Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone up for lengthening in 2-3 years?  (Read 14411 times)

beingtallerdream

Anyone up for lengthening in 2-3 years?
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »

Hey guys! I wanna go to Monegal (Spain) anyone interested going with me??
Ps I'm from Australia.

Deads

Re: Anyone up for lengthening in 2-3 years?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:20:39 AM »

Yeppo :)

Alu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:49 AM »

I think I'm going to in the next 3-4 years. I'm not really in any rush to do LL; and considering my plan I would really like Monegal's price considering I'm going 4 and 4. At the same time I want to see what the Synoste nail would bring to the table with it's claim of painless (or near painless as I'm predicting) and easy to use nail; it probably won't be released until 2017 or later as they claim.

PatientZero

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 04:05:45 AM »

The best time to do LL is now, or as soon as you have the money due to the low conversion rate.

At the end of 2014, the exchange rate was around 1.4 Dollars : 1 Euro. So to afford Monegal, you would've needed ~70,000 USD minimum a year ago.

From my personal experience, I actually met up with 2 dudes from the old forum to visit Betz together. One guy did it in 2011, the other chickened out day of consultation, and I finally ended up doing LL it this year.

Advice: wait for nobody, and bet on having international patients staying in the same guesthouse wherever you choose to begin your journey.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

PatientZero

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »

I think I'm going to in the next 3-4 years. I'm not really in any rush to do LL; and considering my plan I would really like Monegal's price considering I'm going 4 and 4. At the same time I want to see what the Synoste nail would bring to the table with it's claim of painless (or near painless as I'm predicting) and easy to use nail; it probably won't be released until 2017 or later as they claim.

I've seen you and others talk about the Synoste nail being 'pain free'. You know that in their press release, they compare the pain-free procedure to external fixation right? In that case, it has no advantages over the other internal nails in terms of pain reduction.

The Precise nail was created in California, home to the best tech minds (not disputable, cuz all your smart people migrate here), and it took them several iterations to work out the kinks and even then it has its shortcomings--extra reaming cuz of motor, ERC machine not always accurate if position is off, 75 lbs per leg guarantee.

The Fitbone4 is an improving 25 year old technology and it can actually support your entire body weight, but the manufacturers are unwilling to advertise that of course. Has been reported to be unreliable in prev versions.

Betz/Guichet/Albizzia variations. Bad news bears with clicking, and the problem with weigthbearing has always been the screws and the lack of callous formation around the screws in first 4-6 weeks (read Betz bent screws and nails).

Daunting task for Sysnote to get all these things right with their first generation nail.

Good luck friends!
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

aspirant185

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »

I will be going in about 2 years - early 2018 - and I wll probably go for 7.5 cm with Guichet :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

endomorphisme

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »

Early 2017 with a French doctor, 4 cm

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »

I will be going in about 2 years - early 2018 - and I wll probably go for 7.5 cm with Guichet :)

Maybe we'll meet each other. It all depends on if I can get the money

aspirant185

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »

Where are you from ?

I will save 25%, take 25% from parents, borrow 50% from a bank. With interest rates being so low in Europe (also in the US), I see no reason not to borrow. I will be 26 at the time of the surgery. Don't see a point in waiting another 2-3 years.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »

Where are you from ?

I will save 25%, take 25% from parents, borrow 50% from a bank. With interest rates being so low in Europe (also in the US), I see no reason not to borrow. I will be 26 at the time of the surgery. Don't see a point in waiting another 2-3 years.

From sweden, I am 20 years old atm and I will consider a loan depending on how my personal finances develop in the next 2 years.

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 12:19:14 AM »

yeah in Sweden as far as I know loans are very affordable and there are huge safety nets in case you fail to pay :)
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 01:24:38 AM »

yeah in Sweden as far as I know loans are very affordable and there are huge safety nets in case you fail to pay :)

You're still fked if you fail payment, and I need an inome to get money from the bank. Parents said they will pay but then they changed their mind, apparently it's too dangerous -as if I weren't aware of the risks already.

It'll be hard to scrape together 600 000 SEK in two years, especially since I'm getting a place of my own and let me tell you housing prices are brutal here.

aspirant185

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:04 PM »

btw, I am seriously considering another strategy at the moment.

I realized that next year at this time, I will have to start writing my Masters thesis, a process that, on the one hand, its time consuming so that I cannot just do it after work but at the same time its not THAT much to complete my whole day. So the point is, I have 6 months in which I will not be working, and I can use it to do lengthen. Now, I wouldnt have enough money to do it with Guichet, but I would have enough to do it with Mitkovic. I am thinking about 5 cm Tibia lengthening with Mitkovic. An added bonus is that he is just 150 km away from my native city of Sofia (Bulgaria), so no accomodation needed. I also can communicate in Serbian. Of course I am open in the longer run to go to GUichet for femur as well, to preserve the original ratio.

What do you think ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 08:19:20 PM »

btw, I am seriously considering another strategy at the moment.

I realized that next year at this time, I will have to start writing my Masters thesis, a process that, on the one hand, its time consuming so that I cannot just do it after work but at the same time its not THAT much to complete my whole day. So the point is, I have 6 months in which I will not be working, and I can use it to do lengthen. Now, I wouldnt have enough money to do it with Guichet, but I would have enough to do it with Mitkovic. I am thinking about 5 cm Tibia lengthening with Mitkovic. An added bonus is that he is just 150 km away from my native city of Sofia (Bulgaria), so no accomodation needed. I also can communicate in Serbian. Of course I am open in the longer run to go to GUichet for femur as well, to preserve the original ratio.

What do you think ?

I wouldn't go to eastern europe to do this kind of operation but that may be prejudice talking.

It is unlikely that you would produce a very good thesis when your legs are broken and fastened into something which can only be described as a semi-torture device.

aspirant185

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »

Its normal to be prejudiced but as far as I know, there have never been a single patient here or in old forums who complained/expressed concern or regret about Dr Mitkovic's work so I am beginning to think, what the heck, there is value in that.

Eastern Europe produces some extremely smart and dedicated professionals (in many areas). Its just the history that is the reason for its lagging behind. 
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Overdozer

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 08:38:16 PM »

It is unlikely that you would produce a very good thesis when your legs are broken and fastened into something which can only be described as a semi-torture device.
This doesn't make any sense if the external device is installed and stabilized correctly, most of the pain comes from the lengthening itself, and in my experience (I think I can call wearing external frames for more than 2 years an experience) pin sites rarely hurt. If they do, it means bad fixation or inflammation, inflammation can be treated quickly with proper pin site care. In other words, it doesn't matter for pain which method of lengthening you choose.

I'm not sold on monorail external devices though, considering they do not guarantee proper bone alignment.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

aspirant185

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 01:04:38 AM »

I don't know but after reading through Uppland's posts I came to the conclusion I might be better off to do for a start just 4 cm instead of 5 on the Tibia, especially if I do it externally with Dr. Mitkovic :D  I read through other patients diaries and they seem to notice that the pain/difficulties started after the 4th cm.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Tiny

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 02:28:37 AM »

I don't know but after reading through Uppland's posts I came to the conclusion I might be better off to do for a start just 4 cm instead of 5 on the Tibia, especially if I do it externally with Dr. Mitkovic :D  I read through other patients diaries and they seem to notice that the pain/difficulties started after the 4th cm.

When are you going to do the surgery with him? I am planning to do it in early 2018.

Europa

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 04:11:52 AM »

I'm also planning to undergo CLL in 2017-2018. Considering Guichet or Monegal. Eventually Jamal, but I'm not too confortable with the idea of going to Ukraine to do it. I recently measured myself at 178 cm midday so I'm set for 5-5,5 cm on femurs then call it a day.

aspirant185

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 10:53:59 AM »

When are you going to do the surgery with him? I am planning to do it in early 2018.

I will do it early 2017. i emailed him yesterday to ask some preliminary questions and he responded in a matter of hours with great details.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 10:09:13 AM »

I am undergoing ll surgery within 3 months. Spain is in europe and ll costs are pretty higher there I am opt for India as I found very cheap ll surgery procedures there. thanks

aspirant185

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:32 AM »

you might want to consider  Dr. Mitkovic in Serbia. His reputation is great and he is quite affordable. Besides Serbia is in Europe :)
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 01:22:51 AM »

I am undergoing ll surgery within 3 months. Spain is in europe and ll costs are pretty higher there I am opt for India as I found very cheap ll surgery procedures there. thanks
Money shoudln´t be your main concern, when it comes to surgeries. There is a reason why countries like india are much cheaper than western europe or the US. I´m not saying that every Dr. there is bad but you usually get what you pay for.
If you want to get it for a low price, russia is perhaps a better, yet cheap choice.

aspirant185

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 01:56:52 AM »

btw, there are many reasons why services in Western Europe / USA are more expensive than in Eastern Europe/Asia and often the quality of service has little to do with that. To begin with, doctors in Russia would face a 13% tax rate , which they will probably not declare and pay anyway, whereas Paley will face a tax rate above 50% if you count state taxes and value added taxes of goods and services in the US. Expected liabilities incurred from legal trials that he certainly get every year, liability insurance also plays a role because he faces such expenses only because of a few people but he needs to distribute the costs bascially to all his patients.
The salaries that he pays to his employess, especially the other fellow doctors that work in his clinic are way higher.
The ''prestige'' of having a surgery in Miami, LA, Milan or London is way higher and it is passed to clients in form of higher fees.
The rent that he pays for his facilities are also significantly higher.

All these factors increase the price drammatically but in no way mean that one surgeon is more talanted than the other.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Auron

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »

I will go either with Monegal or Guichet. Just not sure if I can afford Guichet yet.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »

Save for Guichet. He is more expensive but much safer.
Monegal isn't a good option. Read Cooper's diary. He has lots of bad cases.
just my 2 cents
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

aussieboy

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 02:52:21 PM »

I heard lots of horror stories from Monegal (hearsay) - not firsthand. Is he safe?? Otherwise I would have done with him, and he also doesn't wanna give me discount.. :(

Auron

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 04:44:57 PM »

Save for Guichet. He is more expensive but much safer.
Monegal isn't a good option. Read Cooper's diary. He has lots of bad cases.
just my 2 cents

I did read about Cooper's diary, but when doing tibias you must be ware of the risks. The thing is, Monegal seems to have a very good femur lengthening record. Everyone seems to be doing fine with minimal scars.

pricelessprincess

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »

I was thinking of getting my survey done by Dr.Sarin, but I did some research and Dr. Monegal seems SO much better.
I'm 16 now, I'll probably get mine done when I'm 18 or 19. :-)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »

Sarin is a butcher. If you want to lengthen in india Parihar is your choice.

The Kaiser

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 02:05:21 AM »

I will go either with Monegal or Guichet. Just not sure if I can afford Guichet yet.

you better do, i may go with you :), so its will be less money for sharing housing, food, transport and pt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up