Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How dangerous is 3cm?  (Read 988 times)

alwayslucky

How dangerous is 3cm?
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:39:00 AM »

Is it easier for me to be 3cm than 5cm? Of course, this is just a small idea that I suddenly came up with, and it seems that no one has ever done so, but it is indeed the minimum length I can accept, And I think it's worthy.Obviously it will recover faster, There is an old Chinese saying called "long dreams at night". With the increase of length and time, the risk of more complications seems to be greater .so I would like to ask you to say (especially the friends who have finished the operation). When you (or you think) do the first 3cm, Do you think it's much easier than the next few centimeters? And will the probability of major complications be reduced?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: How dangerous is 3cm?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 04:42:14 AM »

Yes, the less you lengthen the easier it is.

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 04:48:12 AM »

Is it easier for me to be 3cm than 5cm? Of course, this is just a small idea that I suddenly came up with, and it seems that no one has ever done so, but it is indeed the minimum length I can accept, And I think it's worthy.Obviously it will recover faster, There is an old Chinese saying called "long dreams at night". With the increase of length and time, the risk of more complications seems to be greater .so I would like to ask you to say (especially the friends who have finished the operation). When you (or you think) do the first 3cm, Do you think it's much easier than the next few centimeters? And will the probability of major complications be reduced?

I haven't heard anyone did a 3cm lenghening in LL, I doubt any surgeon would do that for their patients. If you just want a 3cm added, wear a taller pair of shoes. I remember reading someone saying that there was an insole injection that guaranteed anyone with at least one inch added to the height. Not sure if the news still there.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 04:50:34 AM »

Do not get insole injections.

alwayslucky

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 05:12:28 AM »

Yes, I've heard of this kind of operation, but it looks unnatural and uncomfortable

ilovescience

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 05:16:32 AM »

Yes, I've heard of this kind of operation, but it looks unnatural and uncomfortable

It's not a surgery, it's an injection to the insole. It fades over time and on that account people would not do it for height gained.

alwayslucky

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 06:44:50 AM »

don't seem to have heard of this kind of Injection... butthank you. ;) I'll search it

Sorcerer

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 06:59:34 AM »

Do not get insole injections.
I talked about it long time ago. A Spanish female surgeon is doing this surgery and I posted her surgery vid in one of posts in Off topic section.

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 07:26:18 AM »

I talked about it long time ago. A Spanish female surgeon is doing this surgery and I posted her surgery vid in one of posts in Off topic section.

I remember it, but I heard it faded in a few days, so the height didn't change at all...

Sorcerer

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 07:33:04 AM »

3cm is a big waste of money and time if you don't mind me to say that. Nobody here ever just done 3cm with that much money and time.

Gerre568

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »

Could you repost that video? Tried searching online but theres literally 0 info about it

c

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 12:37:59 PM »

你听有些人放屁,我告诉你3厘米如果对你有意义那就是有意义的,回到你的问题,如果手术出问题,那么不到1厘米你就会遇到困难,手术没问题,3或4厘米基本都还安全

zaozari

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 04:02:30 PM »

There are "normal" Dr Martens shoes and boots that add 6 cm.
Also, if you do 4 cm you are still under the minimal safe amount for all surgeons I know of (5cm). I doubt any of them take surgery risks because of 3 cm because the minimal target at least known in this forum is really also 5 cm. They will question your motivations and hardly accept them for 3 cm (I speculate).
The worst risks are even independent of lengthening: thrombosis due to surgery, anaesthesia accidents, sepsis or hard to manage infections, and still, by less experienced doctors, harm to muscles, tendons and nerves during surgery, for example.

alwayslucky

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »

Yes, it makes sense. Less length seems to be unable to avoid these major problems. Now I'm thinking that since these risks exist anyway, less length can at least make me have a better and faster recovery, such as weaker proportion problem and greater exercise ability. Thank you for your reply no matter how :)

alwayslucky

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2022, 01:53:08 PM »

谢谢鼓励,哥们,值不值其实都是自己心里感觉的;D我注意到你为什么不打英文哈哈哈

ilovescience

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 02:14:02 PM »

其實3公分的差距應該不明顯吧!

c

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 07:24:30 PM »

都中国老话了,我打啥英文啊😄,那帮老外又不看

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 08:59:23 PM »

3cm is a big waste of money and time if you don't mind me to say that. Nobody here ever just done 3cm with that much money and time.

There's a guy here who did 4 cm with Dr. Solomin.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 05:36:28 AM »

There's a guy here who did 4 cm with Dr. Solomin.
All right. Just my 2 cents. For me I will never consider 3cm at the cost of such much money and time, not to mention mental torments during the procedures. I just don't think 3cm is worth it.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 06:32:01 AM »

All right. Just my 2 cents. For me I will never consider 3cm at the cost of such much money and time, not to mention mental torments during the procedures. I just don't think 3cm is worth it.

I agree—I wouldn’t either. I’m just saying it has been done, and you can find good doctors who will do it.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

alwayslucky

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »

主要我自己心里很在意这个,总觉得再来3cm的话才算脱离“矮“这个标签哈哈哈,其实垫个鞋垫也差不多,但是心里就是别扭

alwayslucky

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 10:29:16 AM »

哈哈哈哈哈确实这里中国人好多 ;D

alwayslucky

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 10:32:37 AM »

Thank you for your frank advice, my friend. Maybe 3cm it's not worth it to most people :D

alwayslucky

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 10:34:39 AM »

Thank you for your suggestion!I will be fully prepared and find a better doctor !
Can I ask what the result of the operation of the 4cm person you said is?

Activatedxx

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 11:06:47 AM »

It’s dangerously stupid
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

ilovescience

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 01:24:22 PM »

主要我自己心里很在意这个,总觉得再来3cm的话才算脱离“矮“这个标签哈哈哈,其实垫个鞋垫也差不多,但是心里就是别扭

兩個人如果身高只差三公分走在馬路上,一般人應該很難一下子就看出誰比較高吧!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 03:39:14 PM »

Thank you for your suggestion!I will be fully prepared and find a better doctor !
Can I ask what the result of the operation of the 4cm person you said is?

I think he's fully recovered; his diary is on here somewhere.

Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up