD is what you're looking at, maybe 90k if you choose to do it in London.

May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

justme11

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2021, 09:52:19 PM »

Ok. Mixed reactions.. :). I sure won't jump on this till I read more diaries of those who went with Dr Guichet! At least in the recent years. If anyone can point to a link, that'd be great. 

LU213

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2021, 06:40:33 AM »

Dr. Giotikas in Athens is doing Guichet's weight bearing nail now.

eric.cartman

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2021, 03:10:24 PM »

Has anyone done LL with Guichet recently ?I think it's well-known he's a jerk but he's done plenty of procedures, as I understand, and has success stories

Super-JR

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2021, 06:36:09 AM »

Ok. Mixed reactions.. :). I sure won't jump on this till I read more diaries of those who went with Dr Guichet! At least in the recent years. If anyone can point to a link, that'd be great.

I am one of Dr Guichet's recent patient here in this forum. I had my surgery on May 2021 and gained 96 mm in 3 months. I had a different experience from what other people are saying about him in this forum. Please go read my story...

You need to know that every surgery has risks and if you do not comply to the rules to prevent those risks, you will not have a successful procedure. I think that every surgeon will explain you that.

On my first consultation Dr Guichet explain me and my family the risks of the procedure and how to prevent them. I complied to all his reccomendation which help me go throught easily those 3 months of lengthening period.

When I was in Milan during my lengthening, occasionally patients of Dr Guichet who already had lengthening, will pass by to greet the Team and meet us patients, they would tell us their experiences and give us tips. I was in a group of 5 patient in that period and we are all walking with our 2 feet.

Here is a short clip of me walking after 12 days of stopping my clicks.
https://imgur.com/2teHlqV

Many here really respects Dr Giotikas as a doctor, and he is using Gnail now, invented by Dr Guichet. Do you think a respected doctor like him would trust Dr Guichet if he really is a bad doctor as must of the people are saying. I am sure Dr Giotikas did his research, and found Dr Guichet's method and nail trustworthy.

LandmarkPen

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2022, 02:30:23 PM »

I am one of Dr Guichet's recent patient here in this forum. I had my surgery on May 2021 and gained 96 mm in 3 months. I had a different experience from what other people are saying about him in this forum. Please go read my story...

You need to know that every surgery has risks and if you do not comply to the rules to prevent those risks, you will not have a successful procedure. I think that every surgeon will explain you that.

On my first consultation Dr Guichet explain me and my family the risks of the procedure and how to prevent them. I complied to all his reccomendation which help me go throught easily those 3 months of lengthening period.

When I was in Milan during my lengthening, occasionally patients of Dr Guichet who already had lengthening, will pass by to greet the Team and meet us patients, they would tell us their experiences and give us tips. I was in a group of 5 patient in that period and we are all walking with our 2 feet.

Here is a short clip of me walking after 12 days of stopping my clicks.
https://imgur.com/2teHlqV

Many here really respects Dr Giotikas as a doctor, and he is using Gnail now, invented by Dr Guichet. Do you think a respected doctor like him would trust Dr Guichet if he really is a bad doctor as must of the people are saying. I am sure Dr Giotikas did his research, and found Dr Guichet's method and nail trustworthy.

1) your having internally rotated right foot in your videos I think there is a rotation deformity. correct me if I am wrong
2) Guichet does not waits for 1 week after surgery for latency period before announcing the start of lengthening. Giotikas waits. there is already a difference in method.

Guichet nail is weight bearing and solid no doubt about that.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2022, 02:38:53 PM »

@Super-JR

Did you ask him about the several patient deaths under his supervision?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up