Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some idiot says that our bone formed during CLL will shrink? Total horsesh*t or?  (Read 1116 times)

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.

So another /r/short troll posted something about CLL saying not to do it, just live like a bitter midget for the whole of your life, blah blah. But they claimed to be knowledgable about CLL and said something like this.

http://imgur.com/2NeOi3N

Now Im thinking, is it really true about the height shrinking thing or is it just another short troll trying to pull others down?
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

onemorefoot

Is probably the same crap that Claims to have grown 2 inches through a suplement. If this were a scam, I would be here dude.
Budget will determine my future.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.

No its someone from /r/short trying to talk me out of cll. They said I would lose all my height after surgery and I will get bone infections, fat embolism, blood clots... whatever. I know these things happen, but they are rare or easily manageable with care. Im not losing out on 1500 dollars yearly due to my short height at my job anymore. fking east asia, why yall gotta care so much about height?

onemorefoot

Bone infection is rare, fat e is easily solved now And those only happens with internamente fixation And in a jungle, I havent seen any bone infection until now in both forums. The   that wrote that maybe doesnt have the money And is angry
Budget will determine my future.

Iamready

You guys should stay away from the r/short subreddit. It's a miserable place that offers nothing positive.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.

I know right! I posted a totally unrelated thread on another subreddit about my cat and suddenly this   pops up. Idiot used a throwaway account too, which raises suspicion.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

You guys should stay away from the r/short subreddit. It's a miserable place that offers nothing positive.

I don't know if i remember correctly but some time ago you were actually defending r/short soo... something happened?

DreamOf180cm

get this r/short   outta here
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Subsidence is a thing which can occur, but not to the degree which he's talking about. He fundamentally misunderstands distraction osteogenesis and acts as if it hasn't been a viable and common method used for decades in the medical field for deformities, there are literally hundreds of documented cases ranging from patients with achondroplasia, deformity, growth plate injuries, discrepancies etc. that have lengthened substantial amounts (well over what is recommended for cosmetic lengthening) on various parts of the body, where bone has successfully been created through distraction, nevermind the users on this forum. To deny this and the endless proof is ignorance and he clearly has no real understanding of the procedure - distraction osteogenesis has been around a long time and been used successfully for many years. I'm not sure what he is trying to say at the end - that by undergoing limb lengthening you risk losing more height than you initially started with..? That makes little sense. Look at the examples on Dr Paley/Dr Rozbruch's website to see that what he is saying is patently false.

why are u even in r/short asking for advice?

Iamready

I don't know if i remember correctly but some time ago you were actually defending r/short soo... something happened?

Maybe I didn't know it well enough back then. I thought it would be a nice place where shorter people could find positive advice but all I see is a bunch of self sabotage and hate. 

zantac20

Nope, new bone formation will not dissapear. Only remodelation of the callous will happen.

If the new bone wouldn't stay there forever, things like a complicated fracture would not be able to be healed by surgeons.

Also you are lengthening all your soft tissue. This doesn't magicly dissapear either.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.

I actually posted to /r/cats about my cat but I think some random idiot must have been hatefollowing me. I initially posted something back in my wee days where I thought /r/short was a place to discuss CLL and stuff. Boy was I wrong. Ended up with this idiot creating multi throwaways just to stalk and harass me. :/.

spreading false information just because he found a way to cope with his lack of height and wants to encourage others to do so as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up