Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How useful is stretching?  (Read 1008 times)

belowbelowavg

How useful is stretching?
« on: August 16, 2023, 02:59:10 PM »

Will stretching religiously everyday for years until my surgery help me gain 10 cm on femurs and 6 on tibias?

BestOfLuck

Re: How useful is stretching?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 03:10:31 PM »

You shouldnt need to stretch for years before surgery, a few months daily should suffice. and i dont think being more flexible will guarantee you more height gain. Your body goes as far as it goes and youll know when you get there.

belowbelowavg

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »

My main concern is not being able to achieve my lengthening goal due to muscle/ligament tightness. So I want to exhaust all efforts to make sure I can do that.

BestOfLuck

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 03:50:14 PM »

Do what you gotta do, if your surgeon tells you to push hard for flexibility do that. You shouldnt have to much of a problem reaching the height you want assuming your already a decent height going into it. If i were you id start atrophying my legs if you havent already, 10cm is a pre decent haul and it will be ten times more painful if you dont focus on cutting that excess muscle down.

belowbelowavg

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 04:12:26 PM »

How do you recommend I go about atrophying my leg muscles?

BestOfLuck

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 04:30:35 PM »

Stop doing weight lifting exercises with them. If you want to slim down do some cardio ontop of your stretches. And stop consuming as much calories as you do rn.  Atrophying only applies to people who were already working out there legs beforehand and have some muscle already there. So if your one of those people just prioritize losing the gains

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 05:22:17 PM »

10 cm on femurs isn't safe for anyone unless your stárting height is like 190 cm before surgery. The maximum safety standard is 8 cm on femurs and in order to hit this maximum target, you usually will have to have a decent starting height like AT LEAST above 5'5 / 165 cm and be very flexable before surgery. Most people start to have problems after 4-5 cm on tibias, It's pretty much the same with tibias like described earlier.

In generel it's better not to push too far and be healthy, than risking your functionality for a minimum gain of like 1-2 cm more. This isn't even noticeable in the real world, and good posture will give this little boost anyways.

What is your starting height, if you don't mind me asking?

BestOfLuck

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 05:39:24 PM »

10 cm on femurs isn't safe for anyone unless your stárting height is like 190 cm before surgery. The maximum safety standard is 8 cm on femurs and in order to hit this maximum target, you usually will have to have a decent starting height like AT LEAST above 5'5 / 165 cm and be very flexable before surgery. Most people start to have problems after 4-5 cm on tibias, It's pretty much the same with tibias like described earlier.

In generel it's better not to push too far and be healthy, than risking your functionality for a minimum gain of like 1-2 cm more. This isn't even noticeable in the real world, and good posture will give this little boost anyways.

What is your starting height, if you don't mind me asking?

His height is in his profile, its the same as yours

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023, 06:03:56 PM »

I plan to have surgery at the beginning of March. Currently I stretch 3 times a week for 4 series (rounds) and about 5-6 exercises. If you want to achieve that goal, I recommend you not underestimate flexibility, for a reason physiotherapy is the key to success in LL
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

jerrytheman

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »

It's fun thinking about 16-20cm and the height you can possibly gain when you havent even had the surgery yet. Once your bones are broken and you cant walk, your mindset will be totally different. Stop living in a fairy tale land and be realistic about what is safely possible with this operation.
8cm femur + 6 cm tibia is basically the max, and that is a brutal surgery and year long recovery.
Bang for your buck is 8cm femur and get out - and even that is going to be the most depressing 8 months of your life. And remember, it's not linear in terms of how hard it is. It gets exponentially harder. 0-4 cm is easy on femur, then harder, and harder. A lot of people cant take it past 6 cm on femur and calls it a quits.

BestOfLuck

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 07:23:49 PM »

Thought about mentioning that doing 10cm might not be the brightest idea for his size, but figured since its already been said so many times now that this guy must know what hes getting into.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2023, 10:42:21 PM »

Stretching during lengthening is what matters more and not months and years before it.
Also, distraction rate is way more important because even the most flexible person lengthens at 1.5mm per day he would end up crippled. The slower you lengthen without risking preconsolidation the best the outcome.
And finally, 10cm on femurs is a tragic idea and your biomechanics will be totally ruined, even if your soft tissues are (relatively) ok. So don't think that much about stretching but be more sensible with your target because if you really lengthen that much you'll have serious problems, no matter how flexible you were.

Legs890

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2023, 12:45:16 AM »

Stretching during lengthening is what matters more and not months and years before it.
Also, distraction rate is way more important because even the most flexible person lengthens at 1.5mm per day he would end up crippled. The slower you lengthen without risking preconsolidation the best the outcome.
And finally, 10cm on femurs is a tragic idea and your biomechanics will be totally ruined, even if your soft tissues are (relatively) ok. So don't think that much about stretching but be more sensible with your target because if you really lengthen that much you'll have serious problems, no matter how flexible you were.

10cm on femurs isn't necessarily going to ruin someone. Case by case basis.

1team

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 02:00:22 AM »

Giotikas mentioned the effect of stretching only lasted 24 hours when studied. While this would let you lengthen more during the process unless you kept it up for the rest of your life the permanent tightness would set in anyway. Obviously the degree of tightness depending upon how much you did.

Legs890

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2023, 08:24:57 AM »

Giotikas mentioned the effect of stretching only lasted 24 hours when studied. While this would let you lengthen more during the process unless you kept it up for the rest of your life the permanent tightness would set in anyway. Obviously the degree of tightness depending upon how much you did.

The idea is the tendons/muscles will not contract back to their previous state if you're lengthening and will instead grow new tissue.

With that said, it's certainly true that the ridiculous amount of stretching some claim to have done/plan to do on here is absurd. There is no need whatsoever to be stretching 4 hours a day for example. Just like with gym, there's a law of diminishing returns here - your first session in the week has the most value, going to 2 a week is a decent boost, as is doing 3 over 2 (although less so than 2 over 1). After 3 sessions a week there's only very marginal improvement.

Personally, I went to physio (so 1x45 min stretching session a day) and did 2x20 mins sessions at home. That sufficed for 9cm on the femurs and I wasn't walking worse or consolidating less than anyone else there.

1team

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »

The idea is the tendons/muscles will not contract back to their previous state if you're lengthening and will instead grow new tissue.

I'm interested to find out how this would work. Any suggested links worth reading?

Legs890

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2023, 01:34:00 PM »

I'm interested to find out how this would work. Any suggested links worth reading?

I've no idea but common sense would suggest the tendons etc grow otherwise the lengthening amounts we see here just wouldn't be possible.

I do think stretching is very overrated on this forum however. The most important thing is genetics which is just blind luck- how much can your body take, since lengthening by itself will also be a form of stretching. Probably additional stretching helps a bit - but not as much as your predetermined genetics. Think how some people can just look at a pull up bar and grow muscle, whereas others work years to still look like crap - same is gonna apply to your predisposition to grow new tendon tissue.

belowbelowavg

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2023, 04:22:40 PM »

Is there a good way to test my predisposed genetic stretching ability?

belowbelowavg

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »

I know how lengthening and athletic ability are inversely proportional, but personally I don't mind sacrificing some athletic ability to reach a barefoot 6'0 morning height (from 5'6).

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2023, 07:12:41 PM »

Will stretching religiously everyday for years until my surgery help me gain 10 cm on femurs and 6 on tibias?

You only need a few months of stretching before surgery...not years.  Im glad I stretched my hamstrings for a couple months before LL it helped a lot.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 07:34:35 PM »

Why do the surgeons want you to stretch months before surgery, if it doesn't have any effect according to some of you here? That doesn't make sense for me?  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up