Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet - Femurs March 2015  (Read 17528 times)

clarence

• Visitor
Dr. Guichet - Femurs March 2015
« on: March 08, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »

Due for surgery soon! Date to be confirmed, originally end of this week (still waiting for clarification - some delay in their receiving payment I think - have yet to get clarification from Dr. Guichet) but still pre-training for another 2,3 days before going into stretching...
A bit anxious but not trying to over-think things when I haven't even started yet. I guess this is pre-surgery jitters?

PANDA:BEAR..

Re: Dr. Guichet - Femurs March 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 04:03:01 PM »

That's great news .. Keep us all posted .. Thanks

Manga

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »

Good luck bro!

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »

Good luck and keep updating everyday every week

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »

How tall are you mate?

Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

Good luck Clarence!
Can you tell us the costs pls? Price of the surgery, personal tranings, nail removal, etc.
Thank you!

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:11 AM »

Welcome to the LL family clarence! It's going on just about 3 months that I had my surgery with Dr. Guichet, and I did around 7cm. I'm in the annoying/frustrating recovery phase now...

Would love to hear some more about you (age, starting height, motivation for doing LL). Best of luck as you head into your surgery, but with such a great doctor, you don't need luck!

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »

Hello everyone,
Thank you all for the encouragement. Surgery postponed to the 20th so still a week to go.
Starting profile:
Female, 155cm, motivation... does my height not explain everything?!
Will update this again after surgery. Loving the bros and the mates by the way!
Welcome to the LL family clarence! It's going on just about 3 months that I had my surgery with Dr. Guichet, and I did around 7cm. I'm in the annoying/frustrating recovery phase now...

Would love to hear some more about you (age, starting height, motivation for doing LL). Best of luck as you head into your surgery, but with such a great doctor, you don't need luck!
Yellowspike, I've read your diary and you've really helped motivate me! Also, noted for the stretching/PT advice. I feel like stretching is the one area I always feel a bit inclined to slack off (do one less set as instructed) if I'm short on time but really, what excuses!
My regards to you!

Good luck Clarence!
Can you tell us the costs pls? Price of the surgery, personal tranings, nail removal, etc.
Thank you!
Dave, everything apart from personal living matters is included in the price I paid (nail removal is not). I'm not sure I'm allowed to disclose the price. But if you are interested in a good surgeon, Dr. Guichet is definitely great. If you look around you'll get a good idea what the price is. For me, my top considerations were time and the 'guarantee' of a good result.

tx1111

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

Why cant you disclose price? It says 44500 euro in the website. 

Anyways, if you cant diclose price would you say 65k USD is enough for surgery + 2 months of rent, food and physio?
can you break down your expenses of everything but the surgery?

Thanks

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »

These things are sensitive to the doctor, but perhaps I can? I convert to pounds because my surgery is in London but cost wise you are looking at 55000+

Just sitting on my hospital bed nOw. Did some leg raises. Nurse came in and put ice beneath my knee. Feeling alert but also sleepy... Might do bike later on around midnight. Legs feel weak! Bad control. Urging them on, go-this-way but they meekly follow. Best way to describe it would be like it's numb from pins and needles... So you have to be patient with yourself.
Pain wise... Tightness/soreness. But nothing that makes you feel, oh, this is painful.

Still, I know most patients are like me first day post op so trying not to get far ahead of myself. Slow and steady.

So yes! Here comes the real thing!

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:56 PM »

Clarence, from one Dr G patient to another, I wish you the best of luck!

The pain level will probably go up after your epidural runs out. That's what happened to me. But don't be afraid, you'll get through it, and the pain will calm down after a few days. Try to do as much PT as you can in the hospital. I didn't, and it made my first evening at home kinda hard.

Is Sergio in London with you? If so, you're lucky, he's awesome :)

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:55 AM »

Discharged from hospital yesterday. It is now nearly 9 am and I have an appointment with the isokinetic centre at 11am.

Clarence, from one Dr G patient to another, I wish you the best of luck!

The pain level will probably go up after your epidural runs out. That's what happened to me. But don't be afraid, you'll get through it, and the pain will calm down after a few days. Try to do as much PT as you can in the hospital. I didn't, and it made my first evening at home kinda hard.

Is Sergio in London with you? If so, you're lucky, he's awesome :)
Thanks, Yellowspike! Sergio is in London. He's been so helpful! The bike though! The bike that I'll have at home is the most uncomfortable bike ever! An hour on that yesterday was terrible but I managed it. Pain is like how you said. But yes, I guess I'll manage. Do you have any suggestions on sleeping position? I have two soft pillows under my legs but the weird angles are painful... that's been keeping me up when I can't sleep.

I think the only thing with me is that I'm going to be sleepy throughout the day... I wake up around 4am these days to do my clicks. Then noon, 8 pm. I don't really get long hours of sleep. I tend to want to fall asleep every 2 hours after a bout of short exercises. I guess coffee will be a good solution.

Otherwise mood wise no major mood swings yet. I probably should hop on the bike for 40 min before I head out.

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

Discharged from hospital yesterday. It is now nearly 9 am and I have an appointment with the isokinetic centre at 11am.
Thanks, Yellowspike! Sergio is in London. He's been so helpful! The bike though! The bike that I'll have at home is the most uncomfortable bike ever! An hour on that yesterday was terrible but I managed it. Pain is like how you said. But yes, I guess I'll manage. Do you have any suggestions on sleeping position? I have two soft pillows under my legs but the weird angles are painful... that's been keeping me up when I can't sleep.

I think the only thing with me is that I'm going to be sleepy throughout the day... I wake up around 4am these days to do my clicks. Then noon, 8 pm. I don't really get long hours of sleep. I tend to want to fall asleep every 2 hours after a bout of short exercises. I guess coffee will be a good solution.

Otherwise mood wise no major mood swings yet. I probably should hop on the bike for 40 min before I head out.

...did they give you that bike? if they did, there's a chance I used the same exact bike. And yes...it was VERY uncomfortable, I always dreaded using it! haha

Sergio is awesome - you're in good hands with him. Fantastic guy.

Sleeping will be very hard for at least 5 weeks post-op. One thing I did that seemed to helped me was put pillows underneath my knees, and sorta sleep with your legs bent. You're actually NOT supposed to do this, but I couldn't sleep otherwise. Eventually it'll get better,, but yeah, sleep is an area that we all struggled in.

Who are you working out with at isokinetic, Dave or Marco?

shordepressed

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 02:33:27 PM »

Good luck I'm male 155..sad

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »

Thanks shordepressed!
...did they give you that bike? if they did, there's a chance I used the same exact bike. And yes...it was VERY uncomfortable, I always dreaded using it! haha

Sergio is awesome - you're in good hands with him. Fantastic guy.

Slkeeping will be very hard for at least 5 weeks post-op. One thing I did that seemed to helped me was put pillows underneath my knees, and sorta sleep with your legs bent. You're actually NOT supposed to do this, but I couldn't sleep otherwise. Eventually it'll get better,, but yeah, sleep is an area that we all struggled in.

Who are you working out with at isokinetic, Dave or Marco?
I suspect it's the same torture bike. The isokinetic one isn't the most comfortable either but lol, yeah.

So I think emotionally yesterday was probably one of my lower days. The uber I called from around Piccadilly Circus wouldn't drive in because of 'the traffic' and wanted me to walk to Shaftesbury Avenue! I couldn't manage it. In the end four very nice people actually stopped and helped and a lady from TJ Fridays and the male colleague, and a passerby physiotherapist helped me get a black cab. Getting on was a bit difficult though.

Going to the toilet is also a major challenge. And takes a long long time. Sleep when it comes is heavenly.

YellowSpike

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

Clarence trust me...I now EXACTLY what you're going through! It's really annoying that they made us workout at the Piccadilly gym because it's located in such a busy area. I too had trouble getting cabs to stop for me there.

Hang in there, you're still in very early days. I too remember how painful it was to sit down on a toilet. That will get better in about a week or two :)

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »

So I'm going home today. Stayed in a hotel post hospital as toilet more convenient. Going home...
Feeling sleeping all the time. Pain in the morning and evening, I become very very tired I can hardly speak.
So I peak everyday after noon and look forward to that. Can already feel that I am not as flexible as before.
Think the sleepiness is helping me emotionally. When energetic, seems I'm more prone to tears outta nowhere?

YellowSpike

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »

Hang in there clarence. I found that after about 2 weeks, it became easier to deal with everything on a daily basis. And by that point, using the bathroom shouldn't be as painful.

It will get better, but please focus on your PT. Your PT is your best weapon for maintaing your flexibility, and use the bike at night to help you sleep. It really does make a difference, trust me (even though I know the exact bike you're using isn't comfortable at all lol)

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

Thank you, Yellowspike and musicmaker. Think moods are unpredictable. May start the day off in high spirits, end up down, or have a terrible start, have zero confidence, and end up smiling ear to ear and feeling proud of yourself. Today was one of the former. I rejected (I think correctly) to use morphine patches - FOR NOW.

No matter how strong you are mentally, sometimes your body just will not and cannot. For example, going to the bathroom after a flight of stairs. Sergio said somebody had to do something similar, but I just tried and was out of breath and dizzy halfway up.

Good news, bike is becoming my friend.

YellowSpike

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 02:30:05 PM »

Clarence, I think Sergio may have been talking about me. During the first week, I needed to take a shower, and he had to help me up the stairs when I was still using a walker. Oh, that was such a difficult shower...eventually it got easier, but I was so scared the first time and afraid of falling and killing myself lol.

Don't worry, you're doing great, and you're going to be fine! :) Glad to hear the bike is helping you more and more.

Who are your PTs at the isokinetic center?

Ava

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »

Hi Clarence, may I ask how can you have your surgery done in London? I thought the clinic is located in France?

goldenegg

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 06:28:13 AM »

Hi Clarence, may I ask how can you have your surgery done in London? I thought the clinic is located in France?

I believe Dr. Guichet operates in Milan and London.

Hope everything is getting better day by day Clarence!

Ava

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

I believe Dr. Guichet operates in Milan and London.

Hope everything is getting better day by day Clarence!

Thank you:)

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 08:35:32 AM »

I haven't updated in so long. It is now the 30th day post-op, and I am at 4cm on my clicking profile.
I've been so busy doing physio that I'm too exhausted when I get home around 5 (leave around 8 ) to come on and write about my daily experience... I really don't want to spend my entire day 'thinking' about leg lengthening, I guess.
Encountered nerve pain on my left leg during the first 2 weeks of lengthening, which was abnormal. It is now mostly gone, after I slowed down clicks, but it pops back up sometimes during the pool session or after the bike. Mostly now I'm having trouble with my knee and my right upper glutes area (feels like the nail is pushing on the muscle or something). And sleep. Sleep is still a problem. Got 2 hours last night then tried to doze but knee pain blazed up, which it sometimes does, at night. Ice helped a lot! Doubt I would be able to go without Tramadol at night for still another 2 weeks or so.
Mood wise I would say I'm pretty much the same! Although I'm sleepy ALL the time.
Becoming quite adept with crutches, although I'm still about 6 times slower than everyone else haha. But people make way for you and it's nice to slow down sometimes.
--
MORE THAN HALFWAY THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :D

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 09:20:42 AM »

I haven't updated in so long. It is now the 30th day post-op, and I am at 4cm on my clicking profile.
I've been so busy doing physio that I'm too exhausted when I get home around 5 (leave around 8 ) to come on and write about my daily experience... I really don't want to spend my entire day 'thinking' about leg lengthening, I guess.
Encountered nerve pain on my left leg during the first 2 weeks of lengthening, which was abnormal. It is now mostly gone, after I slowed down clicks, but it pops back up sometimes during the pool session or after the bike. Mostly now I'm having trouble with my knee and my right upper glutes area (feels like the nail is pushing on the muscle or something). And sleep. Sleep is still a problem. Got 2 hours last night then tried to doze but knee pain blazed up, which it sometimes does, at night. Ice helped a lot! Doubt I would be able to go without Tramadol at night for still another 2 weeks or so.
Mood wise I would say I'm pretty much the same! Although I'm sleepy ALL the time.
Becoming quite adept with crutches, although I'm still about 6 times slower than everyone else haha. But people make way for you and it's nice to slow down sometimes.
--
MORE THAN HALFWAY THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :D
How about pain?
Is it still extremely pain or normal pain or light pain now?(compare with first week post op)
It is amazing for 1month = 4cm.I also go with Guichet 6cm Femur in July.Hope you are doing well

Melan_sprint

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »

what was the cost for internal femur?

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »

Hello, sorry I'm so late! Cost was 55000 GBP.

I've left isokinetic and physio with Sara at LA fitness and I'm now in the States! 7cm, some clicking to go but may stop early due to schedule! I've joined the gym and am continuing to bike 1 hour everyday. Also walking around 4km every single day! HAnds paying for it but I am so much quicker now!

One major change I noticed was that ever since I landed, my sleep has improved by so much! Whereas in London I was lucky to get 4 hours, I easily get 6 hours now. Hopefully this lasts!

maximize

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »

Hey Clarence,

How are you feeling at your new height?

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »

How am I feeling! Well, to be honest I feel like I've sort of just grown into my new height - quite literally too I guess! Lol! So I feel comfortable being at the height I am now, but it feels natural. Definitely feel more self-assured, but I think the whole experience has helped me grow mentally as well.
I did notice while I was out walking in London of the noticeable change, but not so much now... That's because I always look down at the ground when I walk now? (It's very hilly)
Haven't regretted surgery since the first day and still happy I've basically achieved a dream for myself that will now affect my life. However, also quite desperate and impatient sometimes for recovery to speed up... Mind racing ahead of me again! I just have to be patient.

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

Also, a little bit about pain: I'd say first 3 weeks pain/stiffness was highest at night and sometimes in the morning, especially if I didn't sleep.
Then week 3 to about 5, the discomfort started to decrease quite noticeably, still sometimes at night causing inability to sleep.
After that, hardly any pain except for some after exercise: left knee, upper flutes area, etc
Now I'm sleeping so well although legs are still heavy at night.

microman

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »

is that £55K because it's in london, because the doctors page implies its around £30k.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up