Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I did over 12cm on femurs. (Ask Me Anything)..  (Read 6325 times)

lessthanavg8300

Re: I did over 12cm on femurs. (Ask Me Anything)..
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2023, 03:15:54 PM »

Source?

The average Tibia to Femur ratio is 0.80 with a standard deviation of like 0.02. You’re telling me this dude is like 10 standard deviations above the average? I don’t buy that at all.

In this study of over 1000 people, no one was remotely close to having tibias longer than their femur:

https://www.mdpi.com/2673-4036/1/2/9

The source is on the literal first page of his journal link that you provided: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69034.msg268348#msg268348

Quote from StandTaller:
"Luckily I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias. My proportions know are very poor and after going 11cm it will be very good and darn close to ideal."
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

mate10000w

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2023, 04:32:36 PM »

The source is on the literal first page of his journal link that you provided: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69034.msg268348#msg268348

Quote from StandTaller:
"Luckily I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias. My proportions know are very poor and after going 11cm it will be very good and darn close to ideal."

I was right. You did cut it off to hide context. He talking about the seat in comparison. Some airline seats are bigger or smaller depending on the airplane or section of plane.

He is not saying his femurs are actually smaller in comparison to his tibias. It’s the seat in comparison. It’s dishonest what you did. I posted his full conversation below

Quote from StandTaller:
“I actually measured how much room I would have with 11cm more on an airplane seat on my to Germany. I should have plenty. Luckily I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias. My proportions know are very poor and after going 11cm it will be very good and darn close to ideal.“

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2023, 04:51:16 PM »

I was right. You did cut it off to hide context. He talking about the seat in comparison. Some airline seats are bigger or smaller depending on the airplane or section of plane.

He is not saying his femurs are actually smaller in comparison to his tibias. It’s the seat in comparison. It’s dishonest what you did. I posted his full conversation below

Quote from StandTaller:
“I actually measured how much room I would have with 11cm more on an airplane seat on my to Germany. I should have plenty. Luckily I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias. My proportions know are very poor and after going 11cm it will be very good and darn close to ideal.“

Is your reading comprehension that of a 5 year old?   It not taken out of context its actually very clear.

"I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias"

"My proportions know are very poor"

What part of this do you not understand?  It has nothing to do with the airline seats or them in comparison to his legs.  I have no idea how you could even arrive at that.

Theres an entire discussion amongst like 4 people (including him) further down the chain discussing his tibias being longer than his femurs.  So it appears that you're the only one that doesnt seem to get it.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2023, 12:12:48 AM »

Is your reading comprehension that of a 5 year old?   It not taken out of context its actually very clear.

"I have very short femurs, much shorter than my tibias"

"My proportions know are very poor"

What part of this do you not understand?  It has nothing to do with the airline seats or them in comparison to his legs.  I have no idea how you could even arrive at that.

Theres an entire discussion amongst like 4 people (including him) further down the chain discussing his tibias being longer than his femurs.  So it appears that you're the only one that doesnt seem to get it.

No, I think he is right. He was referring to the plane seat and not being literal.

I did some sleuthing. Here goes.

On March 23, he says his femurs are 45cm and his tibias are 37cm. On April 16, he says he has reached 172 cm in length after 7cm lengthening from his original 165cm. So we can estimate that in the month that passed he gained roughly 3 cm. Which means on March 23, he had only lengthened about 4cm.

That means his original femurs are 41 cm and his tibias are 37 cm.

So, no, his femurs aren’t literally shorter than his tibias. I would also be willing to bet that he’s underestimating how long his femurs are. It is common for people to overestimate how long their tibias are and to underestimate how long their femurs are due to the head of the femurs being above the trachonter landmark on the hips.

He himself, in his diary, mentions not being super sure how to measure his tibias and femurs. So it is very likely he made the measuring mistakes most people make. I would guess his original tibia to femur ratio is between 0.83 - 0.90. Longer than most people’s ratio, yes, but nowhere near “femurs shorter than tibia” as you suggested.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2023, 12:32:57 AM »

No, I think he is right. He was referring to the plane seat and not being literal.

On March 23, he says his femurs are 45cm and his tibias are 37cm. On April 16, he says he has reached 172 cm in length after 7cm lengthening from his original 165cm. So we can estimate that in the month that passed he gained roughly 3 cm. Which means on March 23, he had only lengthened about 4cm.

So, no, his femurs aren’t literally shorter than his tibias. I would also be willing to bet that he’s underestimating how long his femurs are. It is common for people to overestimate how long their tibias are and to underestimate how long their femurs are due to the head of the femurs being above the trachonter landmark on the hips.

He himself, in his diary, mentions not being super sure how to measure his tibias and femurs. So it is very likely he made the measuring mistakes most people make. I would guess his original tibia to femur ratio is between 0.83 - 0.90. Longer than most people’s ratio, yes, but nowhere near “femurs shorter than tibia” as you suggested.

Bud, theres no possible way to misinterpret what he said.  He verbatim said his femurs are shorter than his tibias.  It has nothing to do with the f-cking airplane seat.

Could he be wrong in his statement?  Sure thats possible.  If this is bothering you so much you should just go ask him.  Hes on the forum.

Regardless, from your own measurements: 37/41 = .90  Thats still an absurd ratio.  He started with very short femurs.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2023, 12:44:01 AM »

Bud, theres no possible way to misinterpret what he said.  He verbatim said his femurs are shorter than his tibias.  It has nothing to do with the f-cking airplane seat.

Could he be wrong in his statement?  Sure thats possible.  If this is bothering you so much you should just go ask him.  Hes on the forum.

Regardless, from your own measurements: 37/41 = .90  Thats still an absurd ratio.  He started with very short femurs.

Yes I agree with you lol. He misspoke. He wasn’t being literal with his statement “my femurs are shorter than tibias” seeing as how he didn’t even know how long they were a few months later.

Bagga

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2023, 01:34:47 AM »

Yes I agree with you lol. He misspoke. He wasn’t being literal with his statement “my femurs are shorter than tibias” seeing as how he didn’t even know how long they were a few months later.
it is so strange to argue and debate when the owner was not really responding at all!  LOL

GrowGrow123

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2023, 06:29:19 AM »

it is so strange to argue and debate when the owner was not really responding at all!  LOL

Who’s the owner? XD

TheDream

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »

Jesus what the hell was Becker thinking
https://youtu.be/fCoHb41zJP0?si=BCsOnHflIIwDybk8

Ahri

• Ennui
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2023, 09:34:41 AM »

Jesus what the hell was Becker thinking
https://youtu.be/fCoHb41zJP0?si=BCsOnHflIIwDybk8

Yah that’s what I watched too :| idc if he says the nail is full weight bearing, something is bound to go wrong. No doctor with credibility should approve this for patient safety.
Height Reduction Procedure on 7/4/23
173 cm (5'8") -> 169.5 cm (5'7)

Philosopher

• The limits do not set you, you set the limits.
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »

Yah that’s what I watched too :| idc if he says the nail is full weight bearing, something is bound to go wrong. No doctor with credibility should approve this for patient safety.

May I ask, how do you know something is bound to go wrong? I sense fearmongering here. It was his decision to lenghten a certain amount and if he has any complications, he has to deal with them himself. Besides, as far as I've read, there are almost no untreatable complications.
In some northern regions of Samogitia, the average height for 20 year old males is around 6'3''.
So yes, you can say I am striving for average. 🙃

Estimate surgery date: 2026 summer

Stubborn Knucklehead

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »

His original height was 161.3cm if you click on his diary it’s literally the first thing at the top. Not sure where you pulled 165cm from but I’m sure that means all your other calculations are totally off.
Height: 166cm (5'5.5") -> 175m (5'9")
Surgery Date: May 18th 2023 | Removal: August 9th 2023

Ahri

• Ennui
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »

May I ask, how do you know something is bound to go wrong? I sense fearmongering here. It was his decision to lenghten a certain amount and if he has any complications, he has to deal with them himself. Besides, as far as I've read, there are almost no untreatable complications.

because you need to consolidate 12+ cm of bone which is incredibly difficult to do. You’re walking effectively on a singular, very long nail and minimal callus that could definitely give way and bend. I linked earlier a thread where the validity of full weight bearing on betzbone was heavily questioned. Also did you see him walking? it looks horrible aesthetically at such a dramatic length with shorter tibias - I’ve seen others go toward 9cm and even that was seriously pushing the limit. The complications get exponentially worse when you lengthen that much. I’ll happily eat my words if I see no nail bend on x rays and full consolidation in a year.

“ In spite of the extensive experience of the treating surgeon, many soft tissue and bone problems are possibly expected. Safety of the patient has to be more important than gaining more length [42]. For example, if a weak regeneration zone develops, which is not responsive to cycles of compression distraction, the surgeon has to reduce the expected area of lengthening by gradual compression to improve the regeneration and avoid nonunion. In our opinion we think that this procedure has to be undertaken by a surgeon with great experience in the field to handle the potential complications”

“ We believe that optimum lengthening of the lower limbs can be done only up to 5 to 7 cm, beyond which outcome may be suboptimal in view of cosmesis (trunk-limb proportions) [4, 19], altered biomechanics, and soft tissue function [10]. ”

https://jorthoptraumatol.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s10195-019-0541-3

And yes - often the complications are treatable with procedures like bone grafting. But then let’s be blunt about those risks and additional costs upfront if we are going to start advertising 12+ cm as safe.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 03:54:24 PM by Ahri »
Height Reduction Procedure on 7/4/23
173 cm (5'8") -> 169.5 cm (5'7)

GrowGrow123

« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2023, 04:14:31 PM »

His original height was 161.3cm if you click on his diary it’s literally the first thing at the top. Not sure where you pulled 165cm from but I’m sure that means all your other calculations are totally off.

On March 26, he says this (quoted):

“I've now reached 7cm and I now stand at 172cm tall, and I feel tall around people who are at my old height now. I have two sisters who are a 166cm and 167cm tall, and there is a clear difference in our height - and knowing I was shorter than them that is such a weird and special feeling. And this is still wide duckass and wide-legs, so in reality I am not actually 172cm yet.”

172 - 7 = 165, right?

The larger point here is that he says a lot of things in his diary. Some contradictory. I wouldn’t take his statements at face value.

If you have a photo of him standing straight before surgery, we can lay this to rest lol.

Stubborn Knucklehead

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2023, 04:35:44 PM »

On March 26, he says this (quoted):

“I've now reached 7cm and I now stand at 172cm tall, and I feel tall around people who are at my old height now. I have two sisters who are a 166cm and 167cm tall, and there is a clear difference in our height - and knowing I was shorter than them that is such a weird and special feeling. And this is still wide duckass and wide-legs, so in reality I am not actually 172cm yet.”

172 - 7 = 165, right?

The larger point here is that he says a lot of things in his diary. Some contradictory. I wouldn’t take his statements at face value.

If you have a photo of him standing straight before surgery, we can lay this to rest lol.

This guy seems to be a bull ter then. I don’t know what the truth is about the whole thing. But even without any measurements, it’s apparent to anyone his legs look out of whack. Hopefully for this guy’s sake he either always wears long pants or maybe decides to do tibias.   
Height: 166cm (5'5.5") -> 175m (5'9")
Surgery Date: May 18th 2023 | Removal: August 9th 2023

Melon

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2023, 09:57:19 AM »

After we stop lengthening, how many days gap should we take before frame removal surgery?

Melon

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2023, 12:52:41 PM »

How many days should we take break, after our limb lengthening Target reached , before we remove frame?

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2023, 01:29:33 PM »

If somebody thinks 12 cm on their femurs is safe, they need to stop spreading fake news, and tempting others to play with fire.

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »

It's been 8 days since my fixation removal but my pain level is still at 7/10 daily. My physiotherapist and doctor Dont know the reason why. When did your pain begin to go away. If I use painkillers it makes it 3/10. I don't want to use painkillers and be pain free but It just seems impossible at this point

Joytoy1

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2023, 09:39:20 PM »

Are you sure this is true?? Do you have source? I have been following stand taller logs for a long time and never heard this till now.

I also don’t buy it. I did 10cm on femurs. Before and after never got 1 single comment or look towards my porportions. I’m healed and waking normal long time. I looks completely regular. OP also looks normal on his poroptions. Only thing visible anyone can honestly tell is anterior pelvic tilt which needs physical therapy to resolve. Much respect to OP he a legend. I did it on my femurs and literally nobody can even tell nothing about no proportions

Good to hear also planning on 10cm Femurs but my ratio us 0.80 for the start. What was yours?

short but sweet

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2023, 03:02:46 PM »

I thought Betzbone could elongate only upto 12cm ?
the 12.5cm max height advertised on betz website is 12cm from betzbone nail + 0.5cm gap made during initial osteotomy

Body Builder

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2023, 04:01:18 PM »

If somebody thinks 12 cm on their femurs is safe, they need to stop spreading fake news, and tempting others to play with fire.
Well said. No sensible doctor also let patients to lengthen that much. Only Betz did and the same continues with his apprentice who thinks LL is a boob job as the ones he used to do.
Anyone who does that amount of LL will suffer the consequences of knee pain, premature arthritis etc.
Noone should do more than 8cm on femurs and thats the end of discussion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up