Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I need a wheelchair for external tibia?  (Read 410 times)

AnotherLLer

Will I need a wheelchair for external tibia?
« on: April 18, 2024, 12:47:50 PM »

Will I need a wheelchair throughout my LL journey? Should I invest in one before proceeding to the surgery?

Also, what about other gear? Apart from decent crutches, what should I buy in advance in order to be fully prepared for the whole process?

And, is there some tips to avoid pin bending / breakage and height loss due to compression? How to walk with the frames but at the same time avoid those things to happen?

And final question:

Given how important it is to eat well during the whole process, how to avoid becoming overweight? What cardio exercises can be done with broken lower legs? Will I be able to sit on a stationary bike and exercise my legs during the lengthening period? Is it a good idea to buy the stationary bike in advance too?

Thanks.

Unknown

Re: Will I need a wheelchair for external tibia?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 07:54:25 PM »

You definitely need a wheelchair for any form of LL. Get a walker and crutches u wont be walking unassisted during lengthening. And dont overlengthen your tibias especially, you will likely regret it.
Just eat as good as your appetite can allow for, maybe even more. You need nutrients to recover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up